Gallon of Whole Milk a Day

[quote]Fiction wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
RMorrison wrote:
Wouldn’t consuming a gallon of milk per day just quickly make you alergic to milk?

No. This whole “eating food makes you allergic to it” nonsense needs to end.

Thank fucking Christ someone said it.[/quote]

Most likely if it was the pastuerized variety… I highly doubt anyone would be allergic to raw milk for a number of reasons.

no one has answered the original question of its too much saturated fat? and if it wouldnt spike insulin because of the sugar

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
toohungry wrote:
just saw in a recent article that a gallon of whole milk a day is “better” then steriods…

Umm, no. It’s not. At all.[/quote]

thank you.

ok,the allergy thing is nonsense

I started off allergic to milk as a kid.
I was hospitalised many many times as a baby before they found out that milk made me swell up like a balloon.

I now drink a gallon a day easy sometimes more.
when I started drinking milk again I would get hives .

then I got them less and less the more I drank.
I got used to it and now I love the stuff

it is not better than steroids, however it does have good fat,carb and protein content and if you drink alot of it you will get bigger,its pretty high in calories.

if you drink that much and not do anything then yes you will gain fat from the higher kcals,if you lift heavy with drinking milk you will not.
like any food source.

if all i had was milk I would be happy.

[quote]toohungry wrote:
no one has answered the original question of its too much saturated fat? and if it wouldnt spike insulin because of the sugar[/quote]

I answered it above. It is not too much saturated fat dude. Sat fat does not spike insulin. Glucose sugars from HI gi carbohydrates spike insuln, but because milk has a good fat percentage, it digest slow and does not spike insulin. Its also loaded with casein.

[quote]MrOldSchool wrote:

Most likely if it was the pastuerized variety… I highly doubt anyone would be allergic to raw milk for a number of reasons.[/quote]

I thought the reason people are allergic to milk is because their body’s lack the digestive enzyme needed to break down the lactose. Hince lactose intolerant

[quote]elano wrote:
MrOldSchool wrote:

Most likely if it was the pastuerized variety… I highly doubt anyone would be allergic to raw milk for a number of reasons.

I thought the reason people are allergic to milk is because their body’s lack the digestive enzyme needed to break down the lactose. Hince lactose intolerant[/quote]

You don’t understand…anything that is more “natural” is perfect and could never do anything undesirable.

thanks for response elano

wow, i never realized drinking a ton of milk could help me grow that much. im going to go get a glass full now! haha

I thought the reason people are allergic to milk is because their body’s lack the digestive enzyme needed to break down the lactose. Hince lactose intolerant[/quote]

No. The reason people are lactose intolerant is because they lack the enzyme needed to break down lactose. An allergy is your immune system’s reaction to a foreign substance that is normally harmless (or near harmless in cases such as a beesting). They are two different things.

[quote]elano wrote:
I answered it above. It is not too much saturated fat dude. Sat fat does not spike insulin. Glucose sugars from HI gi carbohydrates spike insuln, but because milk has a good fat percentage, it digest slow and does not spike insulin. Its also loaded with casein.[/quote]

Milk doesn’t spike insulin? You’re kidding right? Please tell me you’re kidding. So what you’re saying is as long as I eat a pound of bacon with my snickers bar I won’t get an insulin spike because of all the fat in the bacon…

It doesn’t matter if the snickers and bacon came in separate packages- the stomach sees it as a single entity when consumed at the same time, as it does with milk.

Please post a link to a scientific study that shows milk does not spike insulin.

This post has gotten far more responses and coverage than it deserved.
And I am only adding to it…sigh!
Make it stop!!

Does anyone here actually drink a gallon of milk a day? I mean, without coming close to shitting themselves?

I can eat cheese, drink milk, whatever, but it seems like my upper threshold for milk per day is about 1-2 liters, any more and well, you know what happens.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
elano wrote:
I answered it above. It is not too much saturated fat dude. Sat fat does not spike insulin. Glucose sugars from HI gi carbohydrates spike insuln, but because milk has a good fat percentage, it digest slow and does not spike insulin. Its also loaded with casein.

Milk doesn’t spike insulin? You’re kidding right? Please tell me you’re kidding. So what you’re saying is as long as I eat a pound of bacon with my snickers bar I won’t get an insulin spike because of all the fat in the bacon…

It doesn’t matter if the snickers and bacon came in separate packages- the stomach sees it as a single entity when consumed at the same time, as it does with milk.

Please post a link to a scientific study that shows milk does not spike insulin.[/quote]

most logical response yet

[quote]toohungry wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:
Please post a link to a scientific study that shows milk does not spike insulin.

most logical response yet
[/quote]

Actually, I believe the actual insulin response is higher than usual in milk compared to its rating on the glycemic index.

[quote]ab_power wrote:
Does anyone here actually drink a gallon of milk a day? I mean, without coming close to shitting themselves?

I can eat cheese, drink milk, whatever, but it seems like my upper threshold for milk per day is about 1-2 liters, any more and well, you know what happens. [/quote]

Raises hand

I drink a gallon a day.
I stop at cosco and get the box with 2 gallon jugs in it.
I get 4 of those when I shop for the week and its gone by the next week when I shop again.

no problems here,no squirts no farts nothing I drink it like water. but not in replacment of water.

at first I was allergic to it like mentioned before,I used to have problems with gas and the trotts but my body got used to it after a while

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:

Please post a link to a scientific study that shows milk does not spike insulin.[/quote]

OK then, well say that milk causes a huge insulin spike.
I don’t give a shit.

I too drink a gallon of milk a day and I don’t have side effects either. I go to the grocery store twice a week and buy 4 gallons at a time. Sometimes the cashiers give me shit, I tell them I just like milk a lot.

If you have a problem with the gallon a day, take more fiber. I take 40 grams of fiber in chewable form and it solved the issues I had with a gallon a day.

[quote]elano wrote:
Sometimes the cashiers give me shit, I tell them I just like milk a lot.[/quote]

I would grab that crater-faced high school punk by the throat and throw his ass into the frozen food section.

The point being, the pastuerization process destorys or alters the enzymes (lactose especially )and proteins and fats inherent in raw milk and basically bastardidizing a near perfect superfood aka raw milk

[quote]elano wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:

OK then, well say that milk causes a huge insulin spike.
I don’t give a shit.

I too drink a gallon of milk a day and I don’t have side effects either. I go to the grocery store twice a week and buy 4 gallons at a time. Sometimes the cashiers give me shit, I tell them I just like milk a lot.[/quote]

I never said don’t drink milk. But for someone who is insulin intolerant or diabetic (like me) milk is generally off limits in huge quantities solely due to the huge insulin response. Not to mention I rarely drink my calories.