Game Review: The Godfather

My wife just brought me home a copy of the Godfather for Xbox (I am so loved).
I’ve played it for about an hour, and I have to say I am impressed enough to write about it.
The game looks and feels like a GTA game. The controls are a little different. Third person view with movable camera angles. Huge city to play in (NYC), both on foot and in cars. A wide selection of weapons, plus a pretty neat melee system.
The city is incredible. I haven’t explored it in depth, but the graphics are nice. It really captures the feel from the movie.
As I am not far into the game, I don’t know how well it stick’s to the movie plot, but so far, I’ve seen some characters I know, and the glimpse of the Godfather is dead on. I don’t know if Brando actually did the voices for the game, but you would think so by the sound of it.
I guess I still have a lot to learn before I give it a thorough review; story line, playability, challenge, replay value, etc. But from first impressions, it looks awesome and what I hoped it would be.

I was actually going ot post a thread about this once I had actually picked up a copy.

From the clips I’ve seen I got the same impression in that it would be a slightly more sophisticated GTA.

I think I’ll break down and pick it up tomorrow.

It looks like a great game.I think I’m gonna buy it.I need something to hold me til Halo 3 hits stores.Until then I got all new Elder Scrolls oblivion(for x box 360) and the new God Father game.

Supposedly Brando did the voice right before he died.

This looks like a great game as I am a HUGE fan of the Godfather movies. Several of the actors did lend their voices to the game, including Brando, James Caan, and Robert Duvall. Problem is, I don’t really have all that much time to play these days, and I still have two GTA games I have not finished yet, so I am trying to justify another game purchase.

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
It looks like a great game.I think I’m gonna buy it.I need something to hold me til Halo 3 hits stores.Until then I got all new Elder Scrolls oblivion(for x box 360) and the new God Father game.
[/quote]

hey man, check out G.R.A.W. for the 360, its freakin amazing.

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
[/quote]

Cthulhu,

How do you like Elder Scrolls IV? The IA is supposed to be awesome. I haven’t got me copy yet, but I loved ESIII Morrowind.

Also how do you like the Xbox 360 console?