Gastrointestinal Distress

Lately I’ve been getting cramps during practice. I figure its probably due to the fact that I just started up taking some ephedrine/caffiene(16mg/200mg) before my wrestling practices.

I was just wondering if there is anyway to reduce the cramping? I also take in about 30-40g protein, 60-100g of carbs about 1.5hours before practice. If that may be relative to it.

sounds like hydration prob as in not enough as well prob lacking electrolytes, Potassium and sodium

Phill

I thought it mightve been hydration too, although i do usually drink about 1L or so within the hour or two before practice, i practice in a heated room and often dont drink too much throughout the course of a 1-1.5hour practice.

[quote]Rookie21 wrote:
I thought it mightve been hydration too, although i do usually drink about 1L or so within the hour or two before practice, i practice in a heated room and often dont drink too much throughout the course of a 1-1.5hour practice.[/quote]

If you’re mostly drinking water…try switching to a sports drink that has (like Phil suggested) sodium and potassium.

Your other option is to just supplement with an electrolyte pill directly, like this one:

(I have no financial interest in that company but DO use some of their products for long bike rides/runs)