T Nation

Gears of Testosterone

Damn, just got Gears of War2 this morning. Called my buddy over and we Co-opped the whole game in 6 hours. Wow I must say that is the best game i’ve ever played. To bad all the 12 year olds are kicking my ass on Xbox live.

Grunts, Swearing, testosterone, guns, and chainsaws… make one hell of a game.

Anyone else out there playing it?

Yeah, it’s pretty good.

Hey, I was thinking about something. I’m brain storming here, but wouldn’t it be awesome if there was a thread in Get a Life just for video games? We could even talk about other nerdy stuff… You know, whatever geek shit we find interesting. Just a thought.

[quote]Drizzt wrote:
Damn, just got Gears of War2 this morning. Called my buddy over and we Co-opped the whole game in 6 hours. Wow I must say that is the best game i’ve ever played. To bad all the 12 year olds are kicking my ass on Xbox live.

Grunts, Swearing, testosterone, guns, and chainsaws… make one hell of a game.

Anyone else out there playing it?[/quote]

Yes, and has been discussed at great length…

Here:

and Here:

But… but…

‘Gears of Testosterone’ was such a great thread title…

Hordes will own your soul.

have you played horde yet?

[quote]Stone101 wrote:
have you played horde yet?[/quote]

Horde is a blast. My brother and I have played Horde online a few times recently.

I finished the campaign mode last night on “normal”. It was pretty easy, imo. Overall it was good, but the real value is in the multi-player.

Neverwinter Nights, along with Gears is owning my soul right now.

Xbox live gets old… The average age range is 11-14 and the kids voices are so high and they dont know how to utilize strategy, its a rush in and blast. Bah

Horde is good? heard some goods and bads about the game.

[quote]Drizzt wrote:

Xbox live gets old… The average age range is 11-14 and the kids voices are so high and they dont know how to utilize strategy, its a rush in and blast. Bah

Horde is good? heard some goods and bads about the game.[/quote]

Horde will rock your face off. It’s a rush when its wave 25 and you just emptied your click in a Boomers face, but he is still standing and he just reloaded and has you in his sites, then your teamate takes him out with the hammer of dawn. Good times…

Anyone know of other games that boost testosterone as much as gears?

[quote]Drizzt wrote:

[/quote]

If you want a strategy game, play Supreme Commander on PC. You have to really know all of your counters and manuevers to get ahead in that game. It’s also superbly balanced (last time I played)

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:
Drizzt wrote:

Horde will rock your face off. It’s a rush when its wave 25 and you just emptied your click in a Boomers face, but he is still standing and he just reloaded and has you in his sites, then your teamate takes him out with the hammer of dawn. Good times…

[/quote]

I remember when we first hit wave 12 or so and those fuckers on the dinosaurs bum rush your ass. I about shit my pants as I dumped a clip into that fucking thing and got eat.

[quote]RebornTN wrote:
Drizzt wrote:

If you want a strategy game, play Supreme Commander on PC. You have to really know all of your counters and manuevers to get ahead in that game. It’s also superbly balanced (last time I played)[/quote]

Ill look into Supreme Commander thanks RebornTN, I love strategy games. Im actually really looking forward to Starcraft 2

remember the old command and conquer games?

Thats what got my attention in Reborn’s post, I didn’t know they were even around anymore.

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:
Drizzt wrote:

[/quote]

I love getting down to one drone and downing that guy and letting him bleed out while I pick up ammo and weapons.

[quote]Doubledown wrote:
Pootie Tang wrote:
Drizzt wrote:

I love getting down to one drone and downing that guy and letting him bleed out while I pick up ammo and weapons.
[/quote]

That’s a good fucking idea!

UGH I just finished playing horde with my room mate. We tried completing wave 9 for over an hour and finally did it lol.