Gee Dad, He's Big!

I personally am hurt. I’ve run 100 to 120 mg/week of test cyp (regular TRT) for years and threw in 50 mg/day of oxandrolone for 4 weeks and still just appeared to be a lean swimmer. I guess I should have either run the full 8 weeks or switch to dbol next time. Probably need to throw in some Weider supps as well as that Arnold bicep contraption.

PS: Nandrolone at 100-160 mg/week for up to 19 weeks did not cut it either.

But, did you buttchug your protein?

If not, I know why you were small.

Some truly will do anything for those mythic gainz. I only liked to buttchug the Ultimate Orange. Talk about next level in the gym. Wow.

Raspberry oxandrolone troches another good choice for the back door. Sugar free with Stevia.

Poor kids today will never know Ultimate Orange.

1 Like

People often ask me about my pre-gear days.

I was a relatively lean muscular 235-245 lbs. in college playing ball running my ass off before I ever touched gear.

1 Like

These days it is a genetics competition on how well you respond to gear and what level you can run without dying.

2 Likes

All the time I competed this was true. .

I never concerned myself what gear others were running, but what genetic potential other competitors had that I didn’t. (Not that there was anything I could do about it) Example: I placed ahead of Mike Christian in the 1980 Jr Mr America, but he was far from his potential at the time of the contest.

And who knows what that level is? I suppose that knowledge is becoming more available continually. It has always been a risk versus reward decision to maximize gear. When I competed it was much more an unknown risk.

BTW, I hate the term “gear” for anabolic steroids. “Gear” I associate more with powerlifting. But I suppose with the various PED’s used by bodybuilders, “gear” is more inclusive of all substances used.`

2 Likes

That type of gear will help you lift weight a lot better than AAS. First time in a bench shirt (which was way to big) I did an easy 50 lb PR. Not into the geared powerlifting stuff, but I was offered to try it, and figured what the heck, why not.

2 Likes

I have seen Charles Bailey bench press 700lbs in the gym in shirt. Before he started powerlifting he could barely bench press 405lbs. My guess is that at his best he could bench press 500lbs raw.

I never lifted in gear, so I can only go by what he said. He had a different shirt for how much weight he was lifting. He said that his “700lb shirt” was too stiff for him to bring the bar to his chest. He took a few shirts to his meets.

2 Likes

I always lifted raw.

And boy am I paying for it now…

I lifted both raw and equipped and am paying for it. Both are hard on your body, just in different ways.

1 Like

I don’t even bother to bench anymore, I just use inclines as my main exercise and use machines to train other angles. Much easier on my 51 year-old shoulders.

3 Likes

Yup, that’s where I’m at too. I’ll occasionally bench on a neutral grip bar but straight bar benching is in the rearview window for me at this point.

1 Like

I’m actually enjoying doing stuff I didn’t when I was a powerlifter - Doing more reps, less rest between sets, using machines, doing isolation exercises to pre-exhaust the muscle, more variety of exercises… I still do enough heavy stuff to keep strong, It’s just not my sole purpose for lifting anymore.

3 Likes