Geek S**T 10^n^(e^(i*pi)+1)

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:
Not sure if anyones particularly interested but finished the FFXV demo today, my playthrough was 3 hours so its pretty robust.

Spoiler

Summoning Ramuh in FFXV is the coolest thing ive ever seen in a videogame. My jaw dropped. If this is what the first Summon in the game looks like i cant imaging how epic the later summons like Bahamut will be.

Overall this demo has put to rest all my fears about the Final Fantasy series and its direction, and this is easily my most anticipated game right now. Hopefully they optimize it to get it to 1080p 30 FPS and add some AF and AA to smooth out distant objects/textures.

Crossing my fingers that somehow this sees release by holiday season of this year[/quote]

The demo took three hours to beat? That alone is pretty intriguing to me because it means the game itself will be more then the five hour campaigns common today.
[/quote]

The demo alone offers more exploration than all of FFXIII.

I had read online that some people would be able to finish it in an hour but that must have been really rushing things. At a leisurely pace, and not even completing every sidequest/exploring every area, it took me 3 hours. I could have milked it for a fourth but i was eager to see how the big boss fight would play out.

Its one of the few rare demos that i actually anticipate i will go back and playthrough again because it took a while to get a handle on all the gameplay mechanics offered.

Not sure if anyones particularly interested but finished the FFXV demo today, my playthrough was 3 hours so its pretty robust.

Spoiler

Summoning Ramuh in FFXV is the coolest thing ive ever seen in a videogame. My jaw dropped. If this is what the first Summon in the game looks like i cant imaging how epic the later summons like Bahamut will be.

Overall this demo has put to rest all my fears about the Final Fantasy series and its direction, and this is easily my most anticipated game right now. Hopefully they optimize it to get it to 1080p 30 FPS and add some AF and AA to smooth out distant objects/textures.

Crossing my fingers that somehow this sees release by holiday season of this year[/quote]

Looks like I am finally going to get a next gen system.

coolest fucking summon ever

I donā€™t get Final Fantasy FFXV, what is it? An action RPG or what? Can you compare it to anything else?

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
I donā€™t get Final Fantasy FFXV, what is it? An action RPG or what? Can you compare it to anything else? [/quote]

Yeah it is an action RPG

I have heard people compare it to Kingdom Hearts, FF Type 0, and FFXIII. I am interested to see if audiogarden agrees or disagrees with this.

from gamesradar:

ā€œThe combat is not turn-based
Final Fantasy games have traditionally adhered to the turn-based JRPG battle standard, but have been edging away from that in recent iterations, particularly Lighting Returns: Final Fantasy XIII and Type-0. XV takes another step away from tradition by adopting an action-heavy combat system akin to that of Kingdom Hearts, where fights unravel in real-time. Main character Noctis and crew can run around the battlefield, actively dodging attacks and following up with brutal strikes without waiting for a meterā€™s permission. You can also climb giant monsters when fighting them to target their weak points for massive damage.ā€

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
I donā€™t get Final Fantasy FFXV, what is it? An action RPG or what? Can you compare it to anything else? [/quote]

Action RPG. Its difficult to compare, you could say its somewhat similar to Kingdom Hearts or Kingdoms of Amalur but those comparisons dont do it justice. Its very unique, and i cant tell you how fuckin great it is, youā€™d have to play it.

Thanks fellas. XV does look enticing. The last Final Fantasy I played was VII I think, soā€¦

I havenā€™t read/watched anything about it until that clip so itā€™s an not much of an informed opinion, but that looks very monster-hunter-y(Iā€™m sure with all the FF-RPG flavorings), and thatā€™s an amazing series of games.

[quote]red04 wrote:
I havenā€™t read/watched anything about it until that clip so itā€™s an not much of an informed opinion, but that looks very monster-hunter-y(Iā€™m sure with all the FF-RPG flavorings), and thatā€™s an amazing series of games.[/quote]

Thats a decent comparison actually, one that i havent heard yet. I havent played a Monster Hunter game in years but if i recall correctly, the combat in FFXV is a bit faster paced, and much deeper. MH preperation was very deep but when actually in combat it was pretty straight forward compared to FFXV

Star Wars Battlefront debut next month.

New hunters and a monster for evolve. Theyā€™re fucking high if they think people are going to keep shelling this kind of money out for such small DLC.

[quote]red04 wrote:
I havenā€™t read/watched anything about it until that clip so itā€™s an not much of an informed opinion, but that looks very monster-hunter-y(Iā€™m sure with all the FF-RPG flavorings), and thatā€™s an amazing series of games.[/quote]

Thats a decent comparison actually, one that i havent heard yet. I havent played a Monster Hunter game in years but if i recall correctly, the combat in FFXV is a bit faster paced, and much deeper. MH preperation was very deep but when actually in combat it was pretty straight forward compared to FFXV[/quote]

You are really hyping the game up for everyone here haha. I am going to pick up Final Fantasy Type Zero soon. Will get to play the Demo with that and see how it feels. Looks really promising compared to some of Squareā€™s recent underwhelming releases.

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:

[quote]red04 wrote:

Thats a decent comparison actually, one that i havent heard yet. I havent played a Monster Hunter game in years but if i recall correctly, the combat in FFXV is a bit faster paced, and much deeper. MH preperation was very deep but when actually in combat it was pretty straight forward compared to FFXV[/quote]

You are really hyping the game up for everyone here haha. I am going to pick up Final Fantasy Type Zero soon. Will get to play the Demo with that and see how it feels. Looks really promising compared to some of Squareā€™s recent underwhelming releases. [/quote]

Like ive said, the only thing i can knock about the demo is the lack of AF and AA in the distance and the framerate bogging down, not to mention its currently at 900p. But this game is so far from completion still that we really shouldnt worry about it. It will be optimized down the line.

Other than that i cannot say one bad thing about the demo, if this is just a small sampling from the beginning of the game its going to be incredible.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Star Wars Battlefront debut next month. [/quote]

I heard the rumors a week ago, good to see its going to be revealed soon. Supposedly it will be out this year, i played the shit out of Battlefront 2, im really hoping this is going to live up to the hype.

Im still bummed that star wars 1313 was cancelled. Ive seen rumors that it may have been rebooted though. Anyone know more?

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

I heard the rumors a week ago, good to see its going to be revealed soon. Supposedly it will be out this year, i played the shit out of Battlefront 2, im really hoping this is going to live up to the hype. [/quote]

Ya me too. I heard 2015 release as well. Itā€™s supposed to come out alongside the movie I believe.

I expect it to play very much like the battlefield games, which Iā€™m cool with, but I know not everyone will be. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s going to be a 1st or 3rd person shooter. The old ones were all 3rd if I remember correctly.

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:
Im still bummed that star wars 1313 was cancelled. Ive seen rumors that it may have been rebooted though. Anyone know more?[/quote]

I was bummed too. I havenā€™t heard anything.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

I heard the rumors a week ago, good to see its going to be revealed soon. Supposedly it will be out this year, i played the shit out of Battlefront 2, im really hoping this is going to live up to the hype. [/quote]

Ya me too. I heard 2015 release as well. Itā€™s supposed to come out alongside the movie I believe.

I expect it to play very much like the battlefield games, which Iā€™m cool with, but I know not everyone will be. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s going to be a 1st or 3rd person shooter. The old ones were all 3rd if I remember correctly. [/quote]

Im hoping it plays like Battle Front 2. I dont want to a Battlefield experience, i can get that from Battlefield. I want a Star Wars Battlefront experience.

In the PC version of Battle front 2 you could switch between first and third person. hopefully thats still the case

God of War III remaster for PS4 was announced today. Releasing July 14 @ 39.99. Definitely going to scoop that up, the original for PS3 was one of the top 5 best looking games of last generation.

God of War III remaster for PS4 was announced today. Releasing July 14 @ 39.99. Definitely going to scoop that up, the original for PS3 was one of the top 5 best looking games of last generation. [/quote]

Is it just remastered or is there additional content? $40 seems kinda hefty for a graphics upgrade.