Gallon_A-Day Challenge?

I was just reading about the Gallon-A-Day Challenge on “T-Vixen Sorority” and it made me wonder if drinking this much fluid in a day was difficult for others, or if it applies mostly to women, {because of the size differences}.

I have never really paid much attention the the amount I drink, because aside from green tea it’s the only fluid I drink. I do keep a 1.5L by my bed, a 1L in the car and I know for a fact that I drink at least 2L during my workouts, {free water from the cooler}.

So, I’m going to guess that I drink somewhere around 7-8L a day.

How much water are the guys on here drinking?

Also, seeing as how many beverages like cola and coffee are not hydrating, they can not be counted…and should actually be subtracted from total water intake.

[quote]GathCity wrote:
Also, seeing as how many beverages like cola and coffee are not hydrating, they can not be counted…and should actually be subtracted from total water intake.
[/quote]

I’m not sure this is an accurate characterization.

While caffeine can have a diuretic effect, that doesn’t mean that you don’t still get the benefit of having consumed liquid in the first place.

I’m not saying that you don’t get benefits from other liquids you consume. I am saying however, that many other liquids are not hydrating and do not sustain life, therefore, IMO should not be counted.

It is very easy for some to drink 3L of coffee, cola, alcohol, or a combination of the three. Surely, we would not count that as living a healthy lifestyle.

…also, anyone who thinks drinking Crystal Light, or diet pop on a daily basis is part of healthy plan needs to educate themselves further.

5-6 liters of water a day.