Geek S**T 10^n^(e^(i*pi)+1)

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:
God of War III remaster for PS4 was announced today. Releasing July 14 @ 39.99. Definitely going to scoop that up, the original for PS3 was one of the top 5 best looking games of last generation. [/quote]

Is it just remastered or is there additional content? $40 seems kinda hefty for a graphics upgrade.[/quote]

Looks to be a remaster, havent heard anything about additional content.

Gamers paid 40 bucks for the 2 hour MGS5 demo, and $60 bucks for TLOU graphics upgrade, 40 seems pretty fair to me.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

God of War III remaster for PS4 was announced today. Releasing July 14 @ 39.99. Definitely going to scoop that up, the original for PS3 was one of the top 5 best looking games of last generation. [/quote]

Is it just remastered or is there additional content? $40 seems kinda hefty for a graphics upgrade.[/quote]

Gamers paid 40 bucks for the 2 hour MGS5 demo, and $60 bucks for TLOU graphics upgrade, 40 seems pretty fair to me.[/quote]
Most Iā€™d pay would be 20 bucks for it since I still have my ps3 and the game.

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Gamers paid 40 bucks for the 2 hour MGS5 demo, and $60 bucks for TLOU graphics upgrade, 40 seems pretty fair to me.[/quote]
Most Iā€™d pay would be 20 bucks for it since I still have my ps3 and the game.[/quote]

Ya. I know some gamerā€™s will pay that audiogarden1, which is fine. I wonā€™t though. $20 sounds reasonable for the graphic upgrade. Are they even going to incorporate the touch pad?

That MGS5 situation was fucked up and I know a handful of people that were completely turned off MGS because of it.

Jumped back into GTA Online last night. That game is still a lot of fun to play and especially to horse around in. I just upgraded to the Xbox One versions and I donā€™t really see a graphical difference (Itā€™s been over a year since I played it on 360 though). Iā€™ll hopefully be able to try a heist tonight, which is basically Rocksteadyā€™s version of a raid.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Jumped back into GTA Online last night. That game is still a lot of fun to play and especially to horse around in. I just upgraded to the Xbox One versions and I donā€™t really see a graphical difference (Itā€™s been over a year since I played it on 360 though). Iā€™ll hopefully be able to try a heist tonight, which is basically Rocksteadyā€™s version of a raid. [/quote]

GTA online graphics were pretty dumbed down compared to the single player, iā€™d imagine the difference isnt that apparent.

The single player graphics are a remarkable upgrade from last gen to current gen though. It looks like it was built for the current gen, at least on PS4. Cant speak for Xbone

Bloodborne review embargo just lifted. Currently averaging a 93 on metacritic out of 23 reviews, with not a single mixed or negative review recorded yet.

Unforunately i wont be enjoying this for another month or so as i want to beat Final Fantasy type-0 before i begin this, as im sure Bloodborne require over 50 hours for a single playthrough based on what ive read.

Due to the game shortage ive experienced i decided to pick up bloodborne because of the reviews and gameplay vids ive seen despite not really enjoying demon/dark souls series; although i did appreciate their design and intention.

Bloodborne is exactly what I wanted itā€™s predecessors to be. It looks fantastic and is extremely immersive. The combat and movement is much tighter and slightly faster than d souls as well which was one of my issues. I didnt feel like i had control of my character and often felt cheapishly killed.

Im only a couple of hours in and still on the first level. Will update if my opinion changes.

I finally got my hands on a full copy of Evolve. They made a few small tweaks since the beta, but the game is still phenomenal. The matchmaking for multiplayer works extremely well to pair you with people at a similar skill level. I still havenā€™t tried all the game modes, but the basic hunt is tons of fun. The AI leaves a bit to be desired sometimes, but usually the bots will be replaced with players before the end of a match. It runs alright on my four year old PC, but I imagine the graphics are insane on newer tech.

Definitely interested in hearing more about BloodBorne Davinci.v2. I had similar misgivings about Demon / Dark Souls.

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:
Due to the game shortage ive experienced i decided to pick up bloodborne because of the reviews and gameplay vids ive seen despite not really enjoying demon/dark souls series; although i did appreciate their design and intention.

Bloodborne is exactly what I wanted itā€™s predecessors to be. It looks fantastic and is extremely immersive. The combat and movement is much tighter and slightly faster than d souls as well which was one of my issues. I didnt feel like i had control of my character and often felt cheapishly killed.

Im only a couple of hours in and still on the first level. Will update if my opinion changes.[/quote]

Was wondering when someone here would chime in, i figured someone would buy it at or near launch.

