Geek S**T

[quote]Professor X wrote:
…and has anyone heard of a movie based on Kratos in GOW?[/quote]

[quote]dk44 wrote:
Srry ProX, but really I used to have a thing (not sexual) for Starting Lineup Figures, when I was a kid my room looked like the 40 year old virgins apartment.[/quote]

i hear you. i have 20+ bobbleheads and 30+ autographed baseballs/pictures on a shelf in my room. running out of space.

[quote]Backlash79 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
…and has anyone heard of a movie based on Kratos in GOW?

God Of War Movie Script Done, Djimon Hounsou Could Play Kratos - GameGuru [/quote]

Thank you. I think Djimon would be a decent choice, but hopefully someone in Hollywood is even more physically intimidating.

I still DVR and watch every episode of the X-Men and Spiderman cartoons when it’s on at like 3am. And I taught myself how to throw cards because I like Gambit…

Come to think of it, cartoons are about all I watch outside of sports and news.

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Blade: The Series is now out on dvd. Sure, it only made it through most of one season before it was canceled, but by the end, they had actually worked out a few kinks and I liked what it could have been.

I hear there is a lot of tittie action in the uncut episodes, tits just for kicks so to speak. I have gone so past geekdom to now be considered an uberdork. If not for my size(intimidation has it’s benefits) I swear people at work would steal my lunch money
[/quote]

Yes, titties get more play on the dvd. They might as well be a supporting actor.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
When you’re in geek mode, this is the only news show you need to watch:

http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/index.html [/quote]

Fuck that. G4 sucks dick as a channel. When it was TechTV it was cool, but now it’s only redeeming quality is Morgan Webb who’s goal in life is to kill my hard on for her every day by dressing like a blind retarded refugee from the future.

How is Wipeout?[/quote]

Fast and furious, the kind of game where you really have to pay attention to win races. I find myself holding the PSP and leaning with my whole body when I zip around corners etc, hehe. Love the look, the music, the action, everything. And when you finally beat the damn thing you realize that was just the Rookie League, and there’s 3 more! Gah!

There’s two out for PSP now, I recommend Pure over Pulse personally. Pure is actually a few years old now so you could probably find a cheap, used copy.

Here are some decent reviews, if you want details:
pure: http://psp.ign.com/objects/682/682962.html
pulse: http://psp.ign.com/objects/882/882255.html

Dang, this thread is filling up fast. Lotta geeks around here :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
I still DVR and watch every episode of the X-Men and Spiderman cartoons when it’s on at like 3am. And I taught myself how to throw cards because I like Gambit…

Come to think of it, cartoons are about all I watch outside of sports and news.[/quote]

Those Spiderman cartoons have been and always will be the shit.

One more animated series out that I think deserves WAY more credit than it gets is Avatar, the Last the Airbender. At first look, it looks like it is just for kids. The plots and underlying messages aren’t for prepubescents, however. If you like Anime in any way (this is NOT anime but it was inspired by it), shape or form, at least give that one a chance.

For some reason I like Aqua Teen Hunger Force, even tho I have yet to figure out what the hell is going on in even one single episode.

[quote]okaz wrote:
I’m really looking forward to Fallout 3, done by Bethesda who did all the Elder Scrolls games. I have hundreds of hours total in both Morrowind and Oblivion. I would love a Fallout game with that level of freedom to just explore and do whatever you want.

Speaking of Oblivion, there are some vague rumors of a PSP port. Please let it be true…

[/quote]

Geek reposte!

Gothic3 sooo trumps Oblivion/Morrowind.

Much more immersive
Practically every ounce of graphical content is hand placed
character curse, swear and the factions aren’t black or white
etc…

[quote]dk44 wrote:
For some reason I like Aqua Teen Hunger Force, even tho I have yet to figure out what the hell is going on in even one single episode.[/quote]

ATHF is amazing

One of my all time favorite games to play, it may be greater than 50% geek though:

[quote]
One more animated series out that I think deserves WAY more credit than it gets is Avatar, the Last the Airbender. At first look, it looks like it is just for kids. The plots and underlying messages aren’t for prepubescents, however. If you like Anime in any way (this is NOT anime but it was inspired by it), shape or form, at least give that one a chance.[/quote]

Spiderman in mid to late 90’s was awesome I even liked the earlier one with Spiderman, Iceman and Firestar(?? chick with red hair, yellow suit?)

