Gaining Weight as a Prerequisite to Gaining Strength?

Yeah. Definitely. That was also in my mind when I was talking about genetical differences.

2 Likes

That’s a healthy bodyweight for a regular person, if you want to maximize your potential for strength then you would need to get up to 200+.

1 Like

Oh your a short bastard like myself…LOL. Welcome fellow vertically challenged brother!

then gaining weight is not necessary for your incredibly modest goals. a 300 lbs deadlift is very easily attainable at your current size. If you ever become more ambitious, then gaining weight may be something you need to do. But for a goal like that? nah. You should also make this a short term goal. If you don’t get to a 300 lbs deadlift within a few months, you did something wrong. This is assuming you’re relatively healthy, and don’t have some sort of physical deformity or pre-existing condition that would prevent you from achieving this level of strength. If you’re just a small dude, you’ll get there. The squat should come pretty fast as well, but depending on your starting point, could take closer to a year if you’re incredibly weak right now.

1 Like

5’9" is vertically challenged :cry:

1 Like

It’s boarder line

Well, at least we’re 69" amirite?

2 Likes

@bulldog9899 Haha. Thankfully where I’m currently residing, this is considered tall already. Funny though once I go back stateside I’d be vertically challenged. Lol

Oh I see. Well, like all addictions, I’m sure once I get there, there’s just gonna be a new higher goal. Haha. We’ll see. Not in a hurry to get to my goals or bigger weights yet cause I’m still fixing form. Better to fix it now than fix it later I guess. Thanks for pointing out that it should be a short term goal and that it’s actually doable. I just hope I’m on the right track

@anon50325502 such an easy number to remember. I wonder why. Lol!

Thanks @guineapig for the informative vid!

2 Likes