Geek S**T The SIXTH

[quote]Bujo wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:
Whatever lets you sleep at night :wink: You should read my review of the movie that takes into account the last minute switcharoo of leading men, which lead to a weak script:

Would make a decent rental, but doesn’t stand up to repeated viewings and not worth the price of admission. Could and should have been much better. Harsh but fair.[/quote]

See, I really liked “Cowboys & Aliens”. All your complaints about the film are positives in my book. I don’t particularly like likable people, and think more movies need to star gruff assholes like Jake Lonergan and Woodrow Dolarhyde.

The movies I watch again and again are the likes of:
Hannah
Salt
Columbiana
Push
The Losers
Cellular
3000 Miles To Graceland
Way Of The Gun
Boondock Saints
etc…
etc…
etc…

[/quote]

Will you watch Cowboys & Aliens again and again? It’s not on the list.

[quote]
So, if you don’t like those films then we obviously have much different tastes. I liked Conan a lot too, but I have soft spot in my heart for films that involve launching prisoners with trebuchets. [/quote]

I judge films one by one, on their own merits. Cowboys & Aliens didn’t work because it was originally conceived and written as a buddy movie with comedic overtones. Robert Downey Jr. jumped ship to do the Sherlock Holmes sequel, and for reasons unknown, they replaced him with Daniel Craig. Jon Favreau said that he re-wrote the script to accomodate Dan Craig, but it just seems as though they cut RDjr out and put Daniel Craig in the gap.

The dynamic between Robert Downey Jr. and Harrison Ford would have created a totally different movie.

The rating was too low to make it gritty enough to suit Craig, and honestly he takes himself far too seriously for a relatively high-concept movie…Cowboys and Aliens? Coool…