Gays Order Beat Down on Pastor

[quote]ironcross wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]ironcross wrote:
I do feel sorry for the gay people who were beat up; nothing justifies that, especially from a population that’s supposed to be Christian. What a fucking terrible example of “turn the other cheek”.

Yet another example of old religion not changing fast enough.[/quote]

Principals don’t and shouldn’t change.

I can’t say I feel sorry for them unless I had all the information.

I do agree that it was not something any deacon or pastor should have done, and like I said earlier, I hope they get removed. But that’s something internal to the church. If you aren’t a Christian, you really don’t have the right to comment of that side of things.[/quote]

Principles change with economic need and scientific advancement. Have you ever worked on Saturday? Have you slept with a woman outside of marriage? Do you condone planting more than one crop in the same year? Have you eaten cow and drank cow milk in the same meal? Have you ever helped stone a woman because she wasn’t a virgin at marriage?[/quote]

You are listing rules, not principals. Rules can change to adapt to the changing world, the principals that motivate them do not.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]ironcross wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]ironcross wrote:
I do feel sorry for the gay people who were beat up; nothing justifies that, especially from a population that’s supposed to be Christian. What a fucking terrible example of “turn the other cheek”.

I do agree that it was not something any deacon or pastor should have done, and like I said earlier, I hope they get removed. But that’s something internal to the church. If you aren’t a Christian, you really don’t have the right to comment of that side of things.[/quote]

Principles change with economic need and scientific advancement. Have you ever worked on Saturday? Have you slept with a woman outside of marriage? Do you condone planting more than one crop in the same year? Have you eaten cow and drank cow milk in the same meal? Have you ever helped stone a woman because she wasn’t a virgin at marriage?[/quote]

You are listing rules, not principals. Rules can change to adapt to the changing world, the principals that motivate them do not.[/quote]

What principle does this thread have to do with? Whether or not gays should/are together sounds more like a rule to me.

[quote]ironcross wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]ironcross wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]ironcross wrote:

You are listing rules, not principals. Rules can change to adapt to the changing world, the principals that motivate them do not.[/quote]

What principle does this thread have to do with? Whether or not gays should/are together sounds more like a rule to me.[/quote]

Nothing ever established that homosexuality was related to what happened. And certainly nothing has ever established that it was over whether or not gays should be together.

Homosexuality is a sin is a principle.