Geek S**T 10^n^(e^(i*pi)+1)

Customer service, mortals…

Haha, I hope that was real because that was good.

is anyone playing Witcher III yet?

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:
is anyone playing Witcher III yet?[/quote]

It’s sitting on my coffee table just staring me right in the face… I’ll be able to play it for a few hours tomorrow.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:

It’s sitting on my coffee table just staring me right in the face… I’ll be able to play it for a few hours tomorrow. [/quote]
Wait its out now? And I am off today. :confused:

Are the Gods trying to tell me something?

Am I going insane?

Is this the day that it all ends?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:

It’s sitting on my coffee table just staring me right in the face… I’ll be able to play it for a few hours tomorrow. [/quote]

Am I going insane?

Is this the day that it all ends? [/quote]

OMG IT CAME OUT ON TUESDAY. GET IN YOU CAR RIGHT NOW!!

Seriously, I’ve heard nothing but great things about it.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:

Am I going insane?

Seriously, I’ve heard nothing but great things about it. [/quote]
lol, I have to get some work done first. Then finish clothes and then start working on all the camping gear for tomorrow.

THEN I will go get it

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:

Am I going insane?

lol, I have to get some work done first. Then finish clothes and then start working on all the camping gear for tomorrow.

THEN I will go get it [/quote]

You’re going camping tomorrow, maybe you should’t get it…

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:

Am I going insane?

You’re going camping tomorrow, maybe you should’t get it…[/quote]
I am going to float the guadalupe river and drink beer and eat.

No worries, I will not think about the game once.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:

Am I going insane?

You’re going camping tomorrow, maybe you should’t get it…[/quote]
I am going to float the guadalupe river and drink beer and eat.

No worries, I will not think about the game once. [/quote]

Sounds like a blast!

Awful

My thoughts with my limited experiences with Witcher 3 so far (less 5 hours gameplay):

Pro’s:

-ZERO loading screens once the game loads, unless you fast travel or die.

-HUGE world. Dwarfs Skyrim.

-Handcrafted story, side missions/side stories, geography, villages, caves, dungeons etc.

-Impressive “up close” visuals, specifically facial animations

-Fantastic voice acting (one of the main characters in the main mission is voiced by Tywin Lannister from Game of Thrones).

-Deep upgrade system applying to character abilities, weapons and armor

-Great crafting system for weapons, armor and potions

Con’s:
-I sometimes feel inundated by missions, i.e. I’m on my way to complete a mission, I see a man in an interesting new area with a marker indicating another mission who may be offering an interesting side story, that I’d like to stop and investigate. I can either stop and interrupt finishing my mission or I can complete my existing mission and return to him. The problem is the world is so huge, I’m rarely confident I can find my way back. I suppose that I could set a marker on my map to return, but usually the existing quest will go down another rabbit hole and continue down it’s own path and being the completionist that I am, I don’t like leaving any loose ends and want to tie off the side story I’ve been working on. I never thought I’d complain about too many story lines and missions, but at times it feels overwhelming I guess. I’m still not sure if this is a bad thing, but wanted to throw it in there.

-Unimpressed by overall graphics and visuals, especially when compared to Bloodborne which was so beautifully sharp and detailed. When the screen is “busy” or has a lot going on, there is an obvious drop in frames and some screen tearing. This can make combat problematic at times and reduce total immersion if I’m simply riding my horse through a forest at high speed.

-The Camera during combat occasionally blocks your view, i.e. a hut, bush or a tree prevents me from seeing Geralt (the witcher you play) and the combatants.

-Locking on/centering the camera on objects to interact with (doors to open, corpses to search etc) is MUCH harder than it should be. If you get too close or don’t have the right angle, you lose the option to search an interact-able object. I find that I have to back up or circle around just to get the best orientation/distance so you can select it. Annoying.

-Geralt “handles” like an 84 crown victoria with 2 flat tires. Not to reference Bloodborne again, but the movement in that game was so tight and flawless. I always felt like I was in control of all the movement. Geralt when just walking or running around feels unresponsive and unnatural, often getting stuck on objects and doing things I don’t feel like I commanded him to do. The block function, attack function and sign casting function also feels sluggish.

It’s still a fantastic game so far, but unless the main story (which I haven’t tapped yet) is mind boggling, the 9.8-10 scores it’s been receiving is too high in my opinion.

So far I would give it an 8.5.

^
Ya, it’s a pretty good game, but the Witcher III just hasn’t captured my attention like other open world (RPG’s I guess) like Skyrim or Fall Out have. I probably played 6+ hours over the weekend and it’s just not that fun, imo.

My biggest gripe is the combat system and camera. It’s a little too complicated for my liking and the camera is okay at best. I’ve also noticed that the prompts are finicky. You go to pick a herb and (this is minor) it takes an extra second or two because you don’t have the right camera angle or whatever and the x (PS4) disappears. When you’re looting dead badies and deal with it over and over again it’s just a nuisance. The mechanics just don’t feel polished I guess.

I do love that there are a ton of side quests though and the story and voice acting are strong suits. It’s also early on so it could get better.

I’d give it an 8 so far.

Y’all saved me $60. Those minor gripes are things that drive me crazy in games.

[quote]doogie wrote:
Y’all saved me $60. Those minor gripes are things that drive me crazy in games.[/quote]
yea I told you that you and the boy can borrow the game when you have time to play.

It will kill some time, plus you can ride a horse and knock the fuck out of people with it.

[quote]doogie wrote:
Y’all saved me $60. Those minor gripes are things that drive me crazy in games.[/quote]

Ya, I feel like I have to replay the tutorial every time I turn it on and I ultimately just hit square repeatedly anyway, lol.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]doogie wrote:

Ya, I feel like I have to replay the tutorial every time I turn it on and I ultimately just hit square repeatedly anyway, lol.[/quote]
I traded in a few games so it only cost me $14 so meh no biggie.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]doogie wrote:

Ya, I feel like I have to replay the tutorial every time I turn it on and I ultimately just hit square repeatedly anyway, lol.[/quote]
I traded in a few games so it only cost me $14 so meh no biggie.[/quote]

It’s not a bad game, don’t get me wrong.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]doogie wrote:
yea I told you that you and the boy can borrow the game when you have time to play.

It will kill some time, plus you can ride a horse and knock the fuck out of people with it. [/quote]

The boy will be taking the PS4 to Indiana in a week and a half. I plan to read this summer.

[quote]doogie wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]doogie wrote:

It will kill some time, plus you can ride a horse and knock the fuck out of people with it. [/quote]

The boy will be taking the PS4 to Indiana in a week and a half. I plan to read this summer.[/quote]
True and start finding some HOES