Gear for a Football Player

[quote]Baron wrote:
FightingScott wrote:

i’m 23 and a bodybuilder. My bodyfat is almost nothing. 180lbs is pure muscle. I wanna juice so these football guys dont cream me like they usually do + for my original bodybuilding goals. I’m in college (obviously). And its a division 1 team. I’m pretty damn good, but get tossed around alot since some of these guys are 6’5 300+. Therefore i wanna put on 30lbs this year, and eventually get to 230lb.
[/quote]

Well that’s completely different. As for a “bulk” phase you should probably have your cycle be shorter than 2 months. 4-5 for your first cycle going into a tested season is pretty risky and you’ll probably get a satisfactory amount of gains with 6-8 weeks of use if you taper off properly. If your trying to follow a “bulk” diet to go along with your bulk stack, forget that.

[quote]unit37 wrote:
Why is everyone bum rushing this kid. He just wants info. I find it comical that you don’t approve of juice in athletics but it is ok for bodybuilders and personal reasons. WTF? And as far as being too small for college ball. About 25% of the NFL is 5’11" 180 lbs…[/quote]

Unit, you need to get together with this kid and learn some research basics before you come on here posting completely erroneous statistics like this.

According to www.nfl.com, there are currently 1,696 players on NFL rosters. Of these players, 97 are listed at 5’11" and under as well as 180lbs. and under. Bear with me here because I know all these FACTUAL statistics and EXACT numbers might be getting a little complicated for you…but that’s 6% (5.72 to be exact) of players currently on NFL rosters that are 5’11" , 180lbs. and under. Nowhere even remotely close to your alleged claim of “about 25% of the NFL”. I suggest you visit the website and take a look and further educate yourself.

I know it sucks to have your bullshit card pulled. However, if you go through life spewing verbal diarrhea like bogus statistics in an attempt to sound more knowledgeable about a particular topic, sooner or later someone who knows the facts is going to embarass you and expose your ignorance. Just be thankful that this time it’s not in front of anyone and just on a forum message board.

I understand that not everyone has the time to research every topic, issue, or statistic. Put simply, my message is twofold…if you haven’t done the research, don’t even try to throw in your two cents (especially in this forum) and if you do, be prepared to have your nose rubbed right in the bullshit you lay down. Secondly, do your own damn work. If claim you want to get to the next level in any athletic arena, the “I don’t have enough time” excuse is pretty fucking pathetic in my view.

You think you are passionate enough about the sport to make the sacrifices to get to the next level, yet you “don’t have time” to learn the necessary background material that you need to ensure your health and success?? Does anyone else who doesn’t have a third 21st chromosome see this as just plain fucking retarded??

[quote]IvanDrago wrote:
unit37 wrote:
Why is everyone bum rushing this kid. He just wants info. I find it comical that you don’t approve of juice in athletics but it is ok for bodybuilders and personal reasons. WTF? And as far as being too small for college ball. About 25% of the NFL is 5’11" 180 lbs…

Unit, you need to get together with this kid and learn some research basics before you come on here posting completely erroneous statistics like this.

According to www.nfl.com, there are currently 1,696 players on NFL rosters. Of these players, 97 are listed at 5’11" and under as well as 180lbs. and under. Bear with me here because I know all these FACTUAL statistics and EXACT numbers might be getting a little complicated for you…but that’s 6% (5.72 to be exact) of players currently on NFL rosters that are 5’11" , 180lbs. and under. Nowhere even remotely close to your alleged claim of “about 25% of the NFL”. I suggest you visit the website and take a look and further educate yourself.

I know it sucks to have your bullshit card pulled. However, if you go through life spewing verbal diarrhea like bogus statistics in an attempt to sound more knowledgeable about a particular topic, sooner or later someone who knows the facts is going to embarass you and expose your ignorance. Just be thankful that this time it’s not in front of anyone and just on a forum message board.

I understand that not everyone has the time to research every topic, issue, or statistic. Put simply, my message is twofold…if you haven’t done the research, don’t even try to throw in your two cents (especially in this forum) and if you do, be prepared to have your nose rubbed right in the bullshit you lay down. Secondly, do your own damn work. If claim you want to get to the next level in any athletic arena, the “I don’t have enough time” excuse is pretty fucking pathetic in my view. You think you are passionate enough about the sport to make the sacrifices to get to the next level, yet you “don’t have time” to learn the necessary background material that you need to ensure your health and success?? Does anyone else who doesn’t have a third 21st chromosome see this as just plain fucking retarded??

