Gaining Weight

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:
Damn i would be interested in seeing your training and diet. [/quote]

Well I dont mind talking about it, what i’m saying is that I wont make that thread myself

Feel free to make one if you’d like !

[quote]zraw wrote:

[quote]eightohfive wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:

GO READ.[/quote]

Ur funny. I bet you wouldnt even be able to tell if anything is wrong or right with this diet.

And actually I bet he would gain with something like this[/quote]

that or he’s asking a questions answered 1,000 times on this forum, by users and authors.
I could certainly tell him what i think is wrong, im an avid IF’er and would radically change his meal patterns for starters.[/quote]

Than your an idiot. Not everyone needs or want to do IF.
[/quote]

precisely why i said GO READ. my opinion may not be the best for his situation, therefore he ought to read about others and their approach to clean weight gain.

[quote]zraw wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:
Damn i would be interested in seeing your training and diet. [/quote]

Well I dont mind talking about it, what i’m saying is that I wont make that thread myself

Feel free to make one if you’d like ![/quote]

Ah i see. You dont want to pull a rouge vampire huh

[quote]zraw wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:

GO READ.[/quote]

Ur funny. I bet you wouldnt even be able to tell if anything is wrong or right with this diet.

And actually I bet he would gain with something like this[/quote]

that or he’s asking a questions answered 1,000 times on this forum, by users and authors.
I could certainly tell him what i think is wrong, im an avid IF’er and would radically change his meal patterns for starters.[/quote]

Than your an idiot. Not everyone needs or want to do IF.
[/quote]

precisely why i said GO READ. my opinion may not be the best for his situation, therefore he ought to read about others and their approach to clean weight gain.[/quote]

Dude, not trying to be a dick here but you jumping in to newb threads with your IF shit is getting annoying. He will have better results eating all the time then following an IF protocol. For the life of me i can’t understand why you would fast when your BULKING???

[quote]jtownlax wrote:
For the life of me i can’t understand why you would fast when your BULKING???[/quote]

I dont IF.

You have no idea what youre talking about.

You cant understand it because you, apparently, havent bothered to research it.

Just google Lean Gains.

I understand how it works but i just feel like eating all throughout the day would ensure as much progress as possible. just my opinion

I think this looks OK (good enough but not amazing); better with ZRaw’s tweaks. I think you could probably find something better if you poked around a bit more.

Your diet should account for the workout period with intelligent pre and post workout nutrition. I personally like 30-50g protein/15-45g fat/50-75g carbs 60-90 minutes preworkout, then 30-50g protein/50-75g carbs 30 minutes postworkout.

There’s more than one way to skin a cat though, so to speak. You’re bulking and at 6’ 180 you have plenty of filling out to do, so you have some flexibility. Consistently smart training and nutrient-dense eating are the most important thing- you don’t have to lose your mind over minutia.

I do think you can find better food options than the ones you mentioned if you do some looking though- I personally wouldn’t use most of those foods even while I was bulking. I don’t really care how my food tastes though lol. Good luck.

[quote]jtownlax wrote:
Dude, not trying to be a dick here but you jumping in to newb threads with your IF shit is getting annoying. He will have better results eating all the time then following an IF protocol. For the life of me i can’t understand why you would fast when your BULKING???[/quote]

Is IF the FASTEST way to bulk? absolutely not. Is it a legitimate way to approach what some call a “clean bulk”? Judging from both Berkhan and Berardi’s extensive research and topic coverage, coupled with my experiences so far, i’d say yes. It’s a relatively* new approach to eating, and it seems quite radical, to most including yourself. I’ve seen serious progress, how could i not at least share what i feel like is an awesome approach? I’m 5’10 192lbs, and 1% lower BF now than in my avatar, it works.

[quote]JoeyMicas11 wrote:

[quote]JFG wrote:

other than measuring diet look good?[/quote]

Not really.

What’s with the oatmeal? And corn? Why so much?

1% milk?

2 cup of apples for breakfast?

Where did you get this?
[/quote]

Swole.me? LOl[/quote]

Add some variety and choose more foods.

Do people that post these specific diets actually eat the same exact things every single day?

Edit: I haven’t “bulked” in a long time but I don’t know how I would do it without cheeseburgers. Eat some cheeseburgers Damnit.

