Geek S**T 10^n^(e^(i*pi)+1)

I’m not sure if hearing all this is actually helping me through grant writing or making it worse. Oh well, keep it coming. Haha

Glad to hear the game’s entertaining. Is base building all it’s cracked up to be or does power suit construction supplant it?

[quote]Fishdog70 wrote:
I’m not sure if hearing all this is actually helping me through grant writing or making it worse. Oh well, keep it coming. Haha

Glad to hear the game’s entertaining. Is base building all it’s cracked up to be or does power suit construction supplant it?[/quote]

You could spend weeks just building bases.

My hangar:

My future tank battalion:

Not bad, not bad at all.

Tried to play some last night but everyone in the world wanted to text, IM and call me lol.

Anybody finish the game? What is the next big game?

I’m looking forward to The Division.

1 Like

The Division for sure. I think no man’s sky looks really cool as does the game where you hunt the robot dinosaurs (can’t remember the name). I’m looking forward to the PS4 VR set the most though.

Working slowly through Fallout 4 (melee is hard). Got the new Starcraft up next and Mad Max after that.

It’s funny you mention that fishdog70, because I felt like the first half of 2015 had AAA titles few and far between, and then August/September it was a fury of them. I am still on MGSV, need to finish The Witcher 3, try Mad Max, have not even bought FO4… Where has the time gone!?

Did anyone play the Division closed beta? Anyone planning to play the open beta next weekend?

I played the closed beta for a few hours. It was neat. I had mixed feelings about the multiplayer, though. It’s going to be a troll fest, but might be fun. It’s hard to tell really.

1 Like

I played the closed alpha and beta. I really enjoyed what I’ve played so far. The Dark Zone is a ton of fun when you have a group. It’s not the best when you’re by yourself but it’s still intense. I love the setting and the environment and can’t wait for the full release.

Started playing The Division yesterday, but only for a few hours. I’m looking forward to playing it a lot this weekend.

Doom looks sick

The new Unreal Tournament footage looks great as well:

With Doom, UT, Overwatch, Battleborn, and Paragon, 2016 is going to be a fantastic year for FPS fans.

Ya, absolutely, I’ve been eyeballing Battleborn a lot. May is gonna be a good month for gaming.

Unreal looks really good too. I use to love playing it back in the day.

I’m really looking forward to No Man’s Sky in June.

What’s the deal with Paragon? It looks amazing, but I don’t get what exactly it is.

It’s basically a MOBA (League of Legends, DOTA, Smite) from an FPS perspective. Each map has two opposite bases, several layers of automated defenses, and waves of grunts that spawn at each base and attack the other. Each character on a five man team has several special abilities (offensive, defensive, stealth, ect.), and you have to work together to take down the opposing base. It looks interesting, but I’m not sure MOBAs and FPSs will blend well.

I can’t fricking wait for UT. I played that game all through college.

In other random gaming news, apparently they’re making a Borderlands movie:

Well, this article pretty much sold me on the Vive virtual reality headset. I was on the fence between it and the Oculus Rift for a really long time. Oculus has John Carmack of Doom fame working on it, so quality is going to be high. However, the Vive is made by Valve who’s gaming pedigree is top notch. In the end, the included motion controllers and room sensors of the Vive make it the superior VR gaming rig. It’s a bit more cumbersome (heavier weight headset and cords), but I think the movement in a VR environment will be more than enough to counter those negatives.

Now I just need to find the necessary $800 to buy it.

I’ll definitely have to read the article. I am planning on getting the Sony one, but only because I have a PS4.