Geek S**T The SIXTH

[quote]Bujo wrote:
So…I just bought a PS3. I picked up Uncharted 2, Hi-def PS3 revisions of God Of War I & II, and God of War 3. What other PS3 exclusives should I be playing?

If I want to play Infamous II, is it worth picking up the first Infamous game?[/quote]

Demon Souls and the metal gear solid games.

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Bujo wrote:
And another reason to go see “Cowboys & Aliens.” He plays an excellent tough as nails cowboy preacher. [/quote]

I was disappoint with Cowboys & Aliens. I gave my opinion in Wol’s Conan movie thread so I’ll leave it at that. Clancy Brown’s performance was definitely one of the high points though. One of those actors who always delivers…[/quote]

True. He always delivers a great performance, whether it be live action or animated or whatever. His acting is great even if not every movie he’s in has been a winner.

Note to self:
Roybot would not know a good movie if it came up and dick slapped him.

be ready to commit suicide after playing demon souls…

the game is beautifully done but its hard as shit and has no check points to respawn from… when u die u come back in soul form and u have 0 equipment u have to go back to ure “bloodstain” (body) to get all ure equip back… also the monsters u killed from before respawn so there’s no “clearing” of an area or a world… also when u die u start from the beginning of the stage so if u die near the boss… yes that means u have to run to ure body through enemies in order to get ure gear then fight the boss… there’s a few “cheap” ways around it but the game itself is hard as fuck…

[quote]Bujo wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Bujo wrote:
And another reason to go see “Cowboys & Aliens.” He plays an excellent tough as nails cowboy preacher. [/quote]

I was disappoint with Cowboys & Aliens. I gave my opinion in Wol’s Conan movie thread so I’ll leave it at that. Clancy Brown’s performance was definitely one of the high points though. One of those actors who always delivers…[/quote]

True. He always delivers a great performance, whether it be live action or animated or whatever. His acting is great even if not every movie he’s in has been a winner. [/quote]

Cowboys & Aliens?

[quote]
Note to self:
Roybot would not know a good movie if it came up and dick slapped him. [/quote]

Whatever lets you sleep at night :wink: You should read my review of the movie that takes into account the last minute switcharoo of leading men, which lead to a weak script:

Would make a decent rental, but doesn’t stand up to repeated viewings and not worth the price of admission. Could and should have been much better. Harsh but fair.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
This is the future, guys: Windows 8.

It’s going to be one operating system that runs on every single for factor (Desktops, Laptops, Tablets, TV’s) and this is going to be the boldest software development Microsoft has made… ever.

Features like Xbox Live are coming to Windows 8, too. You’ll be able to pretty much use all the services that are exclusive to the Xbox on your PC, including chat, messaging and an app store that will be uniform between the 360, Windows Phones and Windows 8.

There are too many new features to list, just trust me when I say this is going to be something special.

Its a white box. You just are not leaving me a warm and fuzzy man.

[quote]roybot wrote:
Whatever lets you sleep at night :wink: You should read my review of the movie that takes into account the last minute switcharoo of leading men, which lead to a weak script:

Would make a decent rental, but doesn’t stand up to repeated viewings and not worth the price of admission. Could and should have been much better. Harsh but fair.[/quote]

See, I really liked “Cowboys & Aliens”. All your complaints about the film are positives in my book. I don’t particularly like likable people, and think more movies need to star gruff assholes like Jake Lonergan and Woodrow Dolarhyde.

The movies I watch again and again are the likes of:
Hannah
Salt
Columbiana
Push
The Losers
Cellular
3000 Miles To Graceland
Way Of The Gun
Boondock Saints
etc…
etc…
etc…

So, if you don’t like those films then we obviously have much different tastes. I liked Conan a lot too, but I have soft spot in my heart for films that involve launching prisoners with trebuchets.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Both Infamous games were nice. The second one just did it better. I doubt I would have appreciated the second one as much without playing the first one.[/quote]

Cool. I’ll add it to the que. I need some more cheap, used games to buy when I go to pick up my pre-ordered games.