I believe some of your macros are a bit off, especially meals 2 and 4. 4oz of chicken has about 26g of protein. The protein numbers for these meals seem a bit high. Also, get more of your protein from animal sources and rely less on the incidental proteins in rice, oats, etc. These proteins do not have all of the amino acids and are not as beneficial as complete proteins from meats and dairy.

[quote]MeinHerzBrennt wrote:
I believe some of your macros are a bit off, especially meals 2 and 4. 4oz of chicken has about 26g of protein. The protein numbers for these meals seem a bit high. Also, get more of your protein from animal sources and rely less on the incidental proteins in rice, oats, etc. These proteins do not have all of the amino acids and are not as beneficial as complete proteins from meats and dairy.[/quote]

Its a web site that does the work for you.

He just needs to change the parameters.

[quote]jtownlax wrote:
Dude, not trying to be a dick here but you jumping in to newb threads with your IF shit is getting annoying. He will have better results eating all the time then following an IF protocol. For the life of me i can’t understand why you would fast when your BULKING???[/quote]

Is IF the FASTEST way to bulk? absolutely not. Is it a legitimate way to approach what some call a “clean bulk”? Judging from both Berkhan and Berardi’s extensive research and topic coverage, coupled with my experiences so far, i’d say yes. It’s a relatively* new approach to eating, and it seems quite radical, to most including yourself. I’ve seen serious progress, how could i not at least share what i feel like is an awesome approach? I’m 5’10 192lbs, and 1% lower BF now than in my avatar, it works.
[/quote]

BS.

Berkhan is a salesman.

Berardi gained nothing on IF, as I have already noted on another thread. He made some minor increase in LBM but not due to “Lean Gains” but rather his body rebounding from an extreme diet of 2 fully-fasted days per week. And doing a couple of weeks on IF is far from “extensive research”.

If somebody wants to bulk, they should listen to PX and CT not the likes of the skinny ass Berkhan.

Why can’t people bulk like they should bulk and use the IF-style diets as they were intended - as cutting diets.

[quote]NotaQuitta wrote:
they should listen to PX and CT [/quote]

… do you know what the pulse feast entails?

[quote]StevenF wrote:
Do people that post these specific diets actually eat the same exact things every single day?

Edit: I haven’t “bulked” in a long time but I don’t know how I would do it without cheeseburgers. Eat some cheeseburgers Damnit. [/quote]

If everyone on the internet actually ate what they say they eat when they post on forums, then this whole website would be full of massive ripped dudes.

[quote]NotaQuitta wrote:
If somebody wants to bulk, they should listen to PX and CT not the likes of the skinny ass Berkhan.

Why can’t people bulk like they should bulk and use the IF-style diets as they were intended - as cutting diets.[/quote]

While I’m very tired of the IF vs. non-IF shit that seems to be going on at T-Nation a lot lately, Berkhan is 200lbs at 5-6% body fat. He also pulls 600lbs for reps. Clearly he’s figured something out that lets him get stronger while staying lean.

That being said, I still prefer cheeseburgers, pizza, and beer for bulking up.

[quote]NotaQuitta wrote:

[quote]jtownlax wrote:

[/quote]

BS.

Berkhan is a salesman.

Berardi gained nothing on IF, as I have already noted on another thread. He made some minor increase in LBM but not due to “Lean Gains” but rather his body rebounding from an extreme diet of 2 fully-fasted days per week. And doing a couple of weeks on IF is far from “extensive research”.

Why can’t people bulk like they should bulk and use the IF-style diets as they were intended - as cutting diets.[/quote]

lol

You guys I got this from Swole.me which someone above mentioned!! [/quote]

Yeah, swole.me is horse-shit. It’s random shit thrown together.
You’re 19. Do you honestly believe you’d measure 2 oz of pasta, 2 cup cottage cheese, 6 0z chicken breast and 1 oz of ground horse nipple meat to make a random and disgusting meal? Weighing all your food to the gram and preparing that shit? Is it possible that you are so naive to believe you would do this type of diet for more than a day?

Eat 2 pounds of meat a day, whole eggs, nut butter, potatoes, rice, whatever else you desire.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to squishing apples into cup and making eggs eggs.

…yfw you read the above post in his voice

salesman? is that why almost ALL of his information and research is free? makes sense…