Gaining Weight Back After the Flu

hey guys, exactly a week ago, i got one of the worst flu’s i have ever had, any thing i ate would just stay in my stomach for 6 hours and then would just get puked up. terrible bowl movements, bile in my stool etc…

this lasted for about 3 days and my apitite was still crap for another day or so.

During this time i went from about 208 down to 201 which is not nice since im in a weight class sport and am feeling weak because of my weight loss.

I have been eating normally if not more then usual for about 3 days now and have only gone back up to 202.

I hear that usually with weight loss from sickness its usually like “3 days down, 3 days up” but the weight is just not comming back. Im assuming because i lose a decent amount of muscle and fat. will this come back once i resume regular training?

Whoever told you some 3 day rule is probably someone you should avoid getting much info from in the future.

Your body is not on some timer. There are too many variables. It should not take long to regain weight lost…but again this is a DIET ISSUE. Muscle isn’t magic. If you lost it, it is going to take more food to get it back.

I highly doubt you lost 7lbs of fat+muscle in 3days…

[quote]zraw wrote:
I highly doubt you lost 7lbs of fat+muscle in 3days… [/quote]

well it was closer to 5 days before i was eating completly normaly again. and im still only 202 so i did lose at least 5lbs of actual weight (not water)

I’m assuming you mean diarrhea by terrible bowl movements? If so it was probably poop and a little bit of fat/muscle. Your colon holds a crap ton of built of feces (I think?).

I’ve lost 30lbs in a week from e coli and I highly doubt my body consumed 30lbs of muscle and fat in a week. Took about 10 days after being better to start gaining weight.

I’d say just eat to gain, and lift regularly should come back soon! The only think that will help is food really.

[quote]Meeko wrote:
I’m assuming you mean diarrhea by terrible bowl movements? If so it was probably poop and a little bit of fat/muscle. Your colon holds a crap ton of built of feces (I think?).

I’ve lost 30lbs in a week from e coli and I highly doubt my body consumed 30lbs of muscle and fat in a week. Took about 10 days after being better to start gaining weight.

I’d say just eat to gain, and lift regularly should come back soon! The only think that will help is food really.[/quote]

I believe average is about 5lbs in the digestive tract. Much more weight can be attributed depending on the size of the individual. I have heard Elvis Presley had 14lbs of undigested/digested food in his colon when he died.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Meeko wrote:

I’d say just eat to gain, and lift regularly should come back soon! The only think that will help is food really.[/quote]

I believe average is about 5lbs in the digestive tract. Much more weight can be attributed depending on the size of the individual. I have heard Elvis Presley had 14lbs of undigested/digested food in his colon when he died.[/quote]

Don’t forget glycogen and water.

I can lose 7lbs in a day just by shitting 3/4 times.

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]Meeko wrote:

I believe average is about 5lbs in the digestive tract. Much more weight can be attributed depending on the size of the individual. I have heard Elvis Presley had 14lbs of undigested/digested food in his colon when he died.[/quote]

I can lose 7lbs in a day just by shitting 3/4 times. [/quote]

You’re shitting glycogen!? :o

[quote]zraw wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]Meeko wrote:

I can lose 7lbs in a day just by shitting 3/4 times. [/quote]

You’re shitting glycogen!? :o
[/quote]

haha