T Nation

Gastrointestinal Bloat

Just a general inquiry. Do any of you get gas/bloat when NOT eating? I’ve noticed this alot. Days when I eat more (especially more frequently) I don’t get gas, then all of a sudden a day comes and I can’t eat as much, I get bloat.

[quote]forbes wrote:
Just a general inquiry. Do any of you get gas/bloat when NOT eating? I’ve noticed this alot. Days when I eat more (especially more frequently) I don’t get gas, then all of a sudden a day comes and I can’t eat as much, I get bloat.[/quote]

Strange… can’t say I have. Personally, if I don’t eat a whole lot, then I can barely shit as it is.

Sorry for the lack of help and bluntness, but I’m interested to see other responses on this topic as well.

Have you been tested for food allergies? My wife has celiacs (gluten intolerasnce) and someties doesn’t feel it until a day or two later.

Bump

Bump again

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

when you eat a lot of protein, you get a lot of gas as byproduct. To avoid this inconvenience, take a pill or two of digestive enzymes. You’ll see the next day, the “bloating” won’t bother you anymore.

ALso increase your water intake. Plus, Gas isnt a bad thing. It is an intriguing function, with a curious noise and an otherwordly smell.

Take advantage of the gas.

1. Cupping a fart- When a friend is nearby and you notice that bloaty fart feeling, cup your butthole and fart into it. Hold it there for a good 20 secs, then cup your friends face for a gas mask

2. The Squat rack is yours- no one wants to use the squat rack if the previous squatter emits seepages of fart. THe smell just lingers around, the gym is a humid place.

3. Focus on other things- I think when a girl farts, its nasty. So while the opposite sex is interested less gassy females, you have less distraction. Less distraction equals better concentration on your fitness and gas goals.

I have not been tested for a food allergy, but I have made an appointment for next week.

Yes, I’ll give the digestive enzymes a try. I truly hope they help. Is there a particular brand you recommend?

As for the advantages of gas, that did intrigue me. That made me spit my food out of my mouth. As for the squat rack, I work out at home, so unfortunately theres no one else to repulse :wink:

Thanks guys.

Forbes, any update on your testing?