T Nation

Gaining Solid Weight...Again

I’m new to this message board and I think the question I’m going to be asking was probably asked my hundreds of people in the past. I’ve worked out heavily in the past, working out to be healthy but even more so to look good. I got the results I was striving for. I was 135 and went up to 145. Now my focus is different this time around.

It’s been about 2 years and I still sit at 145. I want to get back into weight training but now it’s for “strength endurance.” Does anybody have a recommendation of what type of diet I can get into. I’m 145 and want to get up to a solid 155. It seems to me that it’s a lot harder to gain weight. Perhaps I reached a plateau? Any feedback will help. Thank you.

[quote]Entheos37 wrote:
I’ve worked out heavily in the past, working out to be healthy but even more so to look good. I got the results I was striving for. I was 135 and went up to 145.[/quote]

145 was your goal? Wow.

[quote]Entheos37 wrote:
I want to get back into weight training but now it’s for “strength endurance.” Does anybody have a recommendation of what type of diet I can get into.[/quote]

Strength endurance would be a higher reps program. Look into “Escalating density training” on this website. That’s where one strives to perform more reps each workout, building endurance.

As for diet, just eat. Try to eat at least a pound of meat a day. But eat; eat a lot. Weigh yourself once a week and eat more the following week if you haven’t gained.

It’s the battle of the knife and fork, which contributes about 80% of what it takes to get bigger.

Watch this video for inspiration:
[video]81[/video]

[quote]Entheos37 wrote:
can get into. I’m 145 and want to get up to a solid 155.[/quote]

A solid 155 isnt very solid at all. Unless your like 4 foot something. Try going for something higher than a mighty 10 pounds. Mabey a good extra 50 pounds.

Oh and drink plenty (a gallon) of milk each day. That and a small tub (2 cups) of cottage cheese to your normal diet. That right there makes 220 grams of protein.

[quote]Kailash wrote:
Watch this video for inspiration:
[video]81[/video][/quote]

you… are… god…