Gaining Weight on 1000 Kcal Diet

i’m thinking troll job too.

no one looking to maintain weight can logically select a diet plan called massive eating.

Ok, i think this is pretty damn possible. If i was able to GAIN weight at 2000 calories, and maintain at 1500, being a guy and weighing more, muscle and fat, i think she might have a REALLY slow metabolism. I dont think she should be worrying about weight gain. Theres a difference between WEIGHT gain and FAT gain. WEIGHT gain is good, FAT gain really isnt.

Or maybe, u weighed urself after eating, when the first time it was on an empty stomach. Or ur body fat test is faulty. Whatever it is, dont worry about it.

[quote]ahzaz wrote:
Ok, i think this is pretty damn possible. If i was able to GAIN weight at 2000 calories, and maintain at 1500, being a guy and weighing more, muscle and fat, i think she might have a REALLY slow metabolism. I dont think she should be worrying about weight gain. Theres a difference between WEIGHT gain and FAT gain. WEIGHT gain is good, FAT gain really isnt.

Or maybe, u weighed urself after eating, when the first time it was on an empty stomach. Or ur body fat test is faulty. Whatever it is, dont worry about it.[/quote]

You’re 14. She’s 19. Big difference. Stop giving advice in this forum. You barely just learned how to walk.

Hahaha amen to that. This kid is all over the place. Wait for your balls to drop before you start spreading your “expertise” across theses forums

I’d suspect metabolic damage if you are truly gaining weight at 1000 kcals a day…and the only way to repair it is to EAT.

The easiest way I would say is to stay away from the scale for a couple weeks and slowly ramp up your calories by 200-250 per week.

Are you stupid? I wasnt giving any advice. I was just saying that maybe she has a really slow metabolism. Learn to read.

[quote]ahzaz wrote:
Are you stupid? I wasnt giving any advice. I was just saying that maybe she has a really slow metabolism. Learn to read.[/quote]

Except people burn more than 1000 calories a day. So it doesn’t matter how slow the metabolism is.

[quote]ahzaz wrote:
Are you stupid? I wasnt giving any advice. I was just saying that maybe she has a really slow metabolism. Learn to read.[/quote]

I can’t believe I’m going to argue with a 14-yr-old. It just feels so wrong. I’m sorry kid- please don’t tell your parents on me.

You weren’t giving advice? Let’s take a look at what you wrote shall we?

[quote]ahzaz wrote:
Ok, i think this is pretty damn possible.[/quote]

Sounds like a scientific observation.

Do you not think it’s possible you were gaining weight at 2000 cal because you are still growing? Trying to relate puberty to what a 19-yr-old is going through is not exactly apples to apples.

Hmmm… sounds like advice.

Don’t worry about it? That is definitely advice. Based on your vast knowledge on the subject no doubt…

Look- I’m not saying that you can’t give advice at 14-yrs-old. I’m just saying that people should know you are 14 and that your assistance should be limited to helping people text message on their cell phones and maybe cutting their grass.

Hahaha :smiley: great answer eengrms.

But what I get from your answers is that i should increase my calorie intake slowly until my metabolism is better - balanced weight at about 2000 kcals.

But could you describe a little more what would happen and so?

And would i then be able to loose weight when my metabolism is kind of normal again? - and how should i do that.

[quote]warsoe wrote:
Hahaha :smiley: great answer eengrms.

But what I get from your answers is that i should increase my calorie intake slowly until my metabolism is better - balanced weight at about 2000 kcals.

But could you describe a little more what would happen and so?

And would i then be able to loose weight when my metabolism is kind of normal again? - and how should i do that.[/quote]

Have you read this article?

http://www.musclewithattitude.com/article/diet_and_nutrition/the_metabolism_repair_plan&cr=mwaDietAndNutrition

It’s a pretty good start.

is being 110lbs that bad?

[quote]Petermus wrote:
is being 110lbs that bad?[/quote]

I haven’t gotten to the part where I tell her she doesn’t need to lose weight… one problem at a time.

great article. thanks a lot.

i will slowly increase my kcal intake to about 2000. :slight_smile:

Maybe you think you’re eating 1000 calories, but are actually eating more.

I don’t think you guys understand how screwed up metabolism can get from an ED.

In an article on MWA, Scott Abel stated that he’s seen girls get fat on LESS than 1000 calories a day following ill-conceived contest prep.

And I have seen it happen to a friend of mine who had anorexia. When 500 calories becomes your maintenance, you can get fat on 1000. And it probably doesn’t matter much what foods you eat, the body still wants to store fat in that scenario.

And go read the Minnesota starvation experiment. After 20 weeks of severely restricted calories, in which guys lost muscle and bodyfat down to around 4-5%, they put on solely fat when calories were increased, but still well below original maintenance. Muscle restoration lagged after fat restoration.

Muscle was not completely restored, even after a period of ad lib overeating. At the end of the study, the subjects had 160% more fat than at the start, and slightly less muscle mass.

To the OP, I don’t see why you would choose Massive Eating for the purpose of losing weight. But muscle gain is probably a better goal right now anyway.

I think you should slowly increase calories while eating nutritious foods and lifting to increase muscle mass. Accept some fat gain in the process. It will take time to rebuild your metabolism. If your body didn’t have ways to hold on to fat, and increase it as soon as calories are available, you’d be dead by now.

And take a lot of fish oil. This is a nutrient which has been shown to make muscle more insulin sensitive while making fat less insulin sensitive.

However, anyone who has successfully coached someone with a metabolism compromised from an ED, please correct me if there’s a better strategy for the OP.

An average day would look like this

Breakfast:
Two eggs or 40g. of oatmeal with skim milk

Snack:
20g nuts

Lunch:
Chicken fillet 100 g
Vegetables 100g
Olive oil 10g

Snack:
Mackerel (fish) 125g.
Cucumber 150g.

Dinner:
Chicken fillet 100 g
Vegetables 100g
Olive oil 10g

Which would add up to 1000 kcal.

PS. on your advise I’m now eating 1300 kcal.

[quote]ahzaz wrote:

Ditto with “don’t worry about it” = “advice”

eat 2500 calories.

end.

http://www.musclewithattitude.com/article/diet_and_nutrition/the_metabolism_repair_plan&cr=mwaDietAndNutrition

The Metabolism Repair Plan from MWA.

You have seriously damaged your metabolism. You will need to repair it through a structured increase in calories. It is likely that you will gain some fat during this time, but it is neccessary. This article would be a good start, but you may need to see a professional.

I believe the Metabolism Repair Plan was designed for the typical overweight woman to lose fat, and to steer her away from the typical low-fat, high-carb diet and tons of cardio.

However, it is based on Berardi principles which is pretty much what the OP is doing already.

OP, are you doing any weight training? Weight training plus BCAAs plus Surge may help give your body a needed anabolic stimulus.