Gas Station Robbery

[quote]Soulja874 wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Regardless of how much attention someone is paying to their surroundings, you can’t go pulling your gun on every shady looking motherfucker. That’s a quick way to lose your gun priveleges.[/quote]

No one said you had to shoot them. Pistol whippin is just as effective.[/quote]

Even pulling out your gun when it’s deemed unnecessary will get your privileges revoked pretty fast in most places. Generally, the state doesn’t fuck around with tom foolery involving guns.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Regardless of how much attention someone is paying to their surroundings, you can’t go pulling your gun on every shady looking motherfucker. That’s a quick way to lose your gun priveleges.[/quote]

Being aware of someone headed straight towards you does not cause loss of privileges. Even beginning the reach for it implying you are strapped to deter an aggressor is also NOT against the law.[/quote]

You’re acting as if it’s an impossibility for you to be mugged. While being aware of your surroundings helps, it can happen to anyone.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

Being aware of someone headed straight towards you does not cause loss of privileges. Even beginning the reach for it implying you are strapped to deter an aggressor is also NOT against the law.[/quote]

You’re acting as if it’s an impossibility for you to be mugged. While being aware of your surroundings helps, it can happen to anyone.[/quote]

I didn’t say that at all. I EXPECT for someone to attempt to rob me every single fucking time I leave the house. If it doesn’t happen, I don’t start cheering like I won the championship game. I just move on to expecting it again the next day.

That means, YES, at 3am at stop lights with no other cars on the road, my music gets turned down and I am looking all around me.

That means, YES, when at a fucking gas station at night, I am watching every single fucker who crosses in front of me.

What I don’t understand…are people who apparently do NOT think this way.

I was driving home at 3am this morning and noticed a “nonthreatening guy” waving for a hitchhike. Clearly, I should have stopped. He was “non threatening” so no red flags were raised.[/quote]

lol okay let’s play the “extreme hypothetical situation” game.

I was at a gas station the other day, and somebody walked towards me and made eye contact. Clearly, I should have put six rounds in his chest and blown my rape whistle. He wasn’t wearing his “Don’t Worry I Won’t Stab You” t-shirt so I went on high alert.

I didn’t say that at all. I said I EXPECT for someone to attempt to rob me every single fucking time I leave the house. If it doesn’t happen, I don’t start cheering like I won the championship game. I just move on to expecting it again the next day.

That means, YES, at 3am at stop lights with no other cars on the road, my music gets turned down and I am looking all around me.

That means, YES, when at a fucking gas station at night, I am watching every single fucker who crosses in front of me.

[/quote]

Wow. That seems crazy to me. Not that it is since we live in different parts of the world. But I don’t often see someone who I register as ‘threatening guy’. I certainly pay attention but not on quite as much of a conscious level.

I think anyone around here would make easy prey for a robbery. I have had a robbery attempt in another country but he was unarmed.

[quote]WormwoodTheory wrote:

I was driving home at 3am this morning and noticed a “nonthreatening guy” waving for a hitchhike. Clearly, I should have stopped. He was “non threatening” so no red flags were raised.[/quote]

lol okay let’s play the “extreme hypothetical situation” game.

I was at a gas station the other day, and somebody walked towards me and made eye contact. Clearly, I should have put six rounds in his chest and blown my rape whistle. He wasn’t wearing his “Don’t Worry I Won’t Stab You” t-shirt so I went on high alert.

[/quote]

Why the living hell would ANYONE be walking right towards you at a gas station? If you don’t see them going back to their car, why are they walking at you?

Shouldn’t ANYONE walking towards you like that raise some red flags? Are you incapable of noticing a potentially negative situation or making the move to show you are prepared for it without letting a round off?

If you are, then why the FUCK do you have a gun?

Isn’t the real issue why people so damned relaxed in public environments that people can just randomly walk up on them are carrying guns to start with? Trained individuals look for POTENTIAL THREATS. They don’t wait until the threat is on them.

That would mean some of you aren’t trained yet are armed. How pleasant.

[quote]NAUn wrote:

[quote]but I would think that if someone with a gun has every intention to rob you, and does not start shaking like a bitch and give away his intentions, then he is the one who really gets to dictate how the situation goes, regardless of whether you have a weapon or not.
[/quote]

I was assuming his friend’s nephews were working at the gas station since attendants are normally the ones who get held up.
[/quote]

No they were just up there at the time.

[quote]debraD wrote:

I didn’t say that at all. I said I EXPECT for someone to attempt to rob me every single fucking time I leave the house. If it doesn’t happen, I don’t start cheering like I won the championship game. I just move on to expecting it again the next day.

[/quote]

Wow. That seems crazy to me. Not that it is since we live in different parts of the world. But I don’t often see someone who I register as ‘threatening guy’. I certainly pay attention but not on quite as much of a conscious level.

I think anyone around here would make easy prey for a robbery. I have had a robbery attempt in another country but he was unarmed.[/quote]

If you never see someone who looks “threatening”, then yes, it is because of where you live.

I just found out more info. The reason he was at the gas station was to buy weed. He was supposed to meet the guys to buy weed from them, but there was no weed. They ended up robbing them instead.

2 guys were caught “sleeping” at a gas station, that’s all this sounds like. Sometimes people that carry are the ones who lower there guard the fastest. It gives them a false confidence.

When I moved out of Brooklyn To Florida I was told that you could tell I was not raised there. I always looked around, never smiled much and would not talk when holding money/wallet in my hands. Funny thing is this had to be pointed out to me since it was just habbit.

Your nephews were caught with there guard down. There lucky they just got robbed.

I think the problem is…there should never even be a “non threatening guy”. [/quote]

lol…dude, fuck yea.

No stranger coming up on me is non-threatening. Call me paranoid, but I’m looking at every asshole rolling up on me to “bum a cigarette” as a potential threat. Basically, I’m looking at everyone as a potential threat…lol…

And I grew up in a pretty crime free suburb on Long Island.

Do all you actually think this way? That no matter what, you’re not safe? You should be conscious of every dude that talks, looks, walks up to you? This thread makes me SO GLAD that I don’t live in places where guns are allowed to be carried around freely. How terrible is it that you have to look over your shoulder where ever you go? I guess if you had a problem with it, you could just move. However you’re staying put and it doesn’t seem to bother you, so bravo to all you who deal with this every day.

[quote]clip11 wrote:
I just found out more info. The reason he was at the gas station was to buy weed. He was supposed to meet the guys to buy weed from them, but there was no weed. They ended up robbing them instead.[/quote]

Lol, then it was completely their fault. Drug dealers are and should be considered the shadiest MFers of all time.

There is no excuse for getting caught with your pants down in that situation. Honestly, there is no excuse for getting yourself into that situation in the first place.

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:
Do all you actually think this way? That no matter what, you’re not safe? You should be conscious of every dude that talks, looks, walks up to you? This thread makes me SO GLAD that I don’t live in places where guns are allowed to be carried around freely. How terrible is it that you have to look over your shoulder where ever you go? I guess if you had a problem with it, you could just move. However you’re staying put and it doesn’t seem to bother you, so bravo to all you who deal with this every day. [/quote]

Lol, yeah, the problem must be that guns are allowed to be carried.

/sarcasm.

(I won’t post further on the subject to avoid getting it moved to PWI)

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:
Do all you actually think this way? That no matter what, you’re not safe? You should be conscious of every dude that talks, looks, walks up to you? This thread makes me SO GLAD that I don’t live in places where guns are allowed to be carried around freely. How terrible is it that you have to look over your shoulder where ever you go? I guess if you had a problem with it, you could just move. However you’re staying put and it doesn’t seem to bother you, so bravo to all you who deal with this every day. [/quote]

Guns don’t cause the problem. They’re just one of the methods used to accomplish something. A tool. If guns are outlawed, then criminals with guns will be MUCH more confident when robbing someone, and would be prone to do it more often. Even if the criminals SOMEHOW couldn’t get their hands on a gun, they would just use knives. In a way, more effective. Quiet, fast, even easier to conceal. Or should knives be outlawed too? How about anything sharp?

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:

Lol, yeah, the problem must be that guns are allowed to be carried.

/sarcasm.

(I won’t post further on the subject to avoid getting it moved to PWI)[/quote]

Oops…I went there. lol.

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:

The guns aren’t the issue. I am amazed anyone living in America really thinks they can let their guard down completely. Honestly, this world has never been that safe. If you have been allowed to think it is, then count yourself lucky for the blissful cover of ignorance.

You live in Canada. Canada is NOT like Compton.

haha and I carefully worded my post to not infer gun laws or lack of had anything to do with anything to avoid an argument.

I originally said “I’m so glad no one carries guns around here!” but took that out.

Not that I care to argue that. I am still glad but I’m not going to get into the debate of what makes it different.

Hahahah weed. This is some funny shit.

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:

The guns aren’t the issue. I am amazed anyone living in America really thinks they can let their guard down completely. Honestly, this world has never been that safe. If you have been allowed to think it is, then count yourself lucky for the blissful cover of ignorance.

You live in Canada. Canada is NOT like Compton.[/quote]

There are places in Canada where I avoid (places in Toronto and surrounding area). I don’t go there because the chances of me getting stabbed, shot, mugged, etc. are increased dramatically. I just find it interesting that a lot of the Americans replying to this thread are reacting the same way, that “we have to watch our backs and always keep a look out”.

Where I live, the chances of me getting in a confrontation like the gas station scenario is about the same as me winning the lottery. Even when I lived in Boston for 4 years I didn’t feel that I had to watch my back, but that’s probably because of the scenario I was in and my own upbringing (living in Canada)

Also, my post before wasn’t meant to say guns ARE the problem. However I think it may be a contributing factor.