Galactose & Lipogenesis?

The fate of Galactose & lactose seems to be very misunderstood on this forum.

Once and for all does Galactose(lactose) in dairy products contribute to liopgenesis(fat formation) via preferential refilling of liver glycogen similar to fructose?

I believe skim milk is 50% lactose & 50% galactos (which itself is 50/50 lactose/glucose).

Correct me if I am wrong. Skim milk carbs are 75% lactose.

I am asking because I drink a few cups of skim milk a day and want to know if it is a good idea or not.

Any input appreciated.

Treat lofat milk as if it were a post workout drink.

I go through a few gallons of fat free milk a week and have had no problems with it. (I weigh 173lbs and have 9% bf.) Others don’t tolerate it as well. What I have learned is you do things by trial and error. If you tolerate milk, drink up! If you don’t, than limit consumption. Everyone is different.

[quote]tall tom wrote:
Treat lowfat milk as if it were a post workout drink.[/quote]

Why? What is up with this
Insulin(not GI) Index?

why would skim milk cause a slow rise in blood glucose and a rapid rise in Insulin? I think the Insulin Index is B.S.

[quote]fedorov91 wrote:
I think the Insulin Index is B.S.[/quote]

I think ypu spend too much time worrying about nonsence.

Federov, you say you are drinking “a couple cups a day”. Are you getting lean for a contest or something? I mean, other than having some very specific and demanding goal, it really isn’t going to be a big deal.

That being said, some people find that they can only lean up so much if they continue to drink milk. If you plateau on fat loss, drop the milk and see if you continue to lose.

As for the nuts and bolts of GI/II and everything else, the details probably aren’t worth worrying about. I mean, get a good workout, get good nutrition, keep a food log, get lots of rest. Repeat. Don’t sweat the small stuff.