Geek S**T Generation FOUR.ZERO

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:
did you play Fallout 3 or ME2 Wol? what are some of your other favorites that you think I’d enjoy.[/quote]

Obviously not Wol, but I HIGHLY suggest playing Mass Effect 1 and 2. One will take you about 15 hours, two about the same.

Fallout 3 was amazing and there’s another one out in Oct of this year, based on the same game engine but totally different story. [/quote]

You think it’s worth getting Fallout 3 if there’s another one around the corner? ME2 is sounding like a must buy.

Fuck the both of yous. I beat Mass Effect 1 and 2. And I almost beat Fallout 3, but I traded it in near the end.

All three games are epic, buy them all.

I personally am not a huge fan of Shooter games, im all about the RPGs. Ill also say that the God of War series was fantastic. FF13 was pretty sexy too. It was a very pretty game that had some interesting factors about it.

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
I personally am not a huge fan of Shooter games, im all about the RPGs. Ill also say that the God of War series was fantastic. FF13 was pretty sexy too. It was a very pretty game that had some interesting factors about it.[/quote]

Do they make those for PC?

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Fuck the both of yous. I beat Mass Effect 1 and 2. And I almost beat Fallout 3, but I traded it in near the end.

All three games are epic, buy them all.

[/quote]

Let me buy 'em from you then, it’s a win win situation.

Killzone 3 equals 3D gaming for PS3 is about to launch.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[/quote]

According to the guys who’ve been at E3, the 3D gaming for the PS3 is actually pretty good - which isn’t suprising considering it’s Sony.

All the PS3’s will be receiving a software update to enable 3D gaming on them, but you will still need a 3D tv unfortunately - as well as the glasses.

I think the whole 3D thing is a bit of a fad personally.

Have you seen the PS Move system?

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
I personally am not a huge fan of Shooter games, im all about the RPGs. Ill also say that the God of War series was fantastic. FF13 was pretty sexy too. It was a very pretty game that had some interesting factors about it.[/quote]

Do they make those for PC?[/quote]

Unfortunately no. I honestly think the best PC games out right now, atleast for my taste, would be Assassins Creed 2. I mean ive heard good things about the new Modern warfares, the Mass effects, the Left 4 deads, etc. Just not a big fan of shooters lol.

Id probably invest in a ps3 if i were you. God of war 1 was amazing, 2 and 3 were pretty good. FF 13 was great, there are already in production of a 14, Ninja Gaiden sigma 2 was good, and you can play all the great classics of old- FF7, ff2, Chrono trigger, and an assload of other good games, since ps3 can play ps 1, 2 games- So long as you dont buy the 80gig. And i would take Chrono trigger or FF7 over any game on the market, any day of the week.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[/quote]

According to the guys who’ve been at E3, the 3D gaming for the PS3 is actually pretty good - which isn’t suprising considering it’s Sony.

All the PS3’s will be receiving a software update to enable 3D gaming on them, but you will still need a 3D tv unfortunately - as well as the glasses.

Have you seen the PS Move system?[/quote]

Piss on 3d, i hate those glasses.

On a brighter note, Nintendo is actually coming out with a hand held 3d system, no glasses necessary. The Nintendo 3DS

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
On a brighter note, Nintendo is actually coming out with a hand held 3d system, no glasses necessary. The Nintendo 3DS[/quote]

True, if you like gaming on a 5" screen.

People still constantly use Game boys, GBAs, Nintendo DSes, Sony PSPs, The DSI, the DS lite, etc. Its not the size that scares some away, its the portability that attracts them, and in all honesty, they do have some good games for these systems. I mean, why get off the crapper if i can play games like final fantasy? Mineswell just install a fridge in the bathroom, and set up a water jug. Bam, RL can eat my ass.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[/quote]

Have you seen the PS Move system?[/quote]

I heard about the PS Move but don’t know anything about it. Care to enlighten us?

New trailer for DC Universe Online. Getting tempted to buy a PS3.

PSP upgrade and new promotion.

http://nexus404.com/Blog/2010/06/15/e3-2010-no-psp-2-at-e3-rumored-psp-2-didnt-show-up-during-sony-keynote-instead-promotes-psp-with-new-campaign/

[quote]redstar144 wrote:

New trailer for DC Universe Online. Getting tempted to buy a PS3.[/quote]

It’s worth it. My PS3 is my whole entertainment center right now.

[quote]redstar144 wrote:

New trailer for DC Universe Online. Getting tempted to buy a PS3.[/quote]

It’s worth it. My PS3 is my whole entertainment center right now.[/quote]

The lure of Blu Ray, Metal Gear and God of War is strong. With this as well am I tempted. Do you think its worth getting one with a big hard drive. I would only really use it for games/blu ray so I might go for a smaller GB one.

I heard about the PS Move but don’t know anything about it. Care to enlighten us?[/quote]

You’re looking at a $99 launch price, it’s Sony’s take on a motion control system - and it’s pretty damn good compared to the Wii.

One of the games they demo it on was Tiger Woods Golf, and it gives you full control of the swing (not a pre-programmed motion like we’re used to). It’s really cool, accurate and responsive - only thing is you’ll need multiple sets for more than one player. Obviously not a problem if you can afford it, but I guess that’s why Microsoft went the the route they did (no controls at all).

Repost, but it gave me chills when I first saw it - it’s such a good series and this looks to be getting better and better.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810150180/video/20343086

Not sure what to think of this movie. Graphics are getting amazing but kinda has a lord of the rings feel…with happy feet.

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

Do they make those for PC?[/quote]

Unfortunately no. I honestly think the best PC games out right now, atleast for my taste, would be Assassins Creed 2. I mean ive heard good things about the new Modern warfares, the Mass effects, the Left 4 deads, etc. Just not a big fan of shooters lol.

Id probably invest in a ps3 if i were you. God of war 1 was amazing, 2 and 3 were pretty good. FF 13 was great, there are already in production of a 14, Ninja Gaiden sigma 2 was good, and you can play all the great classics of old- FF7, ff2, Chrono trigger, and an assload of other good games, since ps3 can play ps 1, 2 games- So long as you dont buy the 80gig. And i would take Chrono trigger or FF7 over any game on the market, any day of the week.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice, I am definitely going to grab a PS3 in the near future.