Game Stop Idiots

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
Read the fucking manual?[/quote]

Makes sense, but I have no idea what manual to read since the game was not on sale, and the dweebs at the store only knew what the poster said.

But then again it is lixy, and she has yet to make sense.

My Gamestop is staffed by knowledgeable, courteous young people and one smoking hot assistant manager who’s a friend of a friend and can thus save stuff for me.

Although yeah, Gamestop does seem to attract more than its fair share of fucktard customers and employees.

Most employees at that franchise are annoying, but there are some that are actually nice and will give you an honest answer.

There was one guy that worked at my local Gamestop and after he saw that I was buying the old PRIDE FC game for the PS2, we got into a 30-minute conversation about MMA. Guy was pretty built, too.

That said, I still try and stay away from the place and just buy my games from Best Buy. But, I do appreciate the fact that they sell used games…although I don’t appreciate the trade-in value.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
Read the fucking manual?[/quote]

Yeah, buy it and then read the manual to see if is what you want.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
rainjack wrote:
lixy wrote:
RTFM.

What does that mean?

Roll The Fun Motocross
Run That Fat Moose
Replicate Those Fruitcake Monsters
Resonate Their Floppy Muffins

Your guess is a good as mine.[/quote]

Renton The Fuck Machine?

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Who do they hire to run these stores? After about 3 minutes of talking to one of the clerks, I decided I would never buy from that store, and insted give my money to Best Buy.

My son and I were in there browsing through their game selections, and I happened to notice a GTA-IV poster that said it was multiplayer.

I made the mistake of asking the clerk if that meant to people could play against each other on the same machine - like in Football, or any other head to head game.

Instead of a “yes”, or “no - only via networked machines, or X-Box Live” he proceeds to explain the inner workings of X-Box Live, and tried to explain how to hook up a network.

I asked him again - same fucking explanation. I told him thanks, and we left.

I mean, how hard is it for these asshats to answer a simple fucking question?

Sorry for the rant. [/quote]

RJ…please dude…c’mon. You are a 40 something professional. The kids at game stop are teens making minimum wage.

How can you expect quality?? You can’t.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

Anyhow - I skipped GTA-SA because I am not a rap guy. I played the crap out of Vice City because it was set in the 80’s, and that is my decade.

Looking forward to GTA-IV. I’d like to see some footage of it, or see what the real game play experience is beyond the cut scenes they play on the commercials. [/quote]

Dude, you missed one of the most complete video games ever. Your character was sooo versatile as far as the things you could do with him, Sky Diving, Tri-athelons, Mountainbike races, Gambeling, bank robbing, working out, going to dance clubs, customizing your car. It was almost endless the amount of things to do in that game. Also don’t forget the RANDOM VIOLENCE. Gotta love it.

As far as rap is concerned, it has as little to do with rap as Vice City had to do with Disco. Its just about a guy coming home for his mothers funeral and gets caught up in a whole bunch of shit from his past.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
rainjack wrote:
Who do they hire to run these stores? After about 3 minutes of talking to one of the clerks, I decided I would never buy from that store, and insted give my money to Best Buy.

My son and I were in there browsing through their game selections, and I happened to notice a GTA-IV poster that said it was multiplayer.

I made the mistake of asking the clerk if that meant to people could play against each other on the same machine - like in Football, or any other head to head game.

Instead of a “yes”, or “no - only via networked machines, or X-Box Live” he proceeds to explain the inner workings of X-Box Live, and tried to explain how to hook up a network.

I asked him again - same fucking explanation. I told him thanks, and we left.

I mean, how hard is it for these asshats to answer a simple fucking question?

Sorry for the rant.

RJ…please dude…c’mon. You are a 40 something professional. The kids at game stop are teens making minimum wage.

How can you expect quality?? You can’t.
[/quote]

Who’s asking for quality. I just wanted to get an answer to a simple, 1-part question.

I also can’t stand it when the no-English speaking illegal immigrants working at the Wendy’s can’t get a fucking order right.

If I’m getting paid minimum wage, you’re getting minimum wage work.

EDIT:

And if I’m going into a place where I know there will be mouth-breathing idiots helping me, I’ll make sure the research is done before I go in deal with the rabble.

clarification: it is read the fuckign manual. I used to bot in a game, and on the website that was a one word wonder post in nearly every thread.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

lixy, and she [/quote]

ROFL.

I love COD4, I’m fucking good at it too for not having an xbox, I
m better than half of the multi-prestige modes online.

But then you don’t have to be good to play prestige you just have play alot.

