Geek S**T 10^n^(e^(i*pi)+1)

awesome

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
I still canā€™t believe that these three japanese pearls do now have something more in common than being pipe-smoke:
Shenmue 3
Final Fantasy reboot
the Last Fucking Guardian

Wait, Iā€™m not even big on FF or Shenmue!
Apart from the cuddly dogriffoncat, these two rather remind us that japanese gaming is still in deep trouble.
Or more realistically, itā€™s a sign that the rising sun is not reaching creative heights anymore.

-ā€œTiger-san, weā€™re out of idea, why dont we just focus on shitty smartphone sukiyaki? What do roundeyes want?!ā€
-ā€œJust give them old kuso, they love itā€
-ā€œHai! Toratora!ā€

@Witcher Controls
I would say the controls donā€™t have to be ā€œtightā€. (actually thatā€™s what I always say)
They just have to be workable in the mechanical context.
It takes time to get used to Marioā€™s leaps who is objectivly a far untighter ā€œjumpmanā€ than many of his thousands of imitators.
But itā€™s still better designed controls because the learning curve and balancing is appropriate.[/quote]

This is an interesting point of view, from what ive seen the response to Japanese gaming and Square-Enix in particular has been overwhelmingly positive as of late

Shenmu 3 has gone on to be one of the fastest funded kickstarter campaigns ever, and created almost as much fervor as the FFVII remake announcement.

Final Fantasy VII remake will certainly be one of the all-time most anticipated releases ever.

In general, everyone has been impressed with the FFXV demo, including myself.

The Last Guardian is one of the most hotly anticipated current gen releases so far, mostly due to the reputation set by Ico and Shadow of The Colossus.

Star Ocean 5 has also created quite a stir.

All in all there is a LOT to look forward to for fans of JRPG and Japanese games in general.

I want to be excited about Battlefront but honestly i really enjoyed the single player content in the first 2 games and from what im seeing/hearing this new installment is going to be almost all multiplayer.

I enjoy multiplayer shooters every now and then but i shy away from games that are exclusively multiplayer, they usually take way more time than i have to get ā€œgoodā€ at.

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:
I want to be excited about Battlefront but honestly i really enjoyed the single player content in the first 2 games and from what im seeing/hearing this new installment is going to be almost all multiplayer.

I enjoy multiplayer shooters every now and then but i shy away from games that are exclusively multiplayer, they usually take way more time than i have to get ā€œgoodā€ at. [/quote]

You see the survival mode video? Doesnā€™t seem to be multiplayer

No Manā€™s Sky is really intriguing.

Played about 2 hours of Bloodbourne on Saturday. Itā€™s definitely, imo, an upgrade over the Soulsā€™ games. I fucking hated it though. Too much death and not enough fun.

Gamefly just shipped me the new Batman. Iā€™m freaking stoked to play it!

[quote]wiggyadam wrote:

I enjoy multiplayer shooters every now and then but i shy away from games that are exclusively multiplayer, they usually take way more time than i have to get ā€œgoodā€ at. [/quote]

You see the survival mode video? Doesnā€™t seem to be multiplayer

Yes i did but from what i understand that is the only form of single player, which is very disappointing. I was hoping for a campaign at least.

Iā€™m surprised thereā€™s no campaign. I canā€™t think of another DICE game that doesnā€™t have one.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Played about 2 hours of Bloodbourne on Saturday. Itā€™s definitely, imo, an upgrade over the Soulsā€™ games. I fucking hated it though. Too much death and not enough fun.

Gamefly just shipped me the new Batman. Iā€™m freaking stoked to play it![/quote]
What do you think of the new Batman? Iā€™ve only played it a little bit so far, but it feels really heavy on the batmobile so far. I feel like it takes away from the gliding through the city and exploring.

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Gamefly just shipped me the new Batman. Iā€™m freaking stoked to play it![/quote]
What do you think of the new Batman? Iā€™ve only played it a little bit so far, but it feels really heavy on the batmobile so far. I feel like it takes away from the gliding through the city and exploring. [/quote]

How does that influence the gameplay experience in your opinion?