[quote]Vinnie85 wrote:
be ready to commit suicide after playing demon souls…

the game is beautifully done but its hard as shit and has no check points to respawn from… when u die u come back in soul form and u have 0 equipment u have to go back to ure “bloodstain” (body) to get all ure equip back… also the monsters u killed from before respawn so there’s no “clearing” of an area or a world… also when u die u start from the beginning of the stage so if u die near the boss… yes that means u have to run to ure body through enemies in order to get ure gear then fight the boss… there’s a few “cheap” ways around it but the game itself is hard as fuck…

[/quote]

Bet you can’t wait for the sequel… Dark Souls

[quote]Bujo wrote:
So, if you don’t like those films then we obviously have much different tastes. I liked Conan a lot too, but I have soft spot in my heart for films that involve launching prisoners with trebuchets. [/quote]

Heh! That’s an awesome line. I’m stealing it.

Conan was a damned bad flick, but I still enjoyed it. Every now and again a shitty movie amuses me. For 2011, Conan was it.

[quote]Bujo wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

Would make a decent rental, but doesn’t stand up to repeated viewings and not worth the price of admission. Could and should have been much better. Harsh but fair.[/quote]

See, I really liked “Cowboys & Aliens”. All your complaints about the film are positives in my book. I don’t particularly like likable people, and think more movies need to star gruff assholes like Jake Lonergan and Woodrow Dolarhyde.

Hannah
Salt
Columbiana
Push
The Losers
Cellular
3000 Miles To Graceland
Way Of The Gun
Boondock Saints
etc…
etc…
etc…

[/quote]

Will you watch Cowboys & Aliens again and again? It’s not on the list.

[quote]
So, if you don’t like those films then we obviously have much different tastes. I liked Conan a lot too, but I have soft spot in my heart for films that involve launching prisoners with trebuchets. [/quote]

I judge films one by one, on their own merits. Cowboys & Aliens didn’t work because it was originally conceived and written as a buddy movie with comedic overtones. Robert Downey Jr. jumped ship to do the Sherlock Holmes sequel, and for reasons unknown, they replaced him with Daniel Craig. Jon Favreau said that he re-wrote the script to accomodate Dan Craig, but it just seems as though they cut RDjr out and put Daniel Craig in the gap.

The dynamic between Robert Downey Jr. and Harrison Ford would have created a totally different movie.

The rating was too low to make it gritty enough to suit Craig, and honestly he takes himself far too seriously for a relatively high-concept movie…Cowboys and Aliens? Coool…

Poor quality trailer of the season 2 of Avengers I spotted the FF, Doom, The Vision, The Rulk and a few others, too bad they changed cap’s costume not a fan of the Ultimate line. More Avenger’s news the first trailer for the live action film will be played during Jackman’s Real Steel

For people who want to see that Windows 8 preview

[quote]Soulja874 wrote:

For people who want to see that Windows 8 preview[/quote]

Thanks. Not sure why it’s not showing up.

Anyways, also confirmed that the Win 8 Xbox Integration will mirror the 360 UI update, coming this fall.

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Bujo wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

Hannah
Salt
Columbiana
Push
The Losers
Cellular
3000 Miles To Graceland
Way Of The Gun
Boondock Saints
etc…
etc…
etc…

[/quote]

[quote]

I judge films one by one, on their own merits. Cowboys & Aliens didn’t work because it was originally conceived and written as a buddy movie with comedic overtones. Robert Downey Jr. jumped ship to do the Sherlock Holmes sequel, and for reasons unknown, they replaced him with Daniel Craig. Jon Favreau said that he re-wrote the script to accomodate Dan Craig, but it just seems as though they cut RDjr out and put Daniel Craig in the gap.

The dynamic between Robert Downey Jr. and Harrison Ford would have created a totally different movie.