My 2 year old likes Spiderman right now and the stuff on TV is just not great.

I don’t care for the new Batman cartoon either. I thought JLU was the last good cartoon with Batman in it. I thought the episode where they tied it into Batman Beyond was awesome.

Avatar always seemed to me to be a rather mature themed show for Nickelodeon. Not in terms of sex or action but the story just seemed deeper than most kids would give thought to. Anyone heard anything else about the motion picture? I know M. Night Shyamalan was supposed to be heading that up but there was some dispute between him and James Cameron over the title.

Ok so 50% geek might be an understatement for me. Before lifting/training, I was a comic book guy.

On another geek note, I can’t tell you how many times I have watched the Ironman trailer on youtube and sat there drooling in nerd euphoria. I always loved Batman, The Punisher, and Ironman because they were “normal” people who became superheros through ingenuity and non-supernatural based power. Only a geek could justify to himself that building a metal suit that flies is possible while a man from Krypton presents too many scienitific problems.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
On another geek note, I can’t tell you how many times I have watched the Ironman trailer on youtube and sat there drooling in nerd euphoria.[/quote]

The song is perfect in that trailer.

ULTRAMAN…was the shit.

[quote]Backlash79 wrote:

One more animated series out that I think deserves WAY more credit than it gets is Avatar, the Last the Airbender. At first look, it looks like it is just for kids. The plots and underlying messages aren’t for prepubescents, however. If you like Anime in any way (this is NOT anime but it was inspired by it), shape or form, at least give that one a chance.

Spiderman in mid to late 90’s was awesome I even liked the earlier one with Spiderman, Iceman and Firestar(?? chick with red hair, yellow suit?)

My 2 year old likes Spiderman right now and the stuff on TV is just not great.

I don’t care for the new Batman cartoon either. I thought JLU was the last good cartoon with Batman in it. I thought the episode where they tied it into Batman Beyond was awesome.

Avatar always seemed to me to be a rather mature themed show for Nickelodeon. Not in terms of sex or action but the story just seemed deeper than most kids would give thought to. Anyone heard anything else about the motion picture? I know M. Night Shyamalan was supposed to be heading that up but there was some dispute between him and James Cameron over the title.

Ok so 50% geek might be an understatement for me. Before lifting/training, I was a comic book guy.

[/quote]

Justice League was classic. I think there are still those who don’t give animated shows any credit because they label them all as “child media”. Justice League wasn’t for real little kids, though.

Are you saying they are making an Avatar movie? if so, no one could be worse to write it than M. Night Shyamalan. That show is very deep as far as spiritual themes and even how much the main characters grow from the beginning to the latest episode.

kevinm1 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Blade: The Series is now out on dvd. Sure, it only made it through most of one season before it was canceled, but by the end, they had actually worked out a few kinks and I liked what it could have been.

I hear there is a lot of tittie action in the uncut episodes, tits just for kicks so to speak. I have gone so past geekdom to now be considered an uberdork. If not for my size(intimidation has it’s benefits) I swear people at work would steal my lunch money

Yes, titties get more play on the dvd. They might as well be a supporting actor.[/quote]

That’s good I’m a fan of the tit

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:

Geek reposte!

Gothic3 sooo trumps Oblivion/Morrowind.

Much more immersive
Practically every ounce of graphical content is hand placed
character curse, swear and the factions aren’t black or white
etc…

[/quote]
so im pretty fucking skeptical of this… i dont even know how a game could be more immersive than Oblilvion
what system is Gothic3 for?

another cool one is two worlds, not as in depth as oblivion, but the combat system is better and faster and the loading times are very reasonable