Gay Agenda?

I see this term being thrown around a lot. What does it mean?

Are all evil homosexuals planning on “converting” the pious and righteous straight people and making them into flaming evil gays? One day we’ll wake up, and everybody in the world will be “infected” or “jump on the gay bandwagon”? It’s what it sounds like to me.

I mean, it’s not like they just want to be treated like human beings, that’s just ridiculous. Quite clearly, we can shame the homosexuals into being straight. If me make sure it’s not “cool”, then none of the kids will do it, right?

Or does it mean something else entirely? Help me out here people, I’m thoroughly confused.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
I see this term being thrown around a lot. What does it mean?

Are all evil homosexuals planning on “converting” the pious and righteous straight people and making them into flaming evil gays? One day we’ll wake up, and everybody in the world will be “infected” or “jump on the gay bandwagon”? It’s what it sounds like to me.

I mean, it’s not like they just want to be treated like human beings, that’s just ridiculous. Quite clearly, we can shame the homosexuals into being straight. If me make sure it’s not “cool”, then none of the kids will do it, right?

Or does it mean something else entirely? Help me out here people, I’m thoroughly confused.[/quote]

A little research will help you out. Seems you already have your mind made up as to what it is.

I think you should have a little bit more intellectual honesty.

If you want to start a thread bashing conservative America - then have the balls to state it up front. I’m pretty sure most of us are big enough to take whatever backhanded comments you have to make without pretending to be “confused”.

Good Lord.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
If you want to start a thread bashing conservative America[/quote]

Let’s not limit this to America. I’m simply stating that I hear the term “gay agenda” thrown around a lot, and in several different contexts. I’m more than a little confused as to it’s meaning now.

Why won’t this site let me post?

EDIT: Oh, the irony.

I thought real conservatives didn’t give a shit what gays did in there own home… and own movies… ect.

Conservatives should have no problem with homosexuality in general… right?

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
I thought real conservatives didn’t give a shit what gays did in there own home… and own movies… ect.

Conservatives should have no problem with homosexuality in general… right?[/quote]

You answered your own question. “…in there own home…”.

Go think about it for a minute.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

Go think about it for a minute. [/quote]

Is that the extent of the so-called agenda? Making it publicly acceptable?

Rainjack is a little worried he’ll get turned on if they do anything in public.

[quote]Makavali wrote:

Is that the extent of the so-called agenda? Making it publicly acceptable?[/quote]

The so-called “agenda” is, presumably, about using public policy to generate benefits for homosexuals and their relationships: discrimination protection in employment, the creation of gay marriage, etc.

And, ultimately, the goal is cultural acceptance.

But, a little internet research could go a long way - particularly since you are a proponent of said agenda, you may want to actually learn what it is you are so vehemently in support of, don’t you think?

[quote]Makavali wrote:
rainjack wrote:

Go think about it for a minute.

Is that the extent of the so-called agenda? Making it publicly acceptable?[/quote]

No.

[quote]AndyG wrote:
Rainjack is a little worried he’ll get turned on if they do anything in public.[/quote]

The fact that you are so worried about what gives me an erection is quite flattering, but I would appreciate it if you would have the common decency to conduct such sexual advances via PM.

Thanks.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:

I thought real conservatives didn’t give a shit what gays did in there own home… and own movies… ect.[/quote]

Depends - conservatives are generally old liberals, and many conservatives simply believe that the government has no business regulating that behavior.

Thinking that government shouldn’t regulate/penalize private behavior is not the same thing as thinking it is “fabulous”.

Many conservatives don’t like what gay culture is contributing to in the larger culture - that is, the emasculation of American culture. The knee jerk reaction is to shriek “homophobia!”, but that would be incorrect on the basis that conservatives disapprove of many other phenomena “effeminizing” American culture, and they damn them all the same for that effect.

The point I raise with that example is this - you can think something silly, frivolous, stupid, downright objectionable, and not want it around as a social matter, but still think that the government has no business outlawing it.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Beowolf wrote:

Depends - conservatives are generally old liberals, and many conservatives simply believe that the government has no business regulating that behavior.

Conservatives should have no problem with homosexuality in general… right?

Thinking that government shouldn’t regulate/penalize private behavior is not the same thing as thinking it is “fabulous”.

Many conservatives don’t like what gay culture is contributing to in the larger culture - that is, the emasculation of American culture. The knee jerk reaction is to shriek “homophobia!”, but that would be incorrect on the basis that conservatives disapprove of many other phenomena “effeminizing” American culture, and they damn them all the same for that effect.

The point I raise with that example is this - you can think something silly, frivolous, stupid, downright objectionable, and not want it around as a social matter, but still think that the government has no business outlawing it.[/quote]

Fuck that was well said.

Here’s a gay agenda.

The so-called “agenda” is, presumably, about using public policy to generate benefits for homosexuals and their relationships: discrimination protection in employment, the creation of gay marriage, etc.

And, ultimately, the goal is cultural acceptance.

But, a little internet research could go a long way - particularly since you are a proponent of said agenda, you may want to actually learn what it is you are so vehemently in support of, don’t you think?[/quote]

See I was wanting to make sure what I actually support and what is meant were the same thing. Hence my asking.

So the goal is cultural acceptance. What’s wrong with that?

[quote]etaco wrote:
Here’s a gay agenda.[/quote]

That’s pretty gay.

Many conservatives don’t like what gay culture is contributing to in the larger culture - that is, the emasculation of American culture. The knee jerk reaction is to shriek “homophobia!”, but that would be incorrect on the basis that conservatives disapprove of many other phenomena “effeminizing” American culture, and they damn them all the same for that effect.[/quote]

Effeminizing? I don’t think I’d pinpoint that at all on gay people. Not all gay men are effeminate, and not all straight men are masculine in the traditional sense.

Fair enough.

[quote]Makavali wrote:

So the goal is cultural acceptance. What’s wrong with that?[/quote]

Did someone suggest that gays shouldn’t be able to push their agenda?

[quote]Makavali wrote:

Effeminizing? I don’t think I’d pinpoint that at all on gay people. Not all gay men are effeminate, and not all straight men are masculine in the traditional sense.[/quote]

Well, if you had any basic reading comprehension, you would seen that I said exactly that in my post:

There are plenty of phenomena “effeminizing” American culture - gay culture is one of several.