The other Arkham games didnt appeal to me at all, i was thinking of making this my first foray but then i read gamespotā€™s review and they basically said they really didnt like how the Batmobile is constantly forced on the player.

It made me think of Assassinā€™s Creed Black Flag, which was a great entry but somewhat ruined by the heavy emphasis on the sailing, which i really didnt enjoy.

So now im a bit turned off of this new Batman game as well.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

What do you think of the new Batman? Iā€™ve only played it a little bit so far, but it feels really heavy on the batmobile so far. I feel like it takes away from the gliding through the city and exploring. [/quote]

I havenā€™t played it yet :frowning:

Iā€™ve read the batmobile doesnā€™t fit all that well with the series (You can run people over I guess?) I figure Iā€™ll still spend a lot of time traveling on foot like on the other games.

Iā€™ll hopefully have a chance to play it on Sunday.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

The other Arkham games didnt appeal to me at all, i was thinking of making this my first foray but then i read gamespotā€™s review and they basically said they really didnt like how the Batmobile is constantly forced on the player.

It made me think of Assassinā€™s Creed Black Flag, which was a great entry but somewhat ruined by the heavy emphasis on the sailing, which i really didnt enjoy.

[/quote]

From what Iā€™ve read you probably donā€™t want this to be the first Batman game you play (of the series). I wouldnā€™t pick Arkham Origins either (I liked it, but it was a little different (different developer)).

My favorite is still Arkham Asylum. It worked well as a more linear game.

(Black Flag is my favorite AC though soā€¦)

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[/quote]
To me it affects the gameplay so far because in the first two games you climbed buildings and glided through the city or the asylum. You could always do it with detective mode on so you could see where all the enemies are and decide if you want to drop down and pick a fight.

One of the first side missions in Arkham Knight is you are supposed to rescue firefighters who are being held hostage by thugs. They are scattered around the city and you canā€™t find them while you are in the batmobile. The only way to find them is to get on top of buildings and listen and intercept the conversations going on down below.

There has also been a Riddler side mission already and all you had to do was drive the batmobile through the race track where walls moved and you had to change the way you went. It really wasnā€™t much of a riddle at all. The other games, especially Arkham City had real riddles that took some thought to figure them out. You know, a little critical thinking.

Iā€™m not going to judge too much right now from only playing for 3 hours or so, but so far I think it is just ok. In hindsight I would have waited for the game to drop price before buying it.

I just couldnā€™t resist and played Batman for about 2 hours. Dude, awesome. Controls are as crisp as ever and of course you can never get enough of the lore.

Thereā€™s definitely an early emphasis on the batmobile, but Iā€™ve been loving the hell out of driving it around crushing everything in sight. Itā€™s a nice new addition to the core gameplay imo. Controls are a little weird, but not terrible.

Lexus creates a real, rideable hoverboard.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
I just couldnā€™t resist and played Batman for about 2 hours. Dude, awesome. Controls are as crisp as ever and of course you can never get enough of the lore.

Thereā€™s definitely an early emphasis on the batmobile, but Iā€™ve been loving the hell out of driving it around crushing everything in sight. Itā€™s a nice new addition to the core gameplay imo. Controls are a little weird, but not terrible. [/quote]
Yeah the fighting is as good as it was. That is what i enjoy doing. That and sneaking up on enemies.

I played a few more hours today and there is less emphasis on the batmobile. The story seems to be pretty kick ass so far.

Iā€™ve probably played 10 or so hours of Batman Arkham Knight at this point and Iā€™ve gotta say, I fucking love it. Itā€™s quickly becoming my favorite of the series.

PS4 version

Yeah, Iā€™ll probably pick up Batman once they fix the PC version. It was so broken on release, the publisher has actually stopped physical sales of the game (Steam pulled it on the first day).

[quote]Fishdog70 wrote:
Yeah, Iā€™ll probably pick up Batman once they fix the PC version. It was so broken on release, the publisher has actually stopped physical sales of the game (Steam pulled it on the first day). [/quote]

Ya, I heard it was pretty bad.