Gaining Weight - What's Too Much?

Last week I decided I’d really try and gain weight since I have a lot of free time until summer. I’m about 6 feet even and last Monday I weighed in at 160. I have only been eating when hungry and my diet has consisted of Whole Wheat everything, Skinless chicken breast, Turkey, Fruit, Salads, and whole wheat pasta. During this week I have also gotten a lot of cardio and stayed as active as possible.

Today i weighed in a 167 and 7 pounds just seems like way too much to gain in a week. At the same time I haven’t been force feeding myself and have been eating very healthy so I don’t know if this is a bad thing or not.

[quote]Mav413 wrote:
Last week I decided I’d really try and gain weight since I have a lot of free time until summer. I’m about 6 feet even and last Monday I weighed in at 160. I have only been eating when hungry and my diet has consisted of Whole Wheat everything, Skinless chicken breast, Turkey, Fruit, Salads, and whole wheat pasta. During this week I have also gotten a lot of cardio and stayed as active as possible.

Today i weighed in a 167 and 7 pounds just seems like way too much to gain in a week. At the same time I haven’t been force feeding myself and have been eating very healthy so I don’t know if this is a bad thing or not.[/quote]

It will slow your no longer starving your self you have a full intestinal tract etc your body doesnt have to try and grab every single unless thing it can from the little you eat,

expect also to begin hitting the can a lot more frequent.

keep it up
6’167 is very very thin

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
Mav413 wrote:

Today i weighed in a 167 and 7 pounds just seems like way too much to gain in a week. At the same time I haven’t been force feeding myself and have been eating very healthy so I don’t know if this is a bad thing or not.

It will slow your no longer starving your self you have a full intestinal tract etc your body doesnt have to try and grab every single unless thing it can from the little you eat,

expect also to begin hitting the can a lot more frequent.

keep it up
6’167 is very very thin

Phill[/quote]

plus it could be glycogen storage and water weight and all that other bull…

When you have to stand on a mirror to see your penis, your bulking is complete.

To get a more accurate idea of how much weight you are gaining, you want to weigh yourself a few times throughout the day. But the most accurate is likely to be first thing in the morning, after you piss, wearing minimal clothing.

It is unlikely you actually gained 7 pounds in a week, you most likely caught yourself at a bad time(bloated, full of water, maybe wearing clothes?)

But, anyway, don’t freak out about weekly fluctuations too much, and try and rely more on the mirror and your gym progress than the scale.

I gained 11 pounds on Thanksgiving alone, your 7 pounds is nothing!

No seriously, that’s really nothing to be worried about, as others have stated it’s probably water weight or something like that.

Just look at yourself in the mirror, do you look too fat? (at 6’, 167, I doubt it!); then cut back a little. Otherwise just continue to eat large quantities of food while working out hard. You’re not going to see any change in a week (positive or negative) that’s really going to be that noticeable, so just monitor for long-term consistancy.