Gaining weight

i know food is the way to gain weight but food cost a LOT. I was considering about buying 2200 wight gainer or whatever and start taking that. Does this stuff actualyl work or will i be throwing my money away?

Sure you’ll gain weight. Is that all you’re concerned with? Most people want to gain lean mass, not weight.

Also- food does not cost a LOT. You need food.

Whole foods are better for gaining weight. Cost is relative. Some weight gainers may work, but most are filled with junk. And I’m betting it is more expensive meal-for-meal (or replacement-meal-for-replacement-meal) than what you could purchase at a warehouse store (i.e. Costco). You can buy a lot of food in bulk - frozen chicken breasts, rice (preferably brown), veggies, fruit, oatmeal, tuna, etc. If you plan appropriately, it shouldn’t break the bank.

well i am eating good foor. just normal meals maybe a little more then people my size eat. also it is food like chicken and shit so im not eating bad but it just isnt helping me gain weight. so i was just goign to try some weight gainer see if it helps me put on some lbs.

im eating regular meals right now and eating more then people my size. also it is all good food. i am tryign to gain mass but the food situation isnt helping it so weight gainer? will it help me achieve that or no

I’ve had a some luck looking for low cost nutrient dense foods to eat in between meals. Tuna in a can is cheap. Yogurt is cheap. Both have protein and are pretty good for you. Sadly, some of the best foods for you are quite expensive, but like others said, try to focus on chicken, buying in bulk, etc.

One thing I do, which is gonna sound nutty for gaining weight, is drink Kroger brand slimfast. It is right next to muscle milk in my grocery and costs way, way less with, near as I can tell, similar caloric and protein breakdowns.

I drink two the first thing in the morning and try to eat at least 4-5 times the rest of the day. But one or two of those times may be two cups of yogurt, or a can of tuna and crackers.

You think you’re eating enough. Tell me, how many calories a day are you consuming? Count them and be honest: are they more or less than 2000? 3000? If you’re not eating over 3000, then you’re not eating enough.

Chicken? Why aren’t you eating beef? Turkey is better than chicken.

How many meals are you eating a day? Any less then five, then eat more. Eat every three hours, even if you’re not hungry. There’s no meal replacement better than eating one cup of yoghurt, two cups milk and a couple scoops whey protein.

Buy in bulk. Learn to love turkey. If you’re one of those guys who eats 400g protein a day despite only weighing 160lbs, then don’t it’s a huge waste of money.

[quote]livinthedream wrote:
i know food is the way to gain weight but food cost a LOT. I was considering about buying 2200 wight gainer or whatever and start taking that. Does this stuff actualyl work or will i be throwing my money away?[/quote]

Actually, when you do the math, you’ll see that protein powder like Grow is one of the most cost-effective ways to get your protein. Do the math:
Grow: $30. How many grams of protein in the entire tub? Lots.

Now go see how much it would cost you to get that many grams of protein from food sources.

Buy milk when it’s on sale. Mix grow with 2% milk. Add some cocoa powder. EAt some peanut butter. There’s your weight gainer. Cheap, too, and with better nutrients than in those other things you buy.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Mix grow with 2% milk. Add some cocoa powder. EAt some peanut butter. There’s your weight gainer. Cheap, too, and with better nutrients than in those other things you buy.[/quote]

It would taste better than your typical weight gainer as well…