Gaming and All Its Glory

I got Skyrim a few days ago (just marked down at Gamestop). I had played it on the 360 and picked up the version for XB1. Going the mage route this time starting with the college quests. The only ‘weapon’ I use is a bound sword - feels liberating.

Skyrim is insane, you can get sidetracked for weeks by taking a left turn instead of a right turn in that game.

3 Likes

Iv done all the companions, college of winterhold, dawn guard, killed miraak (actually hermaus more or whatever spiked him ) and the main questline and now i just go arouns wreaking havok on those who dare oppose me MWA HAHAHA. I need to do the thieves guild quest and i cant do the assassins or whatever because i killed them :cry:

1 Like

Just picked up Metal Gear Solid V - had never got around to playing it. Holy shit this game is deep. Crazy good story with awesome voice acting, complex control system, huge open world, RPG / TPS / stealth game. First half takes place in Afghanistan in the 80’s when the Mujahideen was fighting the Russians and you’re right in the middle. You also have to build a base on a oil platform, kidnapping enemies by knocking them out and attaching a balloon to them that your air support captures, and then you have to decide how to use these new recruits to develop weapons, provide support in missions (yep, you can call in helio’s during battles if you have to go loud), recon areas, or other crazy Kojami shit. It’s insane - it’s about 12 games in one. Horse back riding, car stealing, blowing shit up, making guns, looting, world building, fire shooting crazies riding unicorns, zombies, Russians, Afghans, CQB, sniping, air support, resource management, and on and on. And the main character is voiced by Keifer Sutherland,

I would put this in the 10 category up there with the likes of Skyrim and Rainbow 6 Siege,

Best. Game. Ever!

I bought it a week before I got laid off from work a few years ago. The 1st 3weeks after I lost my job I was in my room playing it non-stop. My whole family thought I was depressed from losing my job!

I no longer play it due to it having a heroine like effect on me :yum:

Skyrim is definitely a great game. Is anyone getting ESO Morrowind?

Played Wasteland 2 a bit and man, it’s definitely not a spiritual successor to Fallout 2. Not to say it’s bad or anything but controlling one man beats controlling a 4 man team anyday.

I used to play Halo

Some cool videos dropped for Destiny 2 yesterday.

Love video games, have gotten away from them since I’ve gotten married, mostly Battlefield 4 with my buddies from back home, good way to stay in touch and talk a bunch of shit. Has anyone (close to this generation) realized we are going to be the easiest nursing home patients ever? Give me a new console with a headset and GTFO of my room hahaha

5 Likes

Lol, no kidding. I was just telling my buddy the other day, “Man I need this business to take off so I can retire and finally play some damn video games again!”

Do you have any games to recommend? Role playing games where you have the power to basically do whatever you want.

I used to love video games. I still do from time-to-time, but their ability to suck me in has diminished so much.

I’m getting back into Magic: The Gathering. I played it when it first came out back in the 90’s and loved it. The game has advanced so much and they really did a good job with all of the mechanics.

Real life

1 Like

Eh, can’t really cheat my stats/attributes with no repercussions in real life. That and who doesn’t love the quick save/load feature? Man, you know you wish you had such an option in life.

Would be cool if you could go out do something illegal then just reopen your save from the morning you woke up whilst remembering it, that’d be handy.

For actual games with role playing I heard Minecraft’s good as well fallout.

Exactly.

I’ve already tried both haha.

1 Like

Nah, nothing like that. The original Fallouts had a greater capacity for evil compared to modern games, but in terms of actual “do whatever you want”, I don’t think there is anything like that out there.

Oh well, guess I gotta stick with my imagination then.

1 Like

I took to writing for a while. Enjoyed that. Also, there is always classic pen and paper RPGs. If you have a good group, it can get pretty crazy.

1 Like

On games that allow you to be evil…

The Civilization series allows you to be pretty evil, but not on an individual level. You can conquer your neighbors, launch nuclear weapons, raze cities, wage holy wars, loot, plunder, be worse than Hitler if you want. You can’t build concentration camps but you can totally commit genocide.

Older versions of the game had a slavery mechanic too. The new ones sort of have that, but the liberal do-gooders had to have the term scrubbed from the game. Because offensive.

Black and White is an older game that lets you play as a god. You can be a good and helpful god or an angry, vengeful god. I haven’t played it in 10 years or so, but you get a lot of leeway in that game, if I recall correctly. I liked playing as an unpredictable god.

Going even further back, Populous was an old Nintendo game that let you play god too. I always enjoyed wiping my pathetic followers out with a surprise volcano.

1 Like