Gaining Strength and Losing Fat

hey guys i wanna go on a fat loss diet but i was just wondering this…is it possible to still gain some STRENGTH…i dont want to gain weight just strength…

is that possible? im gonna do teh 10x3 method with some of my exercises and do something similar to the t-dawg diet. so my question is…is it possible to gain just STRENGTH, not mass, not weight ??

Simply. Yes, but there will come a certain point where you will have to gain mass to gain strength.

[quote]kobe4life08 wrote:
hey guys i wanna go on a fat loss diet but i was just wondering this…is it possible to still gain some STRENGTH…i dont want to gain weight just strength…

is that possible? im gonna do teh 10x3 method with some of my exercises and do something similar to the t-dawg diet. so my question is…is it possible to gain just STRENGTH, not mass, not weight ??[/quote]

How many threads do you start per week? Good hussle kid.

i dont wanna gain anymore weight though…i just wanna get stronger…what are some methods?

i dont wanna gain anymore weight though…i just wanna get stronger…what are some methods?[/quote]

Simplev lift heavy shit and adjust dietv to not gain
really thats it. watch the volume you might not beable to handle as much as when bulking. and it will be a slower process but other than that it all the same. just don t eat to gain. just cause you lidt in say the “hypertrophy” zone 8-10 rep well you wont gain unless you eat for it.

pick a solid program that fits yourt goal what type of strength quality are you looking for

I may also suggest you pick a goal and stick to that one thing longer then a few weeks this stuff be it bulk, cut, etc takes time

Phill

i dont wanna gain anymore weight though…i just wanna get stronger…what are some methods?[/quote]

Pavel is often ripped on here but gaining strength without mass is pretty much his thing. His two best are the 5x5x5 program and the Power to the people program. 5x5x5 is doing 5 exercises, 5 times a week for 1 set of 5 (after warmups). the PTTP program is 2x5 for two big lifts (eg. the deadlift and the side press) done 5 days a week.

The basic theory is a few compound movements done at a high frequency at a low volume. His programs are great if you are a novice and his book “power to the people” is excellent but if you want to get big, look somewhere else.

how does this look guys?

Day #1: Monday
Pull-up: 10 x 3 weighted
Bench Press: 10 x 3
Squat: 3 x 8
Hamstring Curl: 3 x 6
Calf/Biceps/Triceps exercises: 1 set each 6-10 reps
Ab exercise: anything goes

Day #2: Wednesday
Deadlift: 10 x 3
Rack Pull: 3 x 3-5
Flyes: 3 x 8
Overhead Press: 10 x 3 standing, cleaned from floor
Ab exercise: anything goes, but different than previous session

Day #3: Friday
Dips: 10 x 3
Rows: 10 x 3
DB split squat: 3 x 8
Lunge variations: 3 x 6-8

how does this look guys?

Day #1: Monday
Pull-up: 10 x 3 weighted
Bench Press: 10 x 3
Squat: 3 x 8
Hamstring Curl: 3 x 6
Ab exercise: anything goes

Day #2: Wednesday
Deadlift: 10 x 3
Rack Pull: 3 x 3-5
Flyes: 3 x 8
Overhead Press: 10 x 3 standing, cleaned from floor

Day #3: Friday
Dips: 10 x 3
Rows: 10 x 3
DB split squat: 3 x 8
Lunge variations: 3 x 6-8
[/quote]

Still too much volume. Cut the 10x3’s down to 5x3, reduce the reps in the 3xwhatever’s to 5 reps. With the calf/biceps/tris I would also use 3-5x3-5. If you keep the total reps for each exercise to a max of 15, and eat appropriately, you will minimise hypertrophy.