Gaining Weight

ok here is the question. i started lifting again after about a two year layoff. i started at 129 pounds 5foot 6 inches.i have been eating like crazy and working out hard with heavy days and light days.i have been gaining weight like crazy.

i have gained 18 pounds in about four weeks.the question is that i have been noticing that i am getting a little fat around the midsection.its not bad, but it is there. should i keep eating while the gaining is good or do you think i should slow down a little.also i was going to start a MAG-10 cycle this week followed by Carbolin 19… any thoughts?

I think you should keep bulking. Cut back on the calories but only very SLIGHTLY. I’d hold off on the MAG-10. i see no reason for it at your size. Carbolin 19 should be ok but I’m sure not necessary.

I would hold off on the supplements for a bit. I’m the same height as you and even with 18lb gained you’re still under 150, which isn’t very big at all. You’ve got a lot of fairly easy and quick progress ahead of you, and I think you’ll be the better for it if you figure out how best to eat and train.

As far as gaining fat - make sure that you’re actually gaining at a poor muscle:fat ratio, or if it is just accumulating. You may be gaining at 80% muscle, but the 20% fat will add up over time, but if you’re still gaining at 80% keep at it. So check on that through actual bodyfat measurements week to week, instead of just noticing that you are fatter.

If you are truly concerned, or your ratio has diminished, then just cut back a bit on the calories, clean up your diet more, or add in more low-intensity cardio/movement.

When I first started buling I did not cardio and ate a little excessively, but I didn’t really start putting on too much fat until several weeks in. So make sure your actual ratio of gaining warrants any specific action; and look to diet and training before supplements. It’ll help in the long run.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
I think you should keep bulking. Cut back on the calories but only very SLIGHTLY. I’d hold off on the MAG-10. i see no reason for it at your size. Carbolin 19 should be ok but I’m sure not necessary.[/quote]

I totally agree. It sounds like your gains are really popping along, so why throw in the MAG-10 now if you don’t need to just yet? I would think you should save it for when you need more of a kick in the pants, especially since you cannot get the stuff any more.

thanx for the replies… i am gaining more muscle than fat for sure. i will do bodyfat measures and see what kind of ratio it is. and yhea i guess i will save the MAG-10 for a little while yet. my gains are coming easy right now, however the last couple of days it seems to have stopped. i hope this is temporary? well i guess ill go an eat since i havent done that for about an hour…