Geek S**T 8.061

Batman and Robin had a script?

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Robert A wrote:

The Dead

Possibly one of the most realistic zombie movies made so far. [/quote]

Have you seen this, and if so would you give a review?

Regards,

Robert A[/quote]

Very authentic in that it focuses on the human interactions between only a couple of people. At the beginning, all I was thinking was, this is “Dawn of the Dead Part 2”. It slows down just a bit in the middle, but after watching it all of the way through, I understand their goal was to show more of a human side to what would be going on in your head if you actually had it in you to survive that long.

Spoiler:

This starts off focusing on soldiers or people who think like one. There is no “zombie housewives” story line here like on Walking Dead. You may shed a tear for the old woman who is dying…but you don’t pause to slice her head off when she changes.

Romero would be proud. These are the slow moving zombies, but the sheer numbers of them is what does you in. They don’t say it in the movie, but in the deleted scenes, they do let on that it is not a “virus” and that anyone who dies comes back, even if by natural causes.

This was blood, head shots and body parts getting chopped off in a desert with guns and real scenes that have you on edge even in the day time.

This should have been in the theaters but it lacks big names and huge CGI effects.

It does NOT lack good acting. Both main characters really pulled their weight…and they left it wide open at the end for a sequel with a different focus.

This was hard to watch at times because they do try to get you emotionally invested in the characters and what is going on.

It worked.

Watch it…even if you don’t like zombie movies.[/quote]

Thank you.

I will watch.

Regards,

Robert A

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:
Will Smith has signed on for I Am Legend 2:

He intends to reprise his role as Robert Neville in a non prequel-shaped sequel. No word yet on how they intend to revive the character after he contracted a grenade-shaped bout of terminal death in the first movie.[/quote]

Smith’s version sucked it was too much like a regular zombie film, the appeal to I Am Legend and Omega Man was the infected talk and fuck with Neville, too bad becasue Smith is a great actor he just got a shit film[/quote]

I loved Matheson’s novel. A ground-breaking take on the vampire myth reduced to an unoriginal, pedestrian story populated by mute CGI ghouls. They just about got the dog right, which is good going considering it was penned by the guy who shat on some blank A4 and handed it in as the Batman & Robin script…[/quote]

If the Will Smith Abortion would have been called something else I would have liked it. As it was it was 180 degrees from the Matheson novel. I don’t know if I blame Smith at all though.

I am trying to look at it as “inspired by”.

Regards,

Robert A

Okay have about 14 hours into this.

Worth the money for sure, think WOW (never played but one of my kids did), GOW, and skyrim combined. 3rd person RPG, that is also kind of a button masher fighting, with really good graphics.

Did you say THIRD person?

Did you say THIRD person?[/quote]

Did you play Conan?

The Dead

Buddy dropped of a copy on a flash drive and I am gonna watch it in the coming three day weekend. Will let you know how I like it. Not a big zombie movie fan but this one seems different.
I watched Splinter based on your recommendation and got a kick out of it. That one was good.

[quote]IamMarqaos wrote:

The Dead

Buddy dropped of a copy on a flash drive and I am gonna watch it in the coming three day weekend. Will let you know how I like it. Not a big zombie movie fan but this one seems different.
I watched Splinter based on your recommendation and got a kick out of it. That one was good.
[/quote]

Dude, I never realized how creepy a desert could be.

I don’t think Max got the attention he deserves for this awesomeness so here he is again ya fucks.

SOON!!!

SOONER!!!

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Did you play Conan?[/quote]

Not sure. I know I played something like Conan…but that was many Gamestop returns ago.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Not sure. I know I played something like Conan…but that was many Gamestop returns ago.[/quote]

What about God of War?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Not sure. I know I played something like Conan…but that was many Gamestop returns ago.[/quote]

What about God of War?[/quote]

Dude…seriously?

You question my Kratos loyalty?

Iz you crazy?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

What about God of War?[/quote]

Dude…seriously?

You question my Kratos loyalty?

Iz you crazy?[/quote]

Lol, Batman and Assassins Creed I knew you loved, forgot about Kratos.

Okay a lot of the fight engine is like GOW, this visually is much brighter though. There are a ton of different “bad guys” and monsters. Plus you level up, multiple weapons, enchantment etc. This is a scify Geek like myself dream game.

Shall buy then.

I dont believe it has online campaign etc. I never get games for that really.

[quote]IamMarqaos wrote:

The Dead

[/quote]

Dude, I never realized how creepy a desert could be.[/quote]

Watched it last night. I myself wouldnt call it the best zombie movie(28 days later takes the spot still) but its a top 5. I did like the setting and the plot but it could be expanded to give more info onto what exactly is going on and how its affecting the rest of the population on a larger scale.

I would consider the Dawn of the dead remake the best, not 28 Days Later. The Dead is near the top of the list. I would probably rate it under the first Resident Evil as far as “the best” goes.

just curious x, have you seen dead snow? and if so what did you think of it?