Gears of War

My girlfriend’s youngest son just got the game about ten minutes ago.

The graphics are [i] s i c k.[/i]

The combat seems ultrabloody, yet realistic, from the few minutes I saw. And the controls seemed a little confusing to get used to (based on how quickly a 12-year old was picking it up.)

Of course, there’s no chance I’ll get to play it anytime today, between him and his brother. But…they’ve got school tomorrow and I have free time in the morning. Mwahahaha.

Here is an E3 trailer for GOW for those of us that must wait until morning. Where are you that you can get it today PGA?

Also, this is the game I am looking forward to. “Mass Effect” from BioWare, the people that did “Knights of the Old Republic.”

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/718/718963/vids_1.html

Mass Effect does look pretty awesome, although i do not know much about it. I intentionally look at as little information as possible about these games so that when they come out nothing has been spoiled. I used to know everything about a game before it hit shelves and it ruined the experience somewhat for me.

Ok quick review.

Amazing game. One of my favs of all time thus far. VERY intense. CANNOT run and gun or you will be dead in an instant.

Graphics are outstanding and easily the best seen to date. The forest scene when its raining is awe inspiring.

There really isnt anything bad that can be said about it. Played coop on Live and it was flawless. No lag, no stutters and NO DISCONNECTS. It was smoothe as silk.

If you have a 360 its a must. If you’re thinking of a 360 go buy one and buy this game. You will not be dissapointed.

It will take a lot to trump this game and its easily game of the year.

Go get it!

[quote]PGA wrote:
Ok quick review.

Amazing game. One of my favs of all time thus far. VERY intense. CANNOT run and gun or you will be dead in an instant.

Graphics are outstanding and easily the best seen to date. The forest scene when its raining is awe inspiring.

There really isnt anything bad that can be said about it. Played coop on Live and it was flawless. No lag, no stutters and NO DISCONNECTS. It was smoothe as silk.

If you have a 360 its a must. If you’re thinking of a 360 go buy one and buy this game. You will not be dissapointed.

Go get it![/quote]

co-sign

whats your gamertags everyone. mine is brwnbellyyankee send in invite and lets game.

I should be getting the game later this week and my gamertag is

brandodude

This is the game that’s making me seriously consider picking up a 360.

[quote]PGA wrote:
Ok quick review.

Go get it![/quote]

PGA, you rock, thanks for this comes out here today. Don’t know if I will have time to pick it up anytime soon with a big paper due on friday and work/school until 5:00. Also Mass Effect looks awesome I believe that the same people did KOtR and Jade Empire for Xbox.

p.s. still no gamer tag

Think this is the first game released using the Unreal3 engine. Wait until you see some of the other ones (like UT2007).

By far the best shooter ive played, pretty easy to get a hang of the controls, now i just need to work on killing people lol. My GT is Billy Mcbutter

For those who don’t have the game but want to see what the hoopla is all about:

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/747/747891/vid_1736366.html

T-Nation related trivia: Apparently the main hero, Marcus Fenix, was inspired by Marius Pudzianowski.

Just picked up Call of Duty 3 and Gears of War. Played some Call of Duty 3, seems like a really good game… Cant stop playing Gears of War. The game is absolutely amazing! I am very picky when it comes to games, but this one is hands down…just unreal…

Very simple and easy to learn controls, graphics are insane, the movement of what you can do in this game is un like anything I’ve ever seen. If you have a 360, get it! This game is hands down one of the best games I have ever played in a VERY long time. You will be amazed.

At Best Buy this morning I very ruthlessly took the last copy out of a box that some poor woman was holding. It was straight off the truck and it never touched a shelf.

It was funny, there was a crowd around her and everyone started to move in closer and all manners flew out the window. The guy in front of me actually said, “Normally I’d be the bigger man, but…”

Funny stuff.

I just got done playing co-op with a friend at his house. its a pretty badass game. Graphics are great and gameplay is pretty intense. I like it a lot more then halo.

I also played a demo for Rainbow six and it is pretty sick.

Looks cool and I was thinking of getting the 360, but I have a question. Broadband is not an option out where I live, so is it worth spending the money for all of this just for single player games, or just stick with the PC?

[quote]Beowulf67 wrote:
Looks cool and I was thinking of getting the 360, but I have a question. Broadband is not an option out where I live, so is it worth spending the money for all of this just for single player games, or just stick with the PC?[/quote]

The game is short (10 hours) but has 3 difficulty settings. I’ll have it beat when I get home.

[quote]PGA wrote:
Beowulf67 wrote:
Looks cool and I was thinking of getting the 360, but I have a question. Broadband is not an option out where I live, so is it worth spending the money for all of this just for single player games, or just stick with the PC?

The game is short (10 hours) but has 3 difficulty settings. I’ll have it beat when I get home.[/quote]

Dammit, I hate short games. How is the online stuff? I haven’t opened it yet, probably play tonight.

As previous posters have already stated, THIS GAME IS FUCKING AMAZING. I started playing and looked up at the clock to realize that 5 hours have already passed, it is quite addicting.

Ok, Epic should have amde the “Insane” setting available from the start. Thats how the game should be played. The otehr two arent that difficult. The insane setting has much better AI and it takes a LONG time to beat levels. Where as I did 2 levels in an hour and a half Tuesdauy I did barely 1 last night.

Online is HOT!

Again, I cannot stress enough, if you have a 360 get this game and if you were waiting for a 360 get the 360 and this game.

[quote]PGA wrote:
Again, I cannot stress enough, if you have a 360 get this game and if you were waiting for a 360 get the 360 and this game.[/quote]

FUCK! I believe that everyone here is out of it already, wanted to pick it up for the weekend but damn. PGA quit mocking me and tell me what sucks about so I am not as pissed.