Gaining Weight

I was wondering, i’m about 135 lbs on a good day. What would be a rough estimate of a meal plan or caloric intake for me? My metabolism is pretty fast and I am six feet tall. I know I don’t eat enough. I know I need to keep the meals frequent and small, but what is small? the meals for 200 lb people seemed really big to me. I tried weight gainers and they made me sick. Any thoughts, I am currently on Metabolic Drive and Surge post work out recovery and L-lucean. Any advice?

[quote]kagster22 wrote:
I was wondering, i’m about 135 lbs on a good day…the meals for 200 lb people seemed really big to me.[/quote]

Maybe that’s why they are 200 lbs, and you are 135 lbs.

Think about that one for a little while…

[quote]hungry4more wrote:

[quote]kagster22 wrote:
I was wondering, i’m about 135 lbs on a good day…the meals for 200 lb people seemed really big to me.[/quote]

Think about that one for a little while…[/quote]
x2

But, if you dont like that you should eat what the guys at 199 eat, i hear its a lot less

point of it is, you should be focused on what it will take to get you to the next lb, not the next 65!

[quote]hungry4more wrote:

[quote]kagster22 wrote:

Think about that one for a little while…[/quote]

lolz x2

NFG SO SMART!

[quote]bonerjams98 wrote:

point of it is, you should be focused on what it will take to get you to the next lb, not the next 65!
[/quote]

This. Some people benifite from making a food log so that they know they’re getting enough food and can make adjustments. I did that when I started and made quick work of getting from 155-205 staying fairly lean.

If it really is a struggle to have a regular eating routine, eat the same basic meals over and over and make sure you get them in.

e.g. the good old chicken and rice meal, potatoes and beef etc

These basic types of meals are easily digested and will pack on “meat” in time.

Obviously you won’t gain weight if you don’t eat more than is required to maintain your current 135 lbs. If you don’t consciously work on slowly upping your numbers, your body won’t be going anywhere, not 136 lbs, and certainly not 200 lbs.

All the quality supps you take won’t make any difference if it’s not in abundance.

S

[quote]kagster22 wrote:
My metabolism is pretty fast and I am six feet tall. I know I don’t eat enough. I know I need to keep the meals frequent and small, but what is small? [/quote]

A decent meal size for you would be about 500-600 cals, roughly 5 times a day (which equals about 2500-3000 cals/day). Obviously, that’s just a starting point; if you aren’t gaining anything (e.g. 1-3lbs per week for a newbie), then up the meal size.

Here’s some example meal sizes that you would eat:
-Burger and glass of protein shake (e.g. whey & full fat milk)
-Small bowl of rice and chicken in sauce, plus glass of protein shake
-Small plate of minced beef and potatoes

Obviously, these are just estimates (probably ranging from 400-700 cals, but that’s roughly the size meals you should be taking.

Many tell me that they have fast metabolisms, and while I believe this, often I find that they just snack and don’t really eat much CONSISTENTLY (same mistake I used to make). People could see you eating burgers, ice-cream/cream cakes etc one minute and wonder why you don’t put on weight, but what they don’t see is behind the scenes when you spend hours on the PC not eating and simply snacking to tide you over lol. It’s no use “bulking” for like 2 weeks when your motivation is high, and then just going back to snacking, eating crap and eating very little. Any possible gains you may make on the 2 weeks bulking will just disappear as soon as you resumed your bad eating schedule. You need to get the “gaining momentum” going, this may take a few weeks. It often takes a few weeks to see the results of what you did weeks ago (“the strength/muscle momentum”).

It doesn’t matter if person X can eat such and such and gain weight, if it doesn’t put weight on to you, then it’s not enough for you.