T Nation

Gas Prices Keep Increasing Because...

Let’s hear it from you folks. Why do gas prices keep increasing?

Thanks in advance.

floripa

Speculation.

Booming economy increases demand.

Instability in the M.E.

In that order.

[quote]florianopolis wrote:
Let’s hear it from you folks. Why do gas prices keep increasing? [/quote]

Because it doesn’t grow on trees.

A company wants more money and can use the middle east as an excuse?

[quote]florianopolis wrote:
Let’s hear it from you folks. Why do gas prices keep increasing?

Thanks in advance.

floripa[/quote]

We haven’t used Iraqi oil to enrich ourselves at their expense.

JeffR

After Katrina the oil companies learned that Americans will pay higher prices without reducing usage.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Because you gotta get, while the getting’s good. The Big Oil President is on his way out. Democrats are calling for investigations into gas price manipulation. Until somebody stops them, the gas companies will charge whatever prices they think the market can bear. And since our whole economy revolves around gasoline, the market can bear a lot.

That’s how prices are set for products… what will the market bear. The price of raw materials and production is merely a footnote. This is true in all other unregulated markets, so I don’t see why the gas market would be any different… unless somebody wants to tell me that these companies are all owned by philanthropists.

I doubt it, since oil and energy companies are the most profitable sector in the American economy, and the oil companies had record setting profits last year.

Peak Oil or some would have us believe

Don’t forget that a big part of the price is made up of taxes.

Don’t forget that a big part of the price is made up of taxes.

…because people who own Exxon enjoy dividends?

Anyone who doesn’t see the connection between radical environmentalism and rising gas prices is refusing to connect dots. If society, under the influence of environmentalist whackos, prevents drilling for oil or building refineries, then guess what happens to the price?

Meanwhile, the brainless public continually blames Big Oil. Too stupid to understand capitalism, they go on bizarre witch hunts to attack those who produce. Wait until no one is willing to produce their oil for them, if all they get is spit on for their efforts. Fucking morons.

Acording to fox News the rise in gas price is Liberal myth

…it’s what the market will bear?

[quote]Brad61 wrote:
Because you gotta get, while the getting’s good. The Big Oil President is on his way out. Democrats are calling for investigations into gas price manipulation. Until somebody stops them, the gas companies will charge whatever prices they think the market can bear. And since our whole economy revolves around gasoline, the market can bear a lot.

That’s how prices are set for products… what will the market bear. The price of raw materials and production is merely a footnote. This is true in all other unregulated markets, so I don’t see why the gas market would be any different… unless somebody wants to tell me that these companies are all owned by philanthropists.

I doubt it, since oil and energy companies are the most profitable sector in the American economy, and the oil companies had record setting profits last year.[/quote]

So you think that Hilly or Obama will sweep into office and the Oil companies will suddenly slash prices? What are you? 16? 17 years old?

[quote]LNEX wrote:
Acording to fox News the rise in gas price is Liberal myth[/quote]

We can all dream of a day when you can once again pay a buck for a gallon of gas and get our news from CNN. I mean…SURE they have hired most of Clinton’s former staffers as on-air talent…but there IS NO liberal bias! Understand? If they SAY it…it must be true…well…'cause they tell the truth, right?

http://consumerist.com/consumer/features/why-is-gas-so-freakin-expensive-263887.php

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
After THE FIRST GULF WAR the oil companies learned that Americans will pay higher prices without reducing usage.

[/quote]

Fixed that for ya. This has been going on since then. Americans, being the idiots that they are, just kept buying SUVs and driving a lot. We have to impress the Joneses you know!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
…because people who own Exxon enjoy dividends?

Anyone who doesn’t see the connection between radical environmentalism and rising gas prices is refusing to connect dots. If society, under the influence of environmentalist whackos, prevents drilling for oil or building refineries, then guess what happens to the price?

Meanwhile, the brainless public continually blames Big Oil. Too stupid to understand capitalism, they go on bizarre witch hunts to attack those who produce. Wait until no one is willing to produce their oil for them, if all they get is spit on for their efforts. Fucking morons.[/quote]

Meanwhile, in Alberta and Sri Lanka more oil was extracted out of the ground from the newly implemented sites while HeadHunter was blaming Mr. Environmentalist.

Its all Mr. Environmental’s fault. Because he buys a nice fuel efficient car to use less oil and like to support renewable energy like Hydro and Wind power. Its also because he like to buy more energy efficient appliances.

Yes. Its all his fault. By using less oil, there is none left for everyone else.