Gear Primer For First Timers

Does anyone know of a comprehensive source where a
first-timer to the gear game can learn all the basics. I’ve been reading this site for a few months and have learned a great deal and find it invaluable, but there’s a lot of elementary stuff I’m totally ignorant about.

For example, I’m ignorant about roid receptors and why certain drugs compliment others, etc. Also, many terms are thrown around where one almost needs an advanced degree in organic chemistry; case in point, I assume a Testosterone ester is some derivation of the basic molecule, but I don’t know for sure.

Any help pointing this novice to a good basic resource to aid me in making intelligent, informed decisions is greatly appreciated!

Thanx!

Go to the Previous Issues Site of Test. Mag. Use the search engine for: S-Files, Steroid Cookbook, Strasseroids,or you might searching for authors:Brock Strasser, Nelson Montana, Bill Roberts, Brian Batcheldor. Also a lot of other bodybuilding Message Boards have a home page where they list Anabolic Profiles. These talk about the most common steroids, effects, sides, etc. This gets easier as you study. Enjoy, Nick

The t-mag archives are a great place to begin. Also try and get your hands on some old copies of Muscle Media 2000. Just make sure they are from the pre sellout era. If you can find a copy, Bill Phillips wrote a pretty good book on the subject. I think it’s been out of print for a while, but it’s worth looking for. Dan Duchaine’s “Underground Steroid Handbook II” is another decent source for information. I wish I could tell you that there is one comprehensive source for information on this subject, but there really isn’t. You’ll have to search through a lot of magazines, books, and sights.

Read my two posts listed under “Everybody Please Read.” I was really tired and accidently answered your post under a different one. You’ll find some good gear books at Amazon.

Actually, this is the topic of my next article for T-mag.