Garage Gym

Hi! I moved to a different country, money is short right now but fortunatedly I have a small gym in my garage- it’s also used as a storage by my landlord there is serious problem with free place( to do deadlift and then benchpress I’ ve got to move thing around).

Before moving I used to do loaded carries every second day and I really miss their impact on my body. Are there any alternatives for them? Marching in one place for a period of time would do? Any advices? It’s pouring outside usually this time of year.

If it’s your equipment you’re worried about, go buy some old gym bags and fill them with heavy stuff or buy some jerry cans (camping stores will sell all sorts of large oddly shaped water containers with handles) and fill with water and get out there.

If it’s you you’re worried about, toughen up and get out there.

[quote]warburg wrote:
Before moving I used to do loaded carries every second day and I really miss their impact on my body. Are there any alternatives for them? Marching in one place for a period of time would do?[/quote]
Low step-ups are a decent, not perfect, alternative. I could’ve sworn I stole the idea from Ben Bruno, but I can’t find the video right now.

Basically use an aerobic step or anything similarly short and sturdy, so you’re not quite marching in place but are actually doing high rep/low height step-ups. I’ve even used the first rung of a short step-ladder for this and it’s been fine as a short-term substitute.

[quote]tsantos wrote:
If it’s you you’re worried about, toughen up and get out there.[/quote]
This is always a good option too.