GarageRocker's Balancing Act

BAJ looks sweet! I’ve done Coffinworm (and likely will again after the Leviathan cycle) and am real partial to it. Set lifetime PRs each time I’ve run it.

2 Likes

Update. I have no energy or motivation to lift right now and have no idea why. My body feels exhausted and has for about a week. My neck issue might actually be a rotator cuff issue on my right shoulder that’s working its way to my neck. Will keep tabs on that.

So, why do I feel so rough and have so little motivation? Potential reasons:

1. Busy with life right now - every weekend from 9/1-10/31 is booked with either travel or activities. Band is busy, and trying to see family more.

2. Lot of non-lifting physical activity - 9/11 memorial stair climb, followed by 90 holes of golf this weekend.

3. Music is taking a bit of a priority right now because I want to get better and I enjoy it.

4. House projects - deep cleaning, going through our shit, building things

5. Slowly learning to relax. It will be all-consuming at first, but eventually I’m gonna get good at relaxing when I can. For 26 or so years, I was go-go-go 24/7 and never relaxed at all. Have been getting better at it lately and might have fully figured it out. Now just need to learn how to turn it on/off when I need to.

7 Likes

I hope you feel better soon garage

1 Like

It’s good to see you taking care of yourself

1 Like

9/23/2021 - Limited Time A W2 D2

Last night I came home from work, laid down on the couch and watched Scooby Doo and Ed, Edd, n’ Eddy with my wife. Did nothing else. I feel a lot better today, have some energy, and woke up ready to go.

Agile 8
Plyo Push ups - 2 x 5

Deadlift - 385 x 3

Press 140 x 6

Kroc Rows - 105 lbs - 40 reps/arm

Things felt a bit alien, as I expected after an odd layoff and a lot of physical activity, but overall today was a good lift. Felt really nice to get moving again and to get into a bit of a groove.

7 Likes

9/27/2021 - Limited Time Anchor W3D1

Agile 8
2 x 5 plyo push ups

Squat - 370 x 7

Bench - 245 x 7

Kroc Rows - 105 lbs - 45 reps/arm

I’m back to myself now. Had the extra gear to push the lifts the right way and I had a lot of fun with this today. Caught myself jamming to my music a lot between sets and just being in the moment of lifting, which is why I do it in the first place. Ready to give BBB some hell.

7 Likes

Holy shit.

2 Likes

Holy ouch. Love/hate those things.

2 Likes

9/30/2021 - Limited Time Anchor W3 D2

Agile 8
Plyo pushups - 2 x 5

Deadlift - 405 x 5 - groin

Press - 145 x 5

Kroc Rows - 105 lbs - 30 reps/arm

Super disruptive session today thanks to work meetings, so not shocked I couldn’t push the boundaries too much. Elbows and groin have been sore. Got the work done and finished out Limited Time on a good note. Still need my assistance days tomorrow and Saturday, going to try and get some sandbag work in and do some good bodyweight stuff on the other day.

5 Likes

Am I correct in remembering that you’ve done both the Coffinworm and Pervertor templates?

Yep! Pervertor twice and Coffinworm once. I’m planning to use BBB as a lead-in to Coffinworm through the winter actually. Hoping to add some size first and then parlay that into some PR’s.

1 Like

What would your brief review of each be? I’m probably gonna run both of them at different points in the coming year.

Take 'em with a grain of salt:

Pervertor - probably my favorite program because you don’t do anything long enough to get bored. Added size, ended up in better shape, technique was reinforced. I’d say I got stronger but have no concrete proof of it.

Coffinworm - ran it 3 days/week instead of 4. Absolute fucking ballbuster and I ran it with an 85% TM. Dreaded training sessions and was in constant pain. Gained a lot of weight, probably my 2nd fluffiest I’ve ever been from eating to just try and break even recovery-wise. Set 3 or 4 lifetime PRs on it.

They actually work really well back-to-back. Pervertor gives you a lot of practice, Coffinworm helps you realize the strength you build.

4 Likes

Good to know. Thanks!

Sheet for BBB

2 Likes

10/4/2021 - BBB L1W1D1

Up and moving, trying to get downstairs sooner in my day.

Agile 8
2 x 5 box jumps - these felt way easier than normal, I cleared my 30" box by 8-12"

Squat
45 x 5
140 x 5
175 x 5
210 x 3
245 x 5
280 x 5
320 x 5

245 - 5 x 10 - fuck my whole fucking life this sucked

Assistance
Plate raise - 25 lbs - 25, 15
Hanging leg lifts - 3 x 10
BB curl - 45 lbs - 3 x 10

This was one of the more painful training sessions of my life, but the pain was all muscular. My legs, low back, hips, and lungs are on fire. Curls burned my biceps out something fierce, and hanging leg lifts really dared my abs to cramp. I needed this. Now I need to eat a lot - goals are 200g protein from whole food only, plus 50 grams from my shake, and 250g carbs. Will have a few higher fat days too but they’ll happen incidentally. I want to take 6 weeks and bust my ass to gain some good weight.

9 Likes

Perfectly sums up BBB squats.

1 Like

Adding in morning weight of 201.4 lbs.

Goal after 6 weeks is in the 210-212 range.

1 Like

Yep, I think you did this right.

1 Like

10/5/2021 - BBB L1 W1 D2

Up and moving, chugged water and pre workout.

Agile 8
Plyo Push-ups - 2 x 5

Bench
45 x 5
95 x 5
115 x 5
140 x 3
165 x 5
190 x 5
215 x 5

165 - 5 x 10

Assistance
TRX rows - 15, 15, 10
Ab wheel - 3 x 10
Banded triceps pressdowns - 2 x 25

This took exactly 58 minutes counting the warmup, which I’m pretty proud of. Bench was easy until the last 2 sets of BBB. Assistance was good, rows were a ball buster. Ready to eat.

4 Likes