Gaining Strength without Mass Gains?

Right now I’m in a dilemma,

I can’t afford to put on any more muscle size, as I can’t afford to get a new wardrobe full of clothes. Anyhow, got any suggestions on how to gain strength without any mass gains? I was thinking of total body training, they seem to help me retain size while gaining strength.

Your thoughts?

Olympic lifts.

Kinda.

yeah TBT, and keeping ur calories the same. Could even cycle ur carbs so that u lose some BF while keeping ur weight and gaining strength

This topic smells fishy.

And if you’re serious, then post this in strength sports.

Sell your old clothes to buy new sweat pants.

Dude I’m in China right now. My parents are tired and annoyed to shop all the time, they are cutting down my allowance, so here I am -.- My parents have also been telling me how I’m getting too big and threaten to stop buying protein for me.

I can’t be bothered to argue, I’ve tried and failed. Strength seems like a nice thing to pursue. So here I am asking on how to gain strength without mass.

[quote]Mondy wrote:
Dude I’m in China right now. My parents are tired and annoyed to shop all the time, they are cutting down my allowance, so here I am -.- My parents have also been telling me how I’m getting too big and threaten to stop buying protein for me.

I can’t be bothered to argue, I’ve tried and failed. Strength seems like a nice thing to pursue. So here I am asking on how to gain strength without mass.[/quote]

Whether or not you gain or lose weight from training is mostly related to your diet. Eat maintenance calories and you probably won’t gain a pound.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
Mondy wrote:

I can’t be bothered to argue, I’ve tried and failed. Strength seems like a nice thing to pursue. So here I am asking on how to gain strength without mass.

Whether or not you gain or lose weight from training is mostly related to your diet. Eat maintenance calories and you probably won’t gain a pound.[/quote]

When training for strength, do I still aim for one gram of protein per pound of bodyweight?

[quote]Mondy wrote:
Steel Nation wrote:
Mondy wrote:

Whether or not you gain or lose weight from training is mostly related to your diet. Eat maintenance calories and you probably won’t gain a pound.

When training for strength, do I still aim for one gram of protein per pound of bodyweight? [/quote]

Yeah, just so total calories are at maintenance level.

Anyone have any good programs/routine to recommend to get me started?

Do mostly singles and doubles. Keep the rests long. Eat less.

[quote]coffee wrote:
Do mostly singles and doubles. Keep the rests long. Eat less.[/quote]

perfect, like 3x3 or cycle singles at 90% or more, just dont be dumb with doing singles on curls that i would probs do 3 sets of 5 for assistance if u really dont want hypertrophy or do more cardio and loose fat.

your profile says 167lbs. Wow you are jacked.
Wheres my protein powder mom!!!

I get my shirts at k-mart for 4 dollars. And they look nice too, or at least I think so. no one says anything. I just wear the same pants everyday, or wear basketball shorts(i think thats what they are called). You know, the mesh ones that breath for the balls.

Also, you need to buy clothes that are too big, so the 4 dollars can go for a few years before you have to buy a new one. I got a shirt for 2 dollars at walmart like 8 years ago, it was like a dress damn near when I got it and I still wear it. It fits well now. See all it takes is a little forethought.

Singles and doubles for big lifts.
Caloric Maintenece.

How old are you?

[quote]Scrotus wrote:
I get my shirts at k-mart for 4 dollars. And they look nice too, or at least I think so. no one says anything. I just wear the same pants everyday, or wear basketball shorts(i think thats what they are called). You know, the mesh ones that breath for the balls.

Also, you need to buy clothes that are too big, so the 4 dollars can go for a few years before you have to buy a new one. I got a shirt for 2 dollars at walmart like 8 years ago, it was like a dress damn near when I got it and I still wear it. It fits well now. See all it takes is a little forethought.[/quote]

X2…your the same weight as me, and im far from HYOOOGGEE…i got a 32" waist and still fit mediums nicely without the toolbag tightness. ONLY problem would be my quads, but someone covered that with the sweatpants. WALMART YESS!! haha…i love that shit 4 t-shirts, pants, underwear, and socks…50 bucks…LOVE IT

Dude go make some money and get big!

ur in china, plenty of sweat shops to take advantage of :wink:

[quote]Invictica wrote:
Singles and doubles for big lifts.
Caloric Maintenece.

How old are you?[/quote]

I’m 17.

How would I set up a 3x3 program?

3x3 for deadlift,squats, and bench press each session for three times a week and strive to add 5 pounds each workout?