GTA:SA was a very complete game.

Gamestop is still filled with dumb twats and cocksuckers who play DDR at parties. (Alcohol NOT involved).

Fucking wanks.

And yes I despise the cunts who I have to repeat what fucking combo I want twelve goddamn times. And I still get overcharged for my fucked up, falling apart, square lunk of shit.

Still love wendy’s triple bacon burger cheesburger.

And fries dipped in a chocolate frosty-better than a golden shower.

[quote]msd0060 wrote:
If I’m getting paid minimum wage, you’re getting minimum wage work.

EDIT:

And if I’m going into a place where I know there will be mouth-breathing idiots helping me, I’ll make sure the research is done before I go in deal with the rabble.[/quote]

We wandered in while waiting on my wife and daughter to do whatever the hell it is they do at the mall.

Trust me - I would not make a 100 mile one way trip to the mall just to ask a kid a question.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

Trust me - I would not make a 100 mile one way trip to the mall just to ask a kid a question. [/quote]

Dear God, 100 miles one way? Fuck that. I might make that trip if:

A) Gas was 35 cents/gallon
B) The entire mall was staffed by Jessica Biel clones
C) Everything in the mall was free

I live about 10 minutes from the 2nd biggest mall in America, and I go there about once every 2 months. Malls are the finest display of everything I hate about society and todays youth.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
rainjack wrote:

Trust me - I would not make a 100 mile one way trip to the mall just to ask a kid a question.

Dear God, 100 miles one way? Fuck that. I might make that trip if:

A) Gas was 35 cents/gallon
B) The entire mall was staffed by Jessica Biel clones
C) Everything in the mall was free

I live about 10 minutes from the 2nd biggest mall in America, and I go there about once every 2 months. Malls are the finest display of everything I hate about society and todays youth.[/quote]

I have a 14 year-old daughter. Get you one of those, and then get back to me about how often you go to the mall.

We live 100 miles from a mall, a Sam’s, an airport, a good grocery store - pretty much anything that you can just hop in you car and get to in 10 minutes takes me an hour and a half.

The joys of living in BFE.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

I have a 14 year-old daughter. Get you one of those, and then get back to me about how often you go to the mall.

We live 100 miles from a mall, a Sam’s, an airport, a good grocery store - pretty much anything that you can just hop in you car and get to in 10 minutes takes me an hour and a half.

The joys of living in BFE. [/quote]

A 14 year-old daughter? That sounds awful. I might make 100 mile trips just to get away from such a creature. No offense…

BFE? There’s too many acronyms in this thread already, dammit.

bum fucking Egypt

Butt**

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
rainjack wrote:

The joys of living in BFE.

A 14 year-old daughter? That sounds awful. I might make 100 mile trips just to get away from such a creature. No offense…

BFE? There’s too many acronyms in this thread already, dammit.[/quote]

None taken. They are 5 times more expensive than a boy. Steer clear if you can.

Yeah (Bum Fuck Egypt) also referred to as The Middle of No Where - and BFE isn’t even an internet/text word either. I guess you have never had an opportunity to hear such a term, what with you living in the center of civilization and all.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

Yeah (Bum Fuck Egypt) also referred to as The Middle of No Where - and BFE isn’t even an internet/text word either. I guess you have never had an opportunity to hear such a term, what with you living in the center of civilization and all.

[/quote]

I figured it was in reference to the overly-expansive state within which you reside, but you’re correct, the actual term “Bum Fuck Egypt” was just now introduced to me.

Civilization sucks, outside of the driving time, I’d gladly trade places with you (but only if you can lower the average temperature about 20 degrees, and build that wall along the border already…)

I still remember one of the first times I ever went to GameStop when I was buying the original Playstation. I was picking up Final Fantasy (VII I think… who knows… I cannot keep track any more) and I was talking about Gran Turismo.

My girlfriend at the time and I were horrified at the level of utter dorkery displayed by the goober working there. I go up to the counter, get the system and said I was looking for Final Fantasy. The exchange went something like this:

Me: Hi, I’m just looking for Final Fantasy VII for Playstation.

GS Nerd: Oh yeah! That game is freakin’ great! I would say that is my 4th… wait no… 3rd favorite rpg of all time.

10 seconds of uncomfortable silence as GS Nerd looks at me absolutely BEGGING me to ask him what numbers 1 and 2 are

Me: Umm… so can I get the game?

Unreal experience. Dude, I might like video games, but I didn’t come to your store to hang out like old guys in a barbershop on a Saturday morning.