Geek S**T Generation 2.0

Friday the 13th (2009)

Yes, nearly every other movie sequel sucked ass over the last 20 years. Jason Takes Manhattan had to have been the largest piece of crap made up until that point. However, the fact that Newline Cinema now has the rights to the franchise (the ones who finally brought Freddy vs Jason to the screen) may breath new life into a dead franchise.

Paramount Pictures is who created the last few turds that helped make this character a joke. The fact that half of the Winchester Brothers from Supernatural happens to be in it is what will drive me into the theater on Friday.

Hopefully I won’t be wasting my money.

[quote]SSC wrote:
…No Dudley controllers?

:([/quote]

Dudley can suck a 3%^#^. Rose throwing $^%$#&

just a little something to add to earlier discussion of Devastor…Transformers…etc.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Friday the 13th (2009)

Yes, nearly every other movie sequel sucked ass over the last 20 years. Jason Takes Manhattan had to have been the largest piece of crap made up until that point. However, the fact that Newline Cinema now has the rights to the franchise (the ones who finally brought Freddy vs Jason to the screen) may breath new life into a dead franchise.

Paramount Pictures is who created the last few turds that helped make this character a joke. The fact that half of the Winchester Brothers from Supernatural happens to be in it is what will drive me into the theater on Friday.

Hopefully I won’t be wasting my money.[/quote]

I plan on rounding up some friends this weekend to go see that. Although, I’m not exactly expecting great cinema here, I really hope it’s not a waste of time.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
just a little something to add to earlier discussion of Devastor…Transformers…etc.[/quote]

Is that a concept for a toy or for the movie?

The fact that half of the Winchester Brothers from Supernatural happens to be in it is what will drive me into the theater on Friday.[/quote]

The other week, I went to see My Bloody Valentine in 3D (starring the other Winchester guy. The movie was so-so, the 3D was kinda neat but kinda sucked because the glasses didn’t fit right over my own glasses.)

Anyhow, they had a preview for Friday the 13th and I totally geeked out when they showed a quick clip of Jason wearing the burlap sack on his head. That kind of nod to the old school definitely gives me high hopes.

I’ll see it this weekend for sure, “even though” Jason trains with Crossfit. :wink:
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/another_celebrity_endorses_crossfit

In other promising horror news, the writer attached to the Nightmare on Elm Street remake is the same guy who wrote Wolf and the Cape Fear remake.

If we can get Billy Bob Thornton’s Freddy Kruger along the lines of James Spader’s Stewart Swinton and DeNiro’s Max Cady… just… wow.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
just a little something to add to earlier discussion of Devastor…Transformers…etc.

Is that a concept for a toy or for the movie?[/quote]

It’s for the toy.

Will be interesting if this is model for the movie. But I don’t see how this meshes with what was in teaser trailer.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:

Is that a concept for a toy or for the movie?

It’s for the toy.

Will be interesting if this is model for the movie. But I don’t see how this meshes with what was in teaser trailer.[/quote]

Yeah, it makes more sense if it’s a toy. I didn’t think that looked like what was in the trailer either. Unless in the movie, it changes even further. I’m getting geeked up for the movie again.

Speaking of Transformers 2, Michael Bay spoke with Collider.com about the movie.

The highlights:

• Transformers 2 was the first film in 30 years to shoot at the Pyramids thanks to the help of Dr.Zahi Hawass who was a fan of the first movie.
  • There are three scenes shot for IMAX release of the movie. Whether they are skyline type shots of The Dark Knight Bay didn’t say but he did say “…it’s different when you see Optimus Prime fighting in IMAX.”
  • Bay: “What I like about this movie, granted it?s bigger, but it?s not trying to be bigger just to be bigger. It’s a great adventure. The thing I like about it is the robots have much more personality. …We can really get these robots to emote. …This movie is darker.”
  • "This one is epic in scale. The first one had to establish everything. …this one you get taken on a ride…the characters get taken on a ride with these robots.
  • On movie length, around 2 hours 20 minutes but still editing so that will probably change.
  • On doing a third movie, “I can see myself doing a third. I just want to take a year off [before] doing a third. We’ll see.”

The link has video of the interview. I thought it was kind of funny when he talked about the length of the movie and said the following:

“I’m at 220, but I’m still 13 weeks in my cut.”

Sounds like Bay could almost be talking about bodybuilding instead of the movie.

Transformers on IMAX, eh? SWEET!

