T Nation

Gen Powell to Endorse Obama?

What would it mean for McCain’s candidacy if the rumor turns out be be true?

My vote will not be swayed either way.

Wouldn’t surprise me. A smart man backing another smart man.

Reminds me of the campaigns leading up to the '04 elections and John Eisenhower (a 50-year republican) endorsed John Kerry.

It would seem the rumor was correct.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27265369/

Ironic too considering that Colin Powell is the idiot that told us that their were WMD’s in Iraq and help get us there in the first place. He has no credibility with me whatsoever. He must be doing it because Obama is black.

[quote]phil_leotardo wrote:
Ironic too considering that Colin Powell is the idiot that told us that their were WMD’s in Iraq and help get us there in the first place. He has no credibility with me whatsoever. He must be doing it because Obama is black.[/quote]

He says it isn’t about race.

He did not go to the UN and give false testimony of his own accord. He was under the order of GWB.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

He says it isn’t about race.

He did not go to the UN and give false testimony of his own accord. He was under the order of GWB.[/quote]

So he lied then under orders instead of resigning? Either way I have no respect for him.

Of course he can’t say that it’s about race.

[quote]phil_leotardo wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

He says it isn’t about race.

He did not go to the UN and give false testimony of his own accord. He was under the order of GWB.

So he lied then under orders instead of resigning? Either way I have no respect for him.

Of course he can’t say that it’s about race.

[/quote]

So was it possible to be mislead himself?? And he did resign…do some research. Somebody else should of resigned for misleading us all to begin with.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

So was it possible to be mislead himself?? And he did resign…do some research. Somebody else should of resigned for misleading us all to begin with.[/quote]

Why are you making excuses for the guy? I watched his speech live on t.v. that night where he presented all of the “evidence” and made the case for why Iraq had WMD. He should have resigned and refused to have give the speech id he didn’t believe it. If he did believe it that just makes him an idiot.

[quote]phil_leotardo wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:

So was it possible to be mislead himself?? And he did resign…do some research. Somebody else should of resigned for misleading us all to begin with.

Why are you making excuses for the guy? I watched his speech live on t.v. that night where he presented all of the “evidence” and made the case for why Iraq had WMD. He should have resigned and refused to have give the speech id he didn’t believe it. If he did believe it that just makes him an idiot.
[/quote]

LOL,I’m making excuses? I asked YOU if it was possible for him to be mislead himself?? AND he did in fact resign. So what’s your excuse for arguing with your horse blinders on??

This is not even taking into account the fact that 90% of Americas at the time would call you a terrorist…or unpatriotic if you didn’t believe Iraq had WMDs and invasion was justified. So by your own “excuse”…we are all idiots…don’t exclude yourself.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

LOL,I’m making excuses? I asked YOU if it was possible for him to be mislead himself?? AND he did in fact resign. So what’s your excuse for arguing with your horse blinders on??[/quote]

What good does resigning after he gave the speech that helped sell the American public on the Iraq war do?

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
This is not even taking into account the fact that 90% of Americas at the time would call you a terrorist…or unpatriotic if you didn’t believe Iraq had WMDs and invasion was justified. So by your own “excuse”…we are all idiots…don’t exclude yourself.[/quote]

I can exclude myself because I thought that the Iraq war was a crock of shit from the start. You are also overstating the amount of people that supported it from the beginning. Remember, Colin Powell was one of the main salespeople to the American public on the Iraq war.

[quote]phil_leotardo wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:

LOL,I’m making excuses? I asked YOU if it was possible for him to be mislead himself?? AND he did in fact resign. So what’s your excuse for arguing with your horse blinders on??

What good does resigning after he gave the speech that helped sell the American public on the Iraq war do?

Big_Boss wrote:
This is not even taking into account the fact that 90% of Americas at the time would call you a terrorist…or unpatriotic if you didn’t believe Iraq had WMDs and invasion was justified. So by your own “excuse”…we are all idiots…don’t exclude yourself.

I can exclude myself because I thought that the Iraq war was a crock of shit from the start. You are also overstating the amount of people that supported it from the beginning. Remember, Colin Powell was one of the main salespeople to the American public on the Iraq war.
[/quote]

Then you can’t possibly be voting for McCain. He still argues that the “crock of shit” is totally valid and wants to stay for another 10 years at least.

It seems like you got a point. But he’s not black.

[quote]phil_leotardo wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:

LOL,I’m making excuses? I asked YOU if it was possible for him to be mislead himself?? AND he did in fact resign. So what’s your excuse for arguing with your horse blinders on??

What good does resigning after he gave the speech that helped sell the American public on the Iraq war do?

Big_Boss wrote:
This is not even taking into account the fact that 90% of Americas at the time would call you a terrorist…or unpatriotic if you didn’t believe Iraq had WMDs and invasion was justified. So by your own “excuse”…we are all idiots…don’t exclude yourself.

I can exclude myself because I thought that the Iraq war was a crock of shit from the start. You are also overstating the amount of people that supported it from the beginning. Remember, Colin Powell was one of the main salespeople to the American public on the Iraq war.

[/quote]

sure…of course…easy to say after the fact.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

sure…of course…easy to say after the fact.[/quote]

Why is it so hard to believe? Even back then there was never any question that if Iraq had WMD that they could reach America (they never had ICBM capability), they could only threaten our “allies” in the Middle East.

[quote]RoadWarrior wrote:

Then you can’t possibly be voting for McCain. He still argues that the “crock of shit” is totally valid and wants to stay for another 10 years at least.

[/quote]

Every time that we stick our nose in one of these foreign affairs we end up having to keep some of our troops there for some extended period of time. As for McCain, I am not his biggest fan, but he does look better than Obama to me.