I enjoyed Demonā€™s Souls but it took me a while to get into it and even though i put about 50 hours into my playthrough, i never felt compelled to actually finish the game.

I bought Dark Souls thinking it would be better and stopped playing after about 5 hours. Didnt bother with Dark Souls II.

However the more i saw/see of Bloodborne, the more and more im convinced that it will have all of the things i liked about the Souls games and none of the things that i disliked. The more aggressive/agile combat system is right up my alley. Aggregate reviews for Bloodborne have also been higher than all the Souls games.

Hopefully i can avoid any spoilers as FF Type-0 is looking to be pretty massive so i think it will be at least a month before i start toying with Bloodborne.

Would you consider Bloodborne to be a pretty scary game? I keep reading how terrifying it is, watching the videos doesnt really suggest it though. Maybe its one of those things that you dont experience unless you are actually playing.

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:

Im only a couple of hours in and still on the first level. Will update if my opinion changes.[/quote]

Was wondering when someone here would chime in, i figured someone would buy it at or near launch.

I enjoyed Demonā€™s Souls but it took me a while to get into it and even though i put about 50 hours into my playthrough, i never felt compelled to actually finish the game.

I bought Dark Souls thinking it would be better and stopped playing after about 5 hours. Didnt bother with Dark Souls II.

However the more i saw/see of Bloodborne, the more and more im convinced that it will have all of the things i liked about the Souls games and none of the things that i disliked. The more aggressive/agile combat system is right up my alley. Aggregate reviews for Bloodborne have also been higher than all the Souls games.

Hopefully i can avoid any spoilers as FF Type-0 is looking to be pretty massive so i think it will be at least a month before i start toying with Bloodborne.

Would you consider Bloodborne to be a pretty scary game? I keep reading how terrifying it is, watching the videos doesnt really suggest it though. Maybe its one of those things that you dont experience unless you are actually playing. [/quote]

I consider the evil within ā€œscaryā€'. Bloodborne is unsettling and tense with startling moments bordering on scary because all enemies are a threat if not taken seriously and approached with caution and tact. On top of that, the visuals and animations of the enemies are fantastic and so detailed in a horrific sense.

Bloodborne is really shaping into a great game. I have emphasize what an improvement the controls are over d souls. Theyre so much more responsive and sharper.

Everytime you kill a monster you earn blood echoes which you can spend on upgrading your weapons, character stats or purchasing new gear and items. Similar to s douls, when you die, they remain on the ground or worse yet a monster will pick them up and you then have to find and kill them to retrieve them. If you die again before retrieving them, theyā€™re gone forever.

I died right around 6 times fighting the same boss which accumulated to around 60,000 blood echoes which was the difference between me bing a level 19 and level 32.

Everytime I tried the boss again however, I had less and less supplies and no blood echoes to purchase more with. Thankfully theres a ā€œbeckoning bellā€ which you can use to summon other players to help. With one other person helping me we died three more times. It took 3 people total to finally kill the boss.

The part that was surprising is the deaths rarely feel cheap or unwarranted. So far its really a much better game than d souls once you understand the controls and how to interact with the items you find.

This is the boss that took 3 hunters to kill

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:
This is the boss that took 3 hunters to kill

http://assets1.ignimgs.com/thumbs/userUploaded/2015/3/25/BB_BloodStarvedBeast1-1427310182644_1280w.jpg[/quote]

Looks like a real assholeā€¦

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-could-be-200-hours-long/1100-6426306/[/quote]

Saw this the other day, i loved The Witcher 2 so im really pumped for this.

In light of The Witcherā€™s enormous length, Bloodborne may be put off for quite a while. By the time im done with FF Type-0 Witcher III will be coming out, and ill be on that for quite some time.

Iā€™m going to start boycotting games that donā€™t offer at least 20 hours of game play in some capacity or another at a $59.99 price tag.

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:
Iā€™m going to start boycotting games that donā€™t offer at least 20 hours of game play in some capacity or another at a $59.99 price tag.[/quote]

sub-20 hour single player games are acceptable if they are replayable, even if the story is the same every time. At least in my humble opinion.

Uncharted 2 and 3 specifically come to mind, also GoW III. All of those are games i had no problem shelling out full price for.

Agreed. Thatā€™s why I included ā€œin some capacityā€. There either has to be good multiplayer or replay value.

IGN posted a video of the first 15 minutes of gameplay of The Witcher III. Normally i would avoid such things pre-release but since the game is rumored to be in the hundreds of hours, i figure how much harm could 15 minutes really do?

Spoiler alert it looks freaking awesome.

The coolest thing in the gameplay video is when he is fighting human bandits and it focuses in on him slicing limbs from their bodies. Glorious