Gas-x and/or Imodium Pre-Workout

I am trying to get my girlfriend to lift with me/sometimes she is over when I am lifting, and I do not want to chance not having control of gas or having to keep running to the bathroom if I am having diarrhea. I know it is not good that, that happens, but it is only occasionally.

So my question is, do you think either of these would affect performance when taken pre-workout?
e.g. strength, protein synthesis, nitric oxide production, lactic acid buffering, etc.

Maybe you should consider other factors in your diet?

tweet

[quote]theBird wrote:
Maybe you should consider other factors in your diet?

tweet[/quote]

I have mild IBS. I also take baking soda and creatine, so sometimes they give me diarrhea and/or gas. I just need to know what I asked.

I live on a lot of protein shakes. After workouts, throughout the day, and before bed. I take creatine every day. I found that taking acidophilus along with digestive enzymes after every protein shake and with whole meals makes all the difference in the world. I experience no upset stomach or any type of gas at all. They are both cheep and for me, they do the trick. Give them a try. They may work as good for you as they do for me.
Hope this helps.

x2 on digestive enzymes

[quote]duke6j wrote:
I live on a lot of protein shakes. After workouts, throughout the day, and before bed. I take creatine every day. I found that taking acidophilus along with digestive enzymes after every protein shake and with whole meals makes all the difference in the world. I experience no upset stomach or any type of gas at all. They are both cheep and for me, they do the trick. Give them a try. They may work as good for you as they do for me.
Hope this helps.[/quote]

Thanks, I will give them a try.