Gary Null: Crackpot?

Realized the guy is a recent-ish phenomenon, did a little wikipedia’ing:

"He has a PhD in “Interdisciplinary Studies” from Union Institute & University, a private college that gives degrees by correspondence from Cincinnati, Ohio. According to Null, his thesis was titled, “A Study of Psychological and Physiological Effects of Caffeine on Human Health.”

Union Institute & University is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, but its accreditation does not cover awarding of PhDs in the sciences, only in the humanities. Null is a New York State Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist."

“Gary Null is also a promoter of AIDS denialism, the belief that HIV is harmless or does not exist, and is not the cause of AIDS. Null sells self-produced films on his website that promote AIDS denialism.”

Goes on and on pretty much with your normal anti-vaccination etc etc.

Guy a crackpot or a genius?

[quote]CapnYousef wrote:
Realized the guy is a recent-ish phenomenon, did a little wikipedia’ing:

"He has a PhD in “Interdisciplinary Studies” from Union Institute & University, a private college that gives degrees by correspondence from Cincinnati, Ohio. According to Null, his thesis was titled, “A Study of Psychological and Physiological Effects of Caffeine on Human Health.”

Union Institute & University is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, but its accreditation does not cover awarding of PhDs in the sciences, only in the humanities. Null is a New York State Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist."

“Gary Null is also a promoter of AIDS denialism, the belief that HIV is harmless or does not exist, and is not the cause of AIDS. Null sells self-produced films on his website that promote AIDS denialism.”

Goes on and on pretty much with your normal anti-vaccination etc etc.

Guy a crackpot or a genius?[/quote]

Read one of his books and see for yourself.
We have one of them and I’ve taken some sensible advice from it.

I had no idea of this “AIDS Denialism” thing, however.

He is a crackpot and has no extensive training and education in nutrition! Case closed. I can elaborate tomorrow.

He is NOT a REGISTERED DIETITIAN (RD); that is, he doesn’t have an undergraduate degree in nutrition-dietetics and never went through a 6 to 12 month dietetic internship and passed the RD exam.

He is a LICENSED DIETITIAN-NUTRITIONIST (LDN)! There is a BIG difference between the two!

You can be both, but if you’re an LDN without being an RD, you’re severely lacking in nutrition education and training compared with an RD.

Be back tomorrow (well, maybe). I think I made my point.

And I don’t give a rat’s ass about what some self titled “nutritionist” says on AIDS denialism in the same way that I don’t give a rat’s ass about Koresh – cough, cough, I mean Charles Poliquin – writing or speaking on his theories on the cures for cancers. (Yeah, some of the more sensible think that’s in the field of oncology which is practiced by oncologists!)