[/quote]

why did you write all that? So you called him out on that stat claim, big deal? How is he even embrassed? his point was there are a bunch of guys my size in the NFL. And originally we were discussing college ball (not even nfl). So i dont get it?mabbe take a few days off from typing or something.

YEAAH!! I WANT TO NFLDOTCOMAND GOT DA FACTZ!! YEAAH YOU LOOK SO DUM NOW I GOT DA FACTS I GOT DA FACTS

nobody cares

Well said Ivan.

[quote]Baron wrote:

why did you write all that? So you called him out on that stat claim, big deal? How is he even embrassed? his point was there are a bunch of guys my size in the NFL. And originally we were discussing college ball (not even nfl). So i dont get it?mabbe take a few days off from typing or something.

YEAAH!! I WANT TO NFLDOTCOMAND GOT DA FACTZ!! YEAAH YOU LOOK SO DUM NOW I GOT DA FACTS I GOT DA FACTS

nobody cares[/quote]

Yup. You are in high school. And you are using two usernames.

On a side note, how is debate team working out for you? Guess you didn’t have time for that, either, eh?

What a shame. I’m gone for one weekend and I miss one of the stupidest posts in weeks.

I always miss the good ones.

Ivan and I took care of it, so don’t you worry Control. You can thank me by letting me know how to gain 50 pounds and be the best LB the NFL has ever seen.

Die and come back reincarnated as Lawrence Taylor.

[quote]Contrl wrote:
What a shame. I’m gone for one weekend and I miss one of the stupidest posts in weeks.

I always miss the good ones.[/quote]

My dirty little secret: These kinds of threads are my very favorite.

go get a mod to do an ip check, im sure they have a way of checking these things.

On a side note, you guys are ridiculous. I came in here for advice and i’m getting battled, this is pathetic.

Hi I’m World and I’m addicted to these type of threads…

Good shit there Contrl…

[quote]Baron wrote:

On a side note, you guys are ridiculous. I came in here for advice and i’m getting battled, this is pathetic.[/quote]

read that again.

if you dont have legit advice for me, stay out of my thread please.

You’re the one who asked for trouble.

You want to juice up because you think it will make you a better football player, but ask yourself what for? Are you going to go pro? Nope.

So what difference does it make now if you get bigger or not? Football is all about explosive power, speed, and agility. That’s called training, dedication, and a thing most people choose to ignore-- talent.

All the chemical enhancement in the world won’t help you out. Sorry bud.

And I mean in the most respectful way possible, in no way am I trying to flame you.

If you had more realistic goals, I and many others here would be more than willing to help you out. This attitude of “fuck the new guy” you think exists, could not be farther from the reality that is.

[quote]Baron wrote:
Baron wrote:

On a side note, you guys are ridiculous. I came in here for advice and i’m getting battled, this is pathetic.

read that again.

[/quote]

You have a flawed idea of of what you are and are not entitled to.

What you ask is superceded by its own inadequacy.

That aside, you down own anything here. There is no “my,” kid.

Look, I’m not trying to get in a pissing match about percentages. If you eliminate the line positions it’s very close. I figured people would know that nobody’s playing the o-line or d-line at 180lbs. Otherwise you proved my point for me.

Thanks for doing the math, I appreciate it. I was trying to prove the point that people are playing at the highest level of football at that size. I proved my point.

[quote]Baron wrote:
Baron wrote:

read that again.

[/quote]

all the advice given to you has been legit. Like everyone has said steroids aren’t the answer. They will not magically make more skilled in football.

They are not trying to hold you back, they are trying to HELP YOU!

[quote]unit37 wrote:
Look, I’m not trying to get in a pissing match about percentages. If you eliminate the line positions it’s very close. I figured people would know that nobody’s playing the o-line or d-line at 180lbs. Otherwise you proved my point for me.