The rating was too low to make it gritty enough to suit Craig, and honestly he takes himself far too seriously for a relatively high-concept movie…Cowboys and Aliens? Coool…[/quote]

I’m not a fan of buddy movies. I like Jackie Chan films that don’t involve Chris Tucker. I don’t think Robert Downey Jr. would have fit well in Cowboys & Aliens and am much happier with the idea of him making Sherlock II.

Will I watch Cowboys and Aliens again? Most likely. If it was out on DVD I’d have bought it already or put it on my Netflix que. I might have even sprung for Blu-Ray since I now have a PS3. I’ve watched Salt 4-5 times now. It’s been playing a lot on Starz. Salt and Cowboys both share the same 6.5 rating at IMDB.

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:
Looks awesome. Can switch between first person and third person at will.

Wow. That demo looks awesome. Haven’t played elder scrolls for ages. I’m very tempted to check this out when it comes out. The landscape looks amazing.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:
Looks awesome. Can switch between first person and third person at will.

Wow. That demo looks awesome. Haven’t played elder scrolls for ages. I’m very tempted to check this out when it comes out. The landscape looks amazing.
[/quote]

Xbox has managed to expand the DVDs they use from 6 to 8.5 gigs. Bethesda has made some leap which allows for more data (increased compression maybe) to be stored. Rumor being that Skyrim will fit completely on one DVD for the Xbox as opposed to 2-3 discs. Rage might be the same way but don’t know for sure.

[quote]Northcott wrote:

[quote]Bujo wrote:

Heh! That’s an awesome line. I’m stealing it.

Conan was a damned bad flick, but I still enjoyed it. Every now and again a shitty movie amuses me. For 2011, Conan was it.[/quote]

I like to think all my posts are public domain, so steal away. Impress your friends, your boss, your mom, and your girlfriend’s/wife’s hotter younger sister with impunity.

[quote]Bujo wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Bujo wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

Hannah
Salt
Columbiana
Push
The Losers
Cellular
3000 Miles To Graceland
Way Of The Gun
Boondock Saints
etc…
etc…
etc…

[/quote]

[quote]

The rating was too low to make it gritty enough to suit Craig, and honestly he takes himself far too seriously for a relatively high-concept movie…Cowboys and Aliens? Coool…[/quote]

I’m not a fan of buddy movies. I like Jackie Chan films that don’t involve Chris Tucker. I don’t think Robert Downey Jr. would have fit well in Cowboys & Aliens and am much happier with the idea of him making Sherlock II. [/quote]

He wouldn’t have fit well? They wrote the movie around him and Harrison Ford. Daniel Craig was the one who didn’t fit well. There was minimal character development in the leads; the supporting cast were the most developed; even the aliens were indistinguishable except for ‘scar’…they may as well have given him a Groucho Marx disguise…

[quote]
Will I watch Cowboys and Aliens again? Most likely. If it was out on DVD I’d have bought it already or put it on my Netflix que. I might have even sprung for Blu-Ray since I now have a PS3. [/quote]

Fine. Let the people judge for themselves…

[quote]Bujo wrote:
. Rumor being that Skyrim will fit completely on one DVD for the Xbox as opposed to 2-3 discs. Rage might be the same way but don’t know for sure.[/quote]

Well if that’s true that’ll be good news :slight_smile:

The idea of inserting one disc after another really gets on my nerves at times, lol, especially on the Xbox. I don’t have that issue with my PS3 and I didn’t mind either when I was playing games on PC (well before the DVDs). What I want to do is to insert one disc, installing the game and starts playing. That’s how impatient I can be, haha!

Bethesda is one of the best gaming companies out there so if they say they can fit the whole game in one disc, I want to believe them. However, how long the installation and loading times are going to be? Shall I keep faith?

[quote]Bujo wrote:
. Rumor being that Skyrim will fit completely on one DVD for the Xbox as opposed to 2-3 discs. Rage might be the same way but don’t know for sure.[/quote]

I would think that it would be due to using a larger medium like triple layer dvds rather than new compression tech.

I could be wrong though.