Geek S**T 10^n^(e^(i*pi)+1)

Any other big Final Fantasy fans? I just pre-ordered Type-0, ive known about this game for a while but had absolutely no interest until this last week when i really started looking into it. I havent been this excited for an FF release since X-2 (yes i actually really liked that game, despite the bubbly, girly antics)

The main reason i started checking it out is because the preorder edition comes with a code to download the FFXV demo “Episode Duscae” which i have heard fantastic things about. The only thing that sucks is the demo wont be in full HD, although the final product is expected to run at 1080p/30FPS.

Also, Uncharted has been postponed to spring 2016…son of a bitch

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:
Any other big Final Fantasy fans? I just pre-ordered Type-0, ive known about this game for a while but had absolutely no interest until this last week when i really started looking into it. I havent been this excited for an FF release since X-2 (yes i actually really liked that game, despite the bubbly, girly antics)

The main reason i started checking it out is because the preorder edition comes with a code to download the FFXV demo “Episode Duscae” which i have heard fantastic things about. The only thing that sucks is the demo wont be in full HD, although the final product is expected to run at 1080p/30FPS.

Also, Uncharted has been postponed to spring 2016…son of a bitch[/quote]

Love FF. Especially X-2. If there were ever real life video games characters, I would be thirsty as fuck for Rikku. I have been patiently waiting for like 6-7 years for FF XV to come out (from way back when it was Versus XIII). It is part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis subseries along with Type-O.

[quote]GrizzlyBerg wrote:

Also, Uncharted has been postponed to spring 2016…son of a bitch[/quote]

Love FF. Especially X-2. If there were ever real life video games characters, I would be thirsty as fuck for Rikku. I have been patiently waiting for like 6-7 years for FF XV to come out (from way back when it was Versus XIII). It is part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis subseries along with Type-O.

Yeah, as hyped up as i am for Type-0, my most anticipated game of the year is easily FFXV. Its the first one since X-2 that looks to be worthy of bringing the series into the new territory that Square keeps trying so hard to push. If you’re not planning on pre-ordering Type-0 i will definitely be letting you guys know how the Episode Duscae demo is.

I still maintain hope that we will see a complete FFVII remake before the PS4’s life is through. I dont even want to admit just how much money i would be willing to pay for that.

What was the previous uncharted 4 release date again?

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:
What was the previous uncharted 4 release date again?[/quote]

It was supposed to be holiday season this year. I don’t think there was ever an earlier release date.

I’m actually glad publishers are starting to push games back. I’m tired of getting unfinished games with 4g updates.

The Division is a good example, it’s been pushed back 2 or 3 times now.

I agree, as long as it results in a more polished game. I’m getting tired of glitchy, incomplete games being released, that are patched 10 times and have 20 DLC’s that finally complete the game and in the end cost $150. What happened to the good old days where a game like battletoads or earthworm jim was like $20.

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:
I agree, as long as it results in a more polished game. I’m getting tired of glitchy, incomplete games being released, that are patched 10 times and have 20 DLC’s that finally complete the game and in the end cost $150. What happened to the good old days where a game like battletoads or earthworm jim was like $20.[/quote]

Yup. I don’t mind a patch here and there to fix a glitch. That’s fine. It’s the, “The DLC is already on the disc, but need to be unlocked with this 5g update.” that pissed me off.

I rented Left 4 Dead when it first came out and the patch was like 8g’s. That was the last straw for me.

So since ive completely given up on Dragon Age Inquisition (out of extreme boredom, not extreme difficulty) and im still waiting until tomorrow for Type-0, i decided to revisit my half-complete AC Unity save file that i quit due to all the glitches.

Im not on sequence 10 out of 12 and ive actually found it quite fun, the framerate still sucks but the game plays much better than it did at launch and is no longer a frustrating experience, despite some pretty clunky controls during combat.

Im willing to say i definitely enjoy it more than Black Flag and if Ubisoft can improve on this game, and release the next installment without all the bugs and glitches, we could have the next best installment after AC2 and Brotherhood.

So depressing that a month and a half out of one of the biggest boxing fights of all time we don’t have a current gen Fight Night. Usually on my PS4 now, but I still turn on my 360 to play Fight Night fairly often.

Well, I fucking bought Battlefield. I hope I don’t regret it…

I played the beta and decided not to purchase it. I enjoyed battlefield 3 the most out of all the BF games.

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:
I played the beta and decided not to purchase it. I enjoyed battlefield 3 the most out of all the BF games.[/quote]

Ya, I played the beta too and thought it was decent. I’ve heard a lot of good things about this one. I enjoyed 3 and 4 quite a bit.

So since ive completely given up on Dragon Age Inquisition (out of extreme boredom, not extreme difficulty) and im still waiting until tomorrow for Type-0, i decided to revisit my half-complete AC Unity save file that i quit due to all the glitches.

Im not on sequence 10 out of 12 and ive actually found it quite fun, the framerate still sucks but the game plays much better than it did at launch and is no longer a frustrating experience, despite some pretty clunky controls during combat.

Im willing to say i definitely enjoy it more than Black Flag and if Ubisoft can improve on this game, and release the next installment without all the bugs and glitches, we could have the next best installment after AC2 and Brotherhood. [/quote]

I thought I was the only one that stopped Dragon Age Inquisition due to complete lack of interest.

Got 25 - 30 hours into the game, waiting for it to pick up, but it never really did. It was way too “MMO-ish” for my tastes, i.e. power-cooldowns, fetch quests, not being able to modify attributes, etc. I’ll probably finish it off here in the near future.

I’m probably going to get Type-0 as well, and should’ve picked up AC: Unit during the Steam sale, but I’m sure they’ll be another one in the near future (there always is with Steam).

I did pick up AC: Rogue though and I’m excited to start playing that. It’s supposed to have the best parts of Black Flag and III, and it looks glorious in 1080p and 60fps on my PC.

Also next week is Bloodborne…I’m spending money left and right it seems like…

I definitely quite Dragon Age as well. Just lost interest.

Anyone looking forward to Elder Scrolls online? June 9th release I believe. No subscription fee anymore. I think it looks awesome even though I’m not usually into the mmorpg’s.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Anyone looking forward to Elder Scrolls online? June 9th release I believe. No subscription fee anymore. I think it looks awesome even though I’m not usually into the mmorpg’s. [/quote]
In on Elder Scrolls. Oblivion and Skyrim took over my life. I’ve been waiting a long time to be in that world online.

[quote]En Sabah Nur wrote:

Im willing to say i definitely enjoy it more than Black Flag and if Ubisoft can improve on this game, and release the next installment without all the bugs and glitches, we could have the next best installment after AC2 and Brotherhood. [/quote]

I thought I was the only one that stopped Dragon Age Inquisition due to complete lack of interest.

Got 25 - 30 hours into the game, waiting for it to pick up, but it never really did. It was way too “MMO-ish” for my tastes, i.e. power-cooldowns, fetch quests, not being able to modify attributes, etc. I’ll probably finish it off here in the near future.

I’m probably going to get Type-0 as well, and should’ve picked up AC: Unit during the Steam sale, but I’m sure they’ll be another one in the near future (there always is with Steam).

I did pick up AC: Rogue though and I’m excited to start playing that. It’s supposed to have the best parts of Black Flag and III, and it looks glorious in 1080p and 60fps on my PC.

Also next week is Bloodborne…I’m spending money left and right it seems like…[/quote]

Im with you, just over 40 hours in i quit Inquisition, and believe me i was forcing myself just to get to that point. It is exactly like playing a single player MMO. Cant believe its won so many GOTY awards.

Unity is definitely worth a playthrough now that the bugs have (mostly) been worked out.

I just got Type-0 HD today, only played it for an hour cause thats all i have time for but its already grabbed my interest. Graphically its on par with the PS3 i’d say, it plays really well and the story is very interesting and mature right from the get-go. Im expecting this to be a fun and lengthy playthrough.

And as much as i couldnt really get into the Souls games, im super pumped for bloodborne. Im expecting it to be the most critically acclaimed game of the current gen up until this point.

So i got Type-0 HD today and spend about an hour with it while i waited for Final Fantasy XV episode Duscae to download and install. So far i like it.

I am happy to report that FFXV is living up to all my expectations, i firmly believe after spending about an hour and 20 minutes with it today that it is shaping up to be the first great FF game since the “big 3” on the playstation 1.

Production values through the roof and the gameplay is unlike any FF game (or any other game for that matter) that ive ever played. The combat is awesome, its very fluid, accessible, yet has a lot of depth and complexity and is totally customizable to fit your playstyle.

The graphics are great, i would say currently on par with infamous second son. The framerate leaves something to be desired but it still has a long way to go before its ready for release, and optimization usually comes at the end. It should look even better at release as its expected to run at 1080p and 30FPS, which it is currently not at. Assuming they make some visual improvements/optimizations, it should be one of the best looking current gen games to date.

The animations are among the best ive ever seen, the party banter is on par with uncharted, which is to say its awesome. They constantly have relative input and the chemistry is immediately apparent, the party becomes immediately likeable. Even better than the banter is the way they interact and help eachother in combat, you only directly control Noctis but the synergy in combat between all 4 is awesome. Voice acting is top-notch. No Awful Tidus voices like in FFX

Theres a lot of content in the demo, im an hour and 20 minutes in and id estimate i have at least that much more before im through with the demo.

Seriously, anyone who’s a fan of Final fantasy or action/RPG’s in general should be excited for this. Visiting the Chocobo ranch in the game was the highlight so far, the nods to past FF games and the bluesy acoustic rendition of the chocobo theme from FFVII playing in the background was great to experience.

[quote]crowdhater wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Anyone looking forward to Elder Scrolls online? June 9th release I believe. No subscription fee anymore. I think it looks awesome even though I’m not usually into the mmorpg’s. [/quote]
In on Elder Scrolls. Oblivion and Skyrim took over my life. I’ve been waiting a long time to be in that world online. [/quote]

Ya, besides Batman I probably won’t get anything else over the summer. It’ll last me at least until The Division comes out.

Not sure if anyones particularly interested but finished the FFXV demo today, my playthrough was 3 hours so its pretty robust.

Spoiler

Summoning Ramuh in FFXV is the coolest thing ive ever seen in a videogame. My jaw dropped. If this is what the first Summon in the game looks like i cant imaging how epic the later summons like Bahamut will be.

Overall this demo has put to rest all my fears about the Final Fantasy series and its direction, and this is easily my most anticipated game right now. Hopefully they optimize it to get it to 1080p 30 FPS and add some AF and AA to smooth out distant objects/textures.

Crossing my fingers that somehow this sees release by holiday season of this year

Not sure if anyones particularly interested but finished the FFXV demo today, my playthrough was 3 hours so its pretty robust.

Spoiler

Summoning Ramuh in FFXV is the coolest thing ive ever seen in a videogame. My jaw dropped. If this is what the first Summon in the game looks like i cant imaging how epic the later summons like Bahamut will be.

Overall this demo has put to rest all my fears about the Final Fantasy series and its direction, and this is easily my most anticipated game right now. Hopefully they optimize it to get it to 1080p 30 FPS and add some AF and AA to smooth out distant objects/textures.

Crossing my fingers that somehow this sees release by holiday season of this year[/quote]

The demo took three hours to beat? That alone is pretty intriguing to me because it means the game itself will be more then the five hour campaigns common today.