Geek S**T 10^n^(e^(i*pi)+1)

Im in the minority here in that im loving the Witcher so far. But it definitely is growing on me the more time i put into it. At about a dozen hours and i am just now really getting “hooked.”

I will say the movement and combat annoyed me at first but once you level up a bit, become more familiar with the deep combat options and get a feel for the way the game plays, its really pretty fun for the most part. Difficult to learn, even harder to master would be the way to describe it.

So far this game has pretty much proven to be everything i wanted that Dragon Age didnt deliver. Its a contender for my favorite current gen game already. Every quest, no matter how minor, offers something unexpected and interesting, and the care and attention to detail that has gone into this game is astounding. It makes Skyrim feel small, and makes Dragon Age feel like decidedly last gen in comparison.

God i hope this is true. I have played through this trilogy a few times on PS3 and would love a remaster. The games still hold up beautifully to this day, especially Uncharted 2 and 3.

With GoW3 remastered coming out in July, all i need is this and a remastered Mass Effect trilogy and ill be set on all my remasters.

The Witcher 3 is a great game, however the controls, specifically the handling of Geralt, the horse, interacting with objects and ALWAYS having to push buttons more than once before they respond is extremely irritating.

As an example, if I’m on the horse, I ALWAYS have to hit O twice before he gets off. Little things like that piss me off, reduce immersion and just general irritate me. It just seems like in all actions there’s a lag between hitting the button and it being processed by the game.

If the movement and responsiveness was the same as Bloodborne, I would be giving it a 9.5 right now. It doesn’t get a 10 because the visuals aren’t up to par with other games, like the aforementioned.

You’re the first person I’ve heard that didn’t think the game looked fantastic.

You guys are missing out, this game is totally worth grinding through the frustrating bits. It’s fuckin phenomenal. The first couple patches have helped a great deal as well.

People forget that Skyrim was 10x more busted when it released.

Did you play blood borne at all? Perhaps I was spoiled by that games visuals.

No i didnt. Wasnt a big fan of the Souls games so i decided against shelling out 60 bucks for Bloodborne, even though it did interest me.

If you compare the Witcher 3 to a game like Dragon Age Inquisition, its pretty incredible i think. The world is so much bigger, so much more detailed and filled with so much more meaningful “stuff.” the fact that it looks as good as it does is amazing IMO

Don’t get me wrong; I’m still playing it and enjoying it. I’m currently a level 27. I just don’t think it deserved close to 10 ratings. If the controls were tight and the visuals were on par with bloodborne I would give it a 10. If you ever play any bloodborne I think you may agree as far as how tight the controls are and how crisp the visuals look too. The witcher 3 does look leaps and bounds better than DA inq, without question, although the frame rate drop sometimes bugs me.

I haven’t had a whole lot of time lately to play, but I put Elder Scrolls Online in over the weekend. It plays just like Skyrim and has last gen visuals (that doesn’t bother me, but I know some people care a lot about the graphics). It’s pretty buggy though and I’ve had to re-set my Xbox twice because of a glitch (There was 15g day 1 patch too). It’s been kind of disappointing so far, but I haven’t really gotten into it yet.

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:
Don’t get me wrong; I’m still playing it and enjoying it. I’m currently a level 27. I just don’t think it deserved close to 10 ratings. If the controls were tight and the visuals were on par with bloodborne I would give it a 10. If you ever play any bloodborne I think you may agree as far as how tight the controls are and how crisp the visuals look too. The witcher 3 does look leaps and bounds better than DA inq, without question, although the frame rate drop sometimes bugs me.[/quote]

You’re farther along than I am then. Only level 20 here. I don’t have nearly as much time as I’d like to dedicate to this game

Well I still can’t fucking believe it but Sony announced at their E3 press conference that Final Fantasy VII is officially being remade. All they offered was a teaser cinematic but it’s all I need for now.

Always sort of expect it when E3 comes around but honestly never really believe to see it actually happen but here it is. It’s literally a dream come true for me. Hoping square enix has more info tomorrow.

Also Fallout 4 looks extremely promising. Im sure I’ll lose more time to it than any other game this generation. Really like the base building and weapons customization.

New Uncharted game play looks mind blowingly awesome as well. So much to be excited about

Fall Out 4 looks so awesome! I can’t wait. I’m also pretty stoked about Star Wars Battlefront. I loved the originals and I’ve always liked DICE so I expect some big things.

I know most people don’t care…, but the next Destiny expansion looks pretty cool too.

I’m excited to get more details on Morpheus too. I really think it’s going to be awesome.

I still can’t believe that these three japanese pearls do now have something more in common than being pipe-smoke:
Shenmue 3
Final Fantasy reboot
the Last Fucking Guardian

Wait, I’m not even big on FF or Shenmue!
Apart from the cuddly dogriffoncat, these two rather remind us that japanese gaming is still in deep trouble.
Or more realistically, it’s a sign that the rising sun is not reaching creative heights anymore.

-“Tiger-san, we’re out of idea, why dont we just focus on shitty smartphone sukiyaki? What do roundeyes want?!”
-“Just give them old kuso, they love it”
-“Hai! Toratora!”

@Witcher Controls
I would say the controls don’t have to be “tight”. (actually that’s what I always say)
They just have to be workable in the mechanical context.
It takes time to get used to Mario’s leaps who is objectivly a far untighter “jumpman” than many of his thousands of imitators.
But it’s still better designed controls because the learning curve and balancing is appropriate.

Disney does produce detestable kitsch, but if you don’t like this, you must be a moleman:

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
Disney does produce detestable kitsch, but if you don’t like this, you must be a moleman:

[/quote]

It looks interesting and there seems to be some hype around it. From what they showed it doesn’t make me want to play the game because I have no idea what it is really about from the little gameplay they showed.

This game caught my eye and looks pretty cool.

^That looks crazy cool

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
^That looks crazy cool[/quote]
Yes it does, but is she “hunting” to kill or do something with the kill.

Fucking Dinobots are crazy.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
^That looks crazy cool[/quote]
Yes it does, but is she “hunting” to kill or do something with the kill.

Fucking Dinobots are crazy. [/quote]

That’s the first I’ve seen this game. I’ll have to look into it now.

It’s made by the folks that did the Killzone franchise.