Thanks for doing the math, I appreciate it. I was trying to prove the point that people are playing at the highest level of football at that size. I proved my point. [/quote]

Yeah - if you throw out everyone that weighs over 200 pounds, then you have a point.

Geez - who left the fucking idiot gate open? Whoever it was needs to gather these dipshits up and put them back in the pens.

I have to disagree on this topic my friends. We all claim that we want ignorance and false media representations about aas use to end, but this is a prime example of a time to spread a little knowledge. This guy isnt the only one on this site asking these type of questions in his mind, he just happens to be one of the few to blatantly ask it.

Do you really think blasting anything thing he says is positive reinforcement to change his mind, if that is your ultimate goal. Instead of getting to the core of the problem, figuring out real issues associated with his training ideology everybody makes conjectures about his abilities to play ball. No one on this site knows shit about his playing ability, so who the fuck are we acting like we do.

Also, I think its pretty hypocritical to consider steroid ethics among other things a decisive factor in this discussion. There is a tradeoff in life as far as genetics go, some got it some dont. So for those who dont have it should give up be the answer. Should students who arent as smart give up on all academics even though they want a good career, fuck no.

In the business world the popular saying is, “it’s not what you kow but who you know”. Isn’t this cheating, having connections through friendships and family are common decisive factors in helping peoples careers, but they are cheaters I guess. My point is I have seen genetically gifted athletes trounce over competition my whole life, and alot of the times they have poor work ethic and a shitty attitude because they can.

Yet lets limit it to genetics for the purity of the game, this again is bullshit. No kid plays highschool or college sports because of the legacy or tradition. They play because they like physical challenges and the rush of the game, of winning. Athletes on the pro level are playing to make millions of dollars. They are making millions of dollars because it is enjoyable to watch great feats of athleticism. Where is this purity and legacy, it is bullshit and I really tire of hearing about this crap. Love is pure, children are innocent, football is anything but. I have had more veangeful hatred for people that arose on a football field than anywhere else in life.

Also, to say strength and size will not make you a better ball player is complete ignorance. There is a tapering of athletic skill and and ability at some point. But far after this you will have much more room to improve physically and mentally. Football isn’t a one trick pony by any means. A number of influences affect playing ability. Athleticism is one. Overal speed is the biggest factor changing between every level of competative sports. Speed can obviously be increased, or half of the authors on this site are completely fullof shit.

There are articles on this site relating the connection that has been made by coaches at an olmpic and collegiate level between squat strength and speed. Size and strength are very related. Have any of you watched olmpic sprinters recently, if you have then you know what I am implying at.

I just think some of us need to get off our high horses sometimes, we are all guilty of it especially me. This thread just hit close to home so I had to ramble my opinion a little bit. I have gotten alot of help from these boards and its users so I know how truly helpful we can be to someone in need.

Dean

[quote]Baron wrote:
I wanna gain alot of speed plus 30lbs in the offseason. Im already one of the fastest guys on the team, but would like to improve. Can someone please make a routine for me plus a good cycle. Ive been training for awhile, i like the 5x5 split except with a few higher rep sets at the end (8-10). Def. wanna increase strenght + mass. And im assuming while in season i should avoid steroids?

I take currently on hgh btw, and i’m 5’11 180lb. Plan on doing a 4-5 month bulker, dunno if i should do more or less. I think 230lb is a good target weight for me.[/quote]

You, sir, make me sick. You want all the glory and results without putting forth the effort. Make no mistake about it, I am not against taking steroids: I believe it is acceptable for personal, noncompetitive reasons. However, I detest steroids when people like you come along looking to cheat the system and enhance your performance.

Your laziness shows in this post. You cheat the system by using steroids and HGH in your weightlifting, and you desire to cheat the system by having us spew knowledge to you free of charge. We’ve all done the research, we’ve all taken the time to learn. You, on the other and, want to take the easy way out both physically and intellectually. Way to be a competent athlete, Baron.

Baron, please keep in the back of your mind at all times that your accomplishments are tainted. You are an unnatural product of scientific advancements. You are fueled by pure selfishness and arrogance. You’ve obviously forgotten what it means to play football, as evidenced by your blatant disrespect for the game, its players, and overall competition.

You, your desires, and your actions are utterly deplorable. I hope you realize your errors and learn to respect the game and competition. Have a nice day.