It also looks like the full Transformers 2 trailer will be in the previews for Friday the 13th. I guess that’s another reason to see it this weekend.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
SSC wrote:
…No Dudley controllers?

:frowning:

Dudley can suck a 3%^#^. Rose throwing $^%$#&[/quote]

Hey hey hey. Love him or hate him, I can dominate just about anything in SFAIII with that mothafucka. Except for any girls with long-ass legs. Not a good matchup.

Friday the 13th (2009)

Hopefully I won’t be wasting my money.[/quote]

Well, I’ve got to say. I’ll watch ANY terrible horror movie that’s mass-produced (except Unborn, only because of it’s Bruckheimer/Bay/whoever did it affiliation,) but this just looks bad. I don’t get all of these “re-makes,” even Rob Zombie’s Halloween. I think the best one made recently was probably The Hills Have Eyes (1).

I’ll definitely give this a shot, but I have a strong feeling that it will total and utter shit.

AND WHAT THE FUCK - They’re remaking The Last House on the Left? There’s no way they can capture the essence, exploitation, and emotional helplessness the first one did. Here’s hoping they keep ‘I Shall Spit on Your Grave’ buried forever.

[quote]SSC wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Friday the 13th (2009)

Well, I’ve got to say. I’ll watch ANY terrible horror movie that’s mass-produced (except Unborn, only because of it’s Bruckheimer/Bay/whoever did it affiliation,) but this just looks bad. I don’t get all of these “re-makes,” even Rob Zombie’s Halloween. I think the best one made recently was probably The Hills Have Eyes (1).

I’ll definitely give this a shot, but I have a strong feeling that it will total and utter shit.

AND WHAT THE FUCK - They’re remaking The Last House on the Left? There’s no way they can capture the essence, exploitation, and emotional helplessness the first one did. Here’s hoping they keep ‘I Shall Spit on Your Grave’ buried forever.[/quote]

Last House on the Left should remain the way it is…much like the Exorcist. Some movies don’t need to be remade. They symbolize the era they were made in and some of them are just basic classics at this point.

Do we really need a remake of Alien? Never. No remake could capture what the first one did. It set the stage for movies to follow. I hope they never even try it.

I consider Friday the 13th to be different because they literally let that franchise fail by releasing lesser quality sequels one after the other for over a decade. I have them all on dvd and all past the first two are barely watchable now.

I am hoping they reclaim status as a heavy hitter.

I am also looking forward to Nightmare on Elm Street.

[quote]Himora22 wrote:
This one is for Vash, they also have a Blanka and Chu-li versions as well but who cares about them.

(Not sure why this one came out smaller than the others)[/quote]

Lovely. I’m definitely getting one, as I’m going to try to make EVO this year.

SFIV is going to make me . . . well, yeah.

And there is only one Devastator.

SSC wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Friday the 13th (2009)

AND WHAT THE FUCK - They’re remaking The Last House on the Left? There’s no way they can capture the essence, exploitation, and emotional helplessness the first one did. Here’s hoping they keep ‘I Shall Spit on Your Grave’ buried forever.

Last House on the Left should remain the way it is…much like the Exorcist. Some movies don’t need to be remade. They symbolize the era they were made in and some of them are just basic classics at this point.

Do we really need a remake of Alien? Never. No remake could capture what the first one did. It set the stage for movies to follow. I hope they never even try it.

I consider Friday the 13th to be different because they literally let that franchise fail by releasing lesser quality sequels one after the other for over a decade. I have them all on dvd and all past the first two are barely watchable now.

I am hoping they reclaim status as a heavy hitter.

I am also looking forward to Nightmare on Elm Street. [/quote]

True, true points about Ft13th compared to some other franchises. Perhaps my problem is that I was always a bigger Halloween/Nightmare on Elm Street kind of guy. The first Ft13th always left a bad taste in my mouth. Come on, the fucking MOM? Of course, I saw it twenty years after it was originally made, so that could be a determining factor.

The other thing is the new Ft13th is looking a bit cliche in its scare tactics. I’m not seeing any real recognizable faces and, although it’s certainly not to be expected in the horror genre, it leaves me feeling pretty skeptical about the quality of the film. I guess I look at something like the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre, which was actually quite decent.

I know I recognized a good amount of the people from the film. Out of curiosity, did you see Rob Zombie’s Halloween? Never got around to it, but I didn’t hear too much about it.

And what’s this about Nightmare on Elm Street? New ones? Nice, they’ve always been my favorite “bad” horror series. I’d have to imagine Robert Englund is getting up there in age these days.

Quentin Tarantino’s “Inglourious Bastards” teaser trailer:
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808404206/video/11988602

From Comingsoon.net:

[i]"Opening August 21st, the film stars Brad Pitt, Diane Kruger, Melanie Laurent, Christoph Waltz, Daniel Bruhl, Eli Roth, Samm Levine, B.J. Novak, Til Schweiger, Gedeon Burkhard, Paul Rust, Michael Bacall, Omar Doom, Sylvester Groth, Julie Dreyfus, Jacky Ido, August Diehl, Martin Wuttke, Richard Sammel, Christian Berkel, Sonke Mohring, Michael Fassbender, Mike Myers, Rod Taylor, Denis Menochet, Cloris Leachman, Maggie Cheung and Samuel L. Jackson.

Inglourious Basterds begins in German-occupied France, where Shosanna Dreyfus (Laurent) witnesses the execution of her family at the hand of Nazi Colonel Hans Landa (Waltz). Shosanna narrowly escapes and flees to Paris, where she forges a new identity as the owner and operator of a cinema.

Elsewhere in Europe, Lieutenant Aldo Raine (Pitt) organizes a group of Jewish soldiers to engage in targeted acts of retribution. Known to their enemy as “The Basterds,” Raine’s squad joins German actress and undercover agent Bridget Von Hammersmark (Kruger) on a mission to take down the leaders of The Third Reich. Fates converge under a cinema marquee, where Shosanna is poised to carry out a revenge plan of her own…"[/i]

Sounds interesting.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Quentin Tarantino’s “Inglourious Bastards” teaser trailer:
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808404206/video/11988602

From Comingsoon.net:

[i]"Opening August 21st, the film stars Brad Pitt, Diane Kruger, Melanie Laurent, Christoph Waltz, Daniel Bruhl, Eli Roth, Samm Levine, B.J. Novak, Til Schweiger, Gedeon Burkhard, Paul Rust, Michael Bacall, Omar Doom, Sylvester Groth, Julie Dreyfus, Jacky Ido, August Diehl, Martin Wuttke, Richard Sammel, Christian Berkel, Sonke Mohring, Michael Fassbender, Mike Myers, Rod Taylor, Denis Menochet, Cloris Leachman, Maggie Cheung and Samuel L. Jackson.

Inglourious Basterds begins in German-occupied France, where Shosanna Dreyfus (Laurent) witnesses the execution of her family at the hand of Nazi Colonel Hans Landa (Waltz). Shosanna narrowly escapes and flees to Paris, where she forges a new identity as the owner and operator of a cinema.

Elsewhere in Europe, Lieutenant Aldo Raine (Pitt) organizes a group of Jewish soldiers to engage in targeted acts of retribution. Known to their enemy as “The Basterds,” Raine’s squad joins German actress and undercover agent Bridget Von Hammersmark (Kruger) on a mission to take down the leaders of The Third Reich. Fates converge under a cinema marquee, where Shosanna is poised to carry out a revenge plan of her own…"[/i]

Sounds interesting.[/quote]

SHI ! that looks good. Too bad on an August 09 release
:frowning: sob

Just saw Hulk vs movie. My opinions.

Hulk vs Thor: Bad ass. They didn’t give Thor enough respect though. But considering how hyped up this Hulk was, its understandable.

Hulk vs Wolverine: The title is wrong. We might as well call it “Let’s suck Wolverine’s dick”. I get tired of this constant Wolverine dick riding. And the money was obviously put into the Hulk vs Wolverine movie. Kicked ass though.

Overall: I’m gonna buy three copies. One for me, my brother, and his sons. They need to know what real cartoons are. Not that Naruto crap.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 to hit shelves this holiday season.

I wasn’t sure where to post this, but it made me giggle.

Derek Mears, the new Jason, said:

[quote]

I found out a little about what they wanted for the character – that he wasn’t going to be super, you know bulky or big, that he’s more functional. He’s still big, but he’s lean. So I started training that way and trying to do what I could just to get an audition.[/quote]

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
I wasn’t sure where to post this, but it made me giggle.

Derek Mears, the new Jason, said:

I found out a little about what they wanted for the character – that he wasn’t going to be super, you know bulky or big, that he’s more functional. He’s still big, but he’s lean. So I started training that way and trying to do what I could just to get an audition.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/02/12/mears.jason.fridaythirteenth/index.html[/quote]

Chokes on steak and passes out