Garage HIIT Ideas?

Hey all -

I’m looking for some ideas for a HIIT cardio routine that can be performed within the confines of my garage. Any ideas?

• Static

[quote]Static wrote:
Hey all -

I’m looking for some ideas for a HIIT cardio routine that can be performed within the confines of my garage. Any ideas?

• Static[/quote]

Mind telling us what you have in your garage?

Geek boy

Jumprope and dumbell swings/snatches, do 10 swings/snatches each arm and then jump for a minute. The jumprope is not rest, go hard. Do five to eight rounds.

You can also do minute drills. Set a timer for 30sec. Start with burpees, do them for thirty sec. whenthe timer goes off do DB swings with your right hand, timer goes off sitch to the left, timer goes off back to burpees for 30 sec. rest one minute and repeat for 4-6 rounds.

That should be a good start, BTW you can use almost any exercise combo for these drills.

If you want a pre-packaged program that’s challenging, effective and yet easy to follow, try Chad Waterbury’s GPP ASAP routine (search articles). All you need for one of the exercises is a pull-up bar - the others just need body weight, a stop-watch and maybe something to puke in.

WiZlon

Try “The Tabata Method” by Dan John. Guaranteed to make you vomit and lose fat!

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=490160

Honestly anything that consist of low resistance and that you can go ALL out and then recover. rinse and repeat.

Like above I have done jump rope, just jumping, dl’s, various light O-Lifts, Just get creative.

Thanks for the ideas… please keep them coming!

Geekboy - All I have in my garage to work with is a jump rope, a heavy bag, and a pull-up bar (no dumbells, kettlebells, etc.)

• Static