Gaining Lots of Weight (Water?)

In the past 2 weeks I have gained 6 lbs. My waist and belt line is still going down but weight keeps creeping up. Going to increase my water intake to close to 2 gallons if I can stomach it.

Any pointers to limit the water weight gain?

check aldosterone levels as one possible cause is low salt.

increased water intake = increased salt depletion.

low salt = increase sweating, increased urination, increased water retention, increased resting heart rate, increased blood pressure.

you can do a quick pupil test (per stopthethyroidmadness.com) or just take some sea salt and see how it makes you feel - toss 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt to the back of your throat and chug a full glass of water. When I first did this, I felt freaking amazing, jumping off the walls with energy, and a great mood. plus my BP went down by from 140/90 to 110/60-70 and Resting Heart Rate dropped from 90 to 60 (I think). my ankles stopped swelling, and I stopped sweating at the slightest exertion + my knee stopped hurting (had been hurting for 3+ years).

[quote]PureChance wrote:
check aldosterone levels as one possible cause is low salt.

increased water intake = increased salt depletion.

low salt = increase sweating, increased urination, increased water retention, increased resting heart rate, increased blood pressure.

you can do a quick pupil test (per stopthethyroidmadness.com) or just take some sea salt and see how it makes you feel - toss 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt to the back of your throat and chug a full glass of water. When I first did this, I felt freaking amazing, jumping off the walls with energy, and a great mood. plus my BP went down by from 140/90 to 110/60-70 and Resting Heart Rate dropped from 90 to 60 (I think). my ankles stopped swelling, and I stopped sweating at the slightest exertion + my knee stopped hurting (had been hurting for 3+ years).[/quote]

But how could this be??? I was always told that salt causes water retention. In fact if I eat a salty meal the night before, the next morning I can see I get a little puffy under my eyes or ankle. sometime sMy weight will go up by as much as 3 pounds if I am eating a very salt meal

yes. high salt is bad for you but, low salt is just as bad for you.

some people don’t need salt, they retain enough on their own.
Other people have to take salt constantly because they bodies excrete it too quickly.

that is why I recommended checking his Aldosterone levels as that would confirm (low aldosterone = low salt = poor electrolyte balance)

eating a salty meal with table salt is not the same as taking 1 teaspoon of SEA Salt directly with water without food. Not sure why it is not the same, but it isn’t.