Geek Movie Stuff

For all my fellow fanboys, geeks, and people who know what a longbox is…

Two cool things:

Casting notices have gone out for Fantastic Four 2. The villians will be (drum roll, please) GALACTUS and the Silver Surfer. (I wrote Galactus in all caps because I love the dude. I even bought all the action figures in the Marvel Legends wave 11 so I could put him together, and he devours my desk with coolness!)

and…

John Singleton has, tentatively, made his choice for the bad guy (and the guy playing him) in the Luke Cage flick.

Playing Diamondback will be Terence Howard, Oscar nominated star of Hustle and Flow.

Pretty cool, I think.

Oh, and if you didn’t know, guess who’s showing up in Spidey 3? Yup, Pete’s first love (in the comic book continuity) Gwen Stacy, to be played by Bryce Dallas Howard, daughter of Ron. She was in The Village, if you want to check her out.

God, I’m a geek…

[quote]harris447 wrote:
For all my fellow fanboys, geeks, and people who know what a longbox is…

Two cool things:

Casting notices have gone out for Fantastic Four 2. The villians will be (drum roll, please) GALACTUS and the Silver Surfer. (I wrote Galactus in all caps because I love the dude. I even bought all the action figures in the Marvel Legends wave 11 so I could put him together, and he devours my desk with coolness!)

and…

John Singleton has, tentatively, made his choice for the bad guy (and the guy playing him) in the Luke Cage flick.

Playing Diamondback will be Terence Howard, Oscar nominated star of Hustle and Flow.

Pretty cool, I think.

Oh, and if you didn’t know, guess who’s showing up in Spidey 3? Yup, Pete’s first love (in the comic book continuity) Gwen Stacy, to be played by Bryce Dallas Howard, daughter of Ron. She was in The Village, if you want to check her out.

God, I’m a geek…
[/quote]

Well if your a geek then I am too. I have several of the wave 11 figures,my fave is Dr Strange(always one of my fave charactors) Anyways that awesome. I’ve always been a fan of Galactus but never that big on the Silver Surfer

The trailer is out now.

[quote]harris447 wrote:

[/quote]

I think I remember a female Diamondback villian in Captain America but don’t remember a Luke Cage Diamondback villian.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
harris447 wrote:

I think I remember a female Diamondback villian in Captain America but don’t remember a Luke Cage Diamondback villian.[/quote]

You’re right, there were two different characters. The female was part of a group of women who named themselves after snakes. The Ultimate line for Fantastic Four has done something new with them. The diamonback from Luke Cage is a completely different character. I am sure Harris would know more than i do.

[quote]harris447 wrote:

God, I’m a geek…
[/quote]

I thought she looked great in the Village, and I liked the movie 1000X more than Signs.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
harris447 wrote:

I think I remember a female Diamondback villian in Captain America but don’t remember a Luke Cage Diamondback villian.

You’re right, there were two different characters. The female was part of a group of women who named themselves after snakes. The Ultimate line for Fantastic Four has done something new with them. The diamonback from Luke Cage is a completely different character. I am sure Harris would know more than i do.[/quote]

There were two Marvel characters named Diamonback (and I’m doing this off the top of my head, so I might get some minor shit wrong…)

The first was the Luke Cage villian. He was kind of a classic “Mr. Big” Blaxploitation bad guy.

The second was a chick named Rachel something. Didn’t have any powers, but she used to toss these diamond darts at people. She was technically a bad guy, but she was more of Captain America’s Black Cat: a thief with a heart of gold who had a crush on Cap.

I think she died a while ago, but was replaced with an android duplicate.

[quote]harris447 wrote:

I think she died a while ago, but was replaced with an android duplicate.

[/quote]

That is what I love about comic books.