Gaming and All Its Glory

Has anyone picked up a Nintendo Switch or PS VR?

I’ve heard the new Zelda game is amazing, which I would love to play but my wife knows that a gaming system would be a bad idea (I agree, I would completely ignore her and play).

1 Like

Anyone here that hates Fallout.

I purchased the game for my playstation, played it for 2 hours, and then took it back and asked for a refund.

tweet

1 Like

If you’re looking for a quality game where you can determinate your moral standpoints more freely, I would strongly suggest The Witcher -series.

1 Like

Which one?

They can start out pretty slow when you’re in the vault - especially Fallout 3. If you don’t like rail games, they suck. Personally I really like Bethesda once your get passed the bugs, but its not the developer for everyone. I just threw Skyrim back in for the hell of it and regret doing so because my sleep will be impacted - so addicting :sleeping:

1 Like

:confused:

Blasphemy.

Ya, that’s why I asked. I’ve always liked the Zelda games and I’ve heard this is yet another instant classic.

Although, the switch can be played from the couch while your wife watches her* TV shows. It’s the best of both worlds…

*I assume, like my wife, she has her own just god awful shows…

Not sure which one it was. I got it new about a year ago.

The controls were confusing and the first action I encountered were these giant insects that I had no chance defeating. They appeared random only after walking around a deserted town picking up the random of objects.

tweet

Haha true, she does like terrible shows, but when I don’t answer a question for the 8th time that night because I’m gaming it can cause problems.

I’ve always struggled with putting things down, whether its a book, game, or a show. I have to choose to not pick up new things I know I would like unless I know I have the time to obsess over it (which is rare). Considering the depth of the new Zelda game that could be a long time, I think it is probably best I don’t take the plunge… even though I want to.

1 Like

That’s my stance, exactly.

This new Zelda is now on my overall/lifetime ‘bucket list’ as I don’t expect to get anywhere near it for the next several years, at least.

1 Like

I’ve been playing a lot of Halo 5.

Mainly trying to get all the enemy, weapon, and vehicle commendations. Pretty close to finishing all the weapons and already completed all the enemy ones.

I’ll start on Star Wars Battlefront 3 when I’m done. Mostly because my son likes it and wants to unlock all the skins, but he’s only with me on weekends so he doesn’t get a lot of time to play and is also only 11, so he’s still in training (or dare I say a Padawan) to be an actual gamer who is good enough to own games.

I stopped playing games during my exams and haven’t got back into it. I sunk nearly a third of my awake hours into my Xbox on Destiny during 2015.
Nowadays I seem to have mentally regressed in age and sit around building Lego. Sigh

1 Like

The difficulty in Bethesda games actually has a range to it, unlike some other developers. If you put it on easy or normal you can enjoy the story or play with cheesy builds (bare fists).

The harder difficulties at the beginning of the game where you have 10 bullets and a stained tee shirt for armor vs absolute tanky monsters… not as much fun.

Well, this thread has made me install windows on my mac, download steam and then download fallout.so much for being productive.

3 Likes

I literally just play fifa and madden now with a bit of assassins creed. In university I logged months playing cod. I Do not regret it but I was definetely addicted. I cant justify spending 80 bucks on a game anymore. About too purchase a house and we are expecting a baby soon.

1 Like

Sorry had to

I buy all of my games through Amazon at 20% off (for new games) with prime. They’re still $50 or so, though.

Currently playing Rainbow Six Seige and Overwatch. Rainbow is so addicting it’s crazy.

2 Likes

Cannot stop playing skyrim! I turn on me playstation and thats all i play… in about a month iv clocked up 170 hours… all i do is school,gym then playstation then sleep repeat

2 Likes

Seige is like crack